I hear y'all talking about the G.O.A.T.

Originally Posted by WillyBuck

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

So me being born in Brooklyn, but raised in Cleveland makes me a NYer?

He was born in Harlem son. He grew up a teenager in B-More.
Even when rappers from the Bay talk about 'Pac, they acknowledge him as being from New York.

That's a damn lie
laugh.gif
, everyone out here claims Pac is from the Bay.

Even when rappers from the Bay talk about 'Pac, they acknowledge him as being from New York.

That's a damn lie
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Are any of yall actually surprised at Puff co-signing Ross as the next Big? Dude would sell out his own mother if the price was right...dude is the devil.

As much as i dislike Puff, hes just trying to stay afloat so its not that hard to understand. Dude was behind some of my favorite songs (and some of Dirty Money goes OFF in the clubs) but I just don't like how he handles business (name any surviving Bad Boy acts).

Are any of yall actually surprised at Puff co-signing Ross as the next Big? Dude would sell out his own mother if the price was right...dude is the devil.

As much as i dislike Puff, hes just trying to stay afloat so its not that hard to understand. Dude was behind some of my favorite songs (and some of Dirty Money goes OFF in the clubs) but I just don't like how he handles business (name any surviving Bad Boy acts).

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

At BIG's expense?  That's crossing the line IMO.  BIG was real...he told REAL stories....co-signing a dude like Ross (while I do enjoy his music), is a slap in the face and a huge injustice to arguably the greatest to ever rap.  I understand Puff wanting to keep himself relevant, but I'm not cool with the ways in which he goes about doing it.  Again, he's the devil. 

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

At BIG's expense?  That's crossing the line IMO.  BIG was real...he told REAL stories....co-signing a dude like Ross (while I do enjoy his music), is a slap in the face and a huge injustice to arguably the greatest to ever rap.  I understand Puff wanting to keep himself relevant, but I'm not cool with the ways in which he goes about doing it.  Again, he's the devil. 

Originally Posted by zube42

That's a damn lie
laugh.gif
Not a lie, Richie Rich & Ray Luv have both acknowledged it.

Originally Posted by zube42

That's a damn lie
laugh.gif
Not a lie, Richie Rich & Ray Luv have both acknowledged it.

And if Jay woulda spit that ''I'm the King now - no Biggie'' while Chris was alive, it would have been clear disrespect...

...IRONY: the rapper respecting the legacy of Big more than anyone else being the rapper Chris sent many a subliminal shot to; N. Jones.

And if Jay woulda spit that ''I'm the King now - no Biggie'' while Chris was alive, it would have been clear disrespect...

...IRONY: the rapper respecting the legacy of Big more than anyone else being the rapper Chris sent many a subliminal shot to; N. Jones.

Haze droppin' knowledge like usual...
Good @%* thread. 
pimp.gif

EDIT: *hops in the Acura & proceeds to play RTD & LAD back-to-back* 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Haze droppin' knowledge like usual...
Good @%* thread. 
pimp.gif

EDIT: *hops in the Acura & proceeds to play RTD & LAD back-to-back* 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Read Darrin Bastfield's book, he was best friends with 2Pac in Baltimore. It is made very clear that 'Pac thought of himself as being from New York. Even when rappers from the Bay talk about 'Pac, they acknowledge him as being from New York. How he going to be from Baltimore, but rep NY the whole time he there?
personally i don't care much where he was located while performing A Raisin in the Sun auditions.

Pac the rapper is so obviously a west coast n_ it's not even worth discussing. you have to be dumb, death, and blind to not feel the effect his time out here had on him. California, north or south, with Tupac Amaru Shakur is a destined fit if i've ever seen one.

laugh.gif
come out here and try and tell a Marin City n_ Pac from B more, or Harlem, or where have you, and i bet you get your jaw wired.
How you getting at me when I'm just relaying @%*$ Pac said himself?
laugh.gif
Obviously he was a west coast rapper and adopted that persona, but he said himself that he's from the East Coast, and that was in '93, a few years after he made it out to California.

i wasn't even trying to get at you man, i was just speakin on the general idea. like someone else said the +%*! is tired.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Read Darrin Bastfield's book, he was best friends with 2Pac in Baltimore. It is made very clear that 'Pac thought of himself as being from New York. Even when rappers from the Bay talk about 'Pac, they acknowledge him as being from New York. How he going to be from Baltimore, but rep NY the whole time he there?
personally i don't care much where he was located while performing A Raisin in the Sun auditions.

Pac the rapper is so obviously a west coast n_ it's not even worth discussing. you have to be dumb, death, and blind to not feel the effect his time out here had on him. California, north or south, with Tupac Amaru Shakur is a destined fit if i've ever seen one.

laugh.gif
come out here and try and tell a Marin City n_ Pac from B more, or Harlem, or where have you, and i bet you get your jaw wired.
How you getting at me when I'm just relaying @%*$ Pac said himself?
laugh.gif
Obviously he was a west coast rapper and adopted that persona, but he said himself that he's from the East Coast, and that was in '93, a few years after he made it out to California.

i wasn't even trying to get at you man, i was just speakin on the general idea. like someone else said the +%*! is tired.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

This thread moreso proves why the BIG/Rick Ross comparison is the most preposterous sh-- EVER
grin.gif
People only comparing Ross to B.I.G. cause they both fat and black.
laugh.gif

To make matters worse, Puff started co-signing Ross.
Ross is what Puff wishes Biggie could have been
a pawn

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

This thread moreso proves why the BIG/Rick Ross comparison is the most preposterous sh-- EVER
grin.gif
People only comparing Ross to B.I.G. cause they both fat and black.
laugh.gif

To make matters worse, Puff started co-signing Ross.
Ross is what Puff wishes Biggie could have been
a pawn

Yal know when people talk about that it factor? Like they just have "IT" but you cant really put your finger on what "IT" is. You just know it seperates them from everyone else.

G.O.A.T

Back
Top Bottom