I knew this would of happen, just knew it. Vol. Camel huntin season, death to DJ

Yo i knew this was gonna happen soon. When they was both talkin to Angie Martinez that interview was just depressin, an they seem like they was both kinda justnot even really talkin much, talkin around the issue.

u have to look @ it from both sides... u dont wanna put ur artist too far in the hole...especially some dudes who dont really do numbers at all... beans and free need to realize they arent marketable...
but you realize that Def Jam didnt do nothin for these two, especially Freeway. He didnt get 1 video, nor did they even go thru the usual processan artist on a major goes thru when they drop an album (Whoo Kid touched on it in the interview). Free had the song with Jay buzzing regionally over thesummer, Free tried to shoot the video with Jay but he never gave him the look...this aint even no situation like Method Man or nothing like that, this isreally in-camp, they always stressed Rocafella like family...and you wont even give him that look for the video?

I dont think asking to be pushed like Kayne or Jeezy, but them N's got done dirty. I mean, Beans album was soft as hell (admittedly so), but he got morefans than 60K. The B. Coming damn near went gold and he was locked up during that album, no promo with that either, but Dame single-handedly had that %%$%buzzing...Jay was the reason both artists signed back to the label if you remember, and now they hear about Jay leaving over the internet...

time has valid points but in the same token we all know jay is jerking them. im sure each project recieved some sort of budget you telling me promo wasnt partof the budget. now if the artist was fully responsible for how the budget is split then its their fault. we dont know that and Jay Z snake-ness is mainstreamand is in the spotlight so by default people is gonna give the artist the benefit of the doubt. why chrisette michelle (or however you spell her name) got nopromo she's new how DJ gonna determine she would be wasted money?

man... first off...big spender sounds like noise to anybody outside of the tristate area... the beat was horried and a terribly long reach... hook wasGARBAGE... that $@+! wasnt gone get him no units moved... jay is smarter than that... and he IS looking out by letting him have to recoup as little aspossible... he coulda spent dumb money on promotion and freeway would b cryin about that instead...

beans album wasnt just soft...it was WACK... people dont wanna buy wack $@+! and everybody ive talked to about his album doesnt like it... the b coming soldoff he strength of what sold music back b4 all this commercial $@+!... THE ALBUM WAS GOOD! adn the roc wasnt in shambles... people have taken sides now...

everybody isnt gonna sell... why even waste money? need to drop these crybaby%@@$ dudes... maybe free should get back on the road wit them thangs and maybebeans could make some money in the monkey cages at the zoo... the REAL RAP game obviously isnt for them... this aint the roc's heyday no more... $@+! isover and done with...chalk it up...

Originally Posted by ImmaGetMine

man... first off...big spender sounds like noise to anybody outside of the tristate area... the beat was horried and a terribly long reach... hook was GARBAGE... that $@+! wasnt gone get him no units moved... jay is smarter than that... and he IS looking out by letting him have to recoup as little as possible... he coulda spent dumb money on promotion and freeway would b cryin about that instead...

beans album wasnt just soft...it was WACK... people dont wanna buy wack $@+! and everybody ive talked to about his album doesnt like it... the b coming sold off he strength of what sold music back b4 all this commercial $@+!... THE ALBUM WAS GOOD! adn the roc wasnt in shambles... people have taken sides now...

everybody isnt gonna sell... why even waste money? need to drop these crybaby%@@$ dudes... maybe free should get back on the road wit them thangs and maybe beans could make some money in the monkey cages at the zoo... the REAL RAP game obviously isnt for them... this aint the roc's heyday no more... $@+! is over and done with...chalk it up...
the man is speakin truth

im from the tri state an i dont even think cats was feelin Big Spender. Heads on NT stay talkin about Big Spender was big during the summer. naaaaaaaaaaah idisagree.

beans album wasnt just soft...it was WACK... people dont wanna buy wack $@+! and everybody ive talked to about his album doesnt like it... the b coming sold off he strength of what sold music back b4 all this commercial $@+!... THE ALBUM WAS GOOD!

co-sign. no way you can listen to the B. Coming then The Solution and try and say The Solution is a solid effort from Beans.

Originally Posted by ImmaGetMine

man... first off...big spender sounds like noise to anybody outside of the tristate area... the beat was horried and a terribly long reach... hook was GARBAGE... that $@+! wasnt gone get him no units moved... jay is smarter than that... and he IS looking out by letting him have to recoup as little as possible... he coulda spent dumb money on promotion and freeway would b cryin about that instead...

beans album wasnt just soft...it was WACK... people dont wanna buy wack $@+! and everybody ive talked to about his album doesnt like it... the b coming sold off he strength of what sold music back b4 all this commercial $@+!... THE ALBUM WAS GOOD! adn the roc wasnt in shambles... people have taken sides now...

everybody isnt gonna sell... why even waste money? need to drop these crybaby%@@$ dudes... maybe free should get back on the road wit them thangs and maybe beans could make some money in the monkey cages at the zoo... the REAL RAP game obviously isnt for them... this aint the roc's heyday no more... $@+! is over and done with...chalk it up...
The roc is over has been since dame left. this is what i think happened and i may be totally wrong. Def Jam was looking bad q4 in 06 Jigga came out ofretirement to put the numbers up so it dont look like he is doing a terriable job as president. the album sold well got def jam back in it the album was wackand seemed like a half @ss effort. fast foward to 07 q4 looking bad again but worst this time no one from def jam really selling jigga put his superman cape onand used waht lil bit the lable had money wise to save it again thinking let me get two weeks in ill be plat and have money to make the ROC look good asalways. This time around he aint have enough to do the super budwiser/HP tie in promo, lets tie it to a movie with Denzel it'll be cheaper and Denzel willmake me hot cause the movie gonna be crazy. the movie aint do that well and jigga aint plat yet (last i recall) so no promo money for no one else daddy used itup. Look at q1 and 2 of 07 def jam did a fair amount of promo. I think the best example isnt rick ross one of def jam's cash cows he got lil promo but thatwas khaled doing then his album got pushed to q1 08. I know this for a fact ross album is done and has been donew thats why so much stuff is leaking. That hurtross now he's trying to replace those songs.

to the first paragraph, you know how much music is poppin out here that I think is wack my N' lol?? I know you co-sign alot of that goofy #%$+ out there,but regardless, you should know by now that aint the way to judge what hits the charts or not...

second, Im not f'in wit his new album, I was just stating how it was wit the B. Coming. N's memories fading on them, the rap game wasnt that muchbetter in 04 than it is now, only difference is that the majority rappers that are excepted commercially got even worse and more ignorant-sounding, andalbum-sales is down. But as far as what was in the mainstream, its the same way, the commercial/watered down #%$+ was still hot. Back then it was Dem FranshiseBoyz doin the same #%$+ these dudes now is doin. People dont buy wack #%$+ tho?

And the Roc was in shambles even more back then than it is now, what you talkin bout? That was RIGHT after they split up, nobody even knew was on the labelanymore. Beans was with Dame during that time, I dont even think Jay was involved wit that.

but either way, thats why I specifically was speaking on Free's situation, cuz his #%$+ was what was really f'ed up, thats why Beans was mad cuz heknew his #%$+ wasnt hot like that, he had the critically acclaimed album that everybody seem to love, and they aint do #%$+ for the boy...and even wit all ofthat, Free aint go at nobody head, just said he did his part and was grindin, Beans held back too...what you talkin bout N's crying? If you read thethread, its the opposite, dudes dont understand they dont really just call it how it is...

Originally Posted by jpap348

beans album wasnt just soft...it was WACK... people dont wanna buy wack $@+! and everybody ive talked to about his album doesnt like it... the b coming sold off he strength of what sold music back b4 all this commercial $@+!... THE ALBUM WAS GOOD!

co-sign. no way you can listen to the B. Coming then The Solution and try and say The Solution is a solid effort from Beans.
Beans said he couldnt be too hardcore on the solution for certain reasons but it is an ok cd

Beans' album wasn't as good as it should have been, but both artist definitely deserved their promo.

The part that stands out for me is Beans describing his situation as being in the position where you know your boy is a snake, but you ride with him becausehe's in your circle. That pretty much adds to and verifies what I already knew about Jay. I just don't think anyone thought he would do these twoartist dirty.

Yo what Time says about the industry n sales n backin artists isnt just a point its a fact. You can out more money into something n not even get half back. Imnot saying to do that AT ALL. Im saying when you go in to ya artists next projuect there should be some sort of fiscal earning PLAN set up. I mean you justdont hand over money let them do w/e then tell em what they cant do n then dont promote it anyway. Even with sales are the way they are now I know some albumsshould be sellin way more than they are. They should put a certain amount of money in to the prokect he have an aim at around how much they estimate to havethe album sell. Then that leaves a chance with the right promotion to sell more than what you aim to.

Now Time if you know these Ns aint gonna sell why even waste ANY money on the N_ doin it??????!!!!!!! At this point in the game DJ cant be salvaged with theartists they have left to dry cuz they have the mindframe that you have that these Ns aint gonna sell even if the album is good like Freeway's(Big Spenderis trash tho shoulda never been a single) why not just drop these Ns from the label???? Ive said the shhh numerous time you just got Ns disgruntled with waythey're careers are goin n takin up space n money when it comes time for the next album. Just drop these Ns you dont got worry about them after that n forthe ppl n artists who care about them makin good music still will handle it.

Def Jam aint a graveyard no more its no longer considered a hip hop label. Shhh is just like Disney for all I care but still cant see their #s, its time forthem to part with these rapper that wont sell anyway all yall Ns keep sayin yall tired of them complainin you should be wonderin why they complaini n why theyaint dropped yet. Let these Ns go

smokin.gif

laugh.gif
@ the "rap game." Cats just dont get it.

The way I see it is this: Little boys blaming a grown man for being a grown man.

Recently mad cats been comin out the woodwork mad at Jay-Z because hes not doing right by them. But the concept that they cant seem to grasp is thatJay-Z only cares about Jay-Z (and Beyonce'
pimp.gif
) How many cats gotta getswindled out of positions of power, record labels, ideas, hopes, and dreams before they come to this realization? Is yall cats frolicking on beaches in Italyand racing speed boats in the Mediterranean? Nooo? Are you even sniffing the leather on Bugatti Veyrons, all sorts of Bentleys and Lambos and things?Still nooo? Any of yall got your own successfull clothing line or alcohol? Oh yall just wear that and sip that cuz your man asked you to?Word? That Roc-A-Fella Piece cost you how much? Oh you aint even get one yet? (EAST NEW YAWWK
laugh.gif
) These cats shoulda stayed in school maybe they would have learned that that street ishhdont mean ishh when you no longer in the streets....

Free & Mr. Sigel need to smarten up...perhaps open the market up....

I mean these 2 cats have gone at peoples heads IN DEFENSE of Jay-Z's selfishness!!!!!!!!!!!! Jaz-O sends his regards btw...
nerd.gif

Dont be mad at Jay-Z be mad at yourself for entrusting your well being in another mans hands whos been proven to not care about even his closest associateswellbeing...

I tell you the difference between me and them
They tryin to get they ones, I'm tryin to get them M's
One million, two million, three million, four
In just five years, forty million more
You are now lookin at the forty million boy
I'm rapin Def Jam 'til I'm the hundred million man

That's another difference that's between me and them
Heh, I'm smarten up, open the market up
One million, two million, three million, four
In eighteen months, eighty million more
Now add that number up with the one I said before
You are now lookin at one smart black boy
Momma ain't raised no fool

Put me anywhere on God's green earth, I'll triple my worth

You don't know.. what you're doing.......................

Sure I do..
laugh.gif
Its funny to me becuase its not like hes hiding it...Heoutlined it right there in the lyrics....Spit it like a bullet for your ear drums but cats ducked and dismissed it as hot lines and it went right over theheads of the masses...

Yo TA-TA! You just hittin the Milly baby? Damn B. We 1..2..3'n it over here!!!

La Heiiime
laugh.gif

ehh, it's easy to see it either way.

Jay's obviously moved on to bigger things. he probably could've done more, but like Time has said, it wouldn't have mattered sales wise. i thinkBeans and Free both know that, they just seem to be upset/disappointed in the fact that Jay never made more of an attempt. i understand the loyalty aspect ofit, but when does it become alright for a dude to just move on? he cut ties with Dame and it seems he wants to cut ties with the Roc period. he's agrown-*** man, i think he can make that decision for himself.

it's a fine line between taking care of yourself and your interests and turning your back on someone. i think Jay is just looking forward and Beans andFree feel kind of betrayed that they aren't in that picture. it's easy to see it from their perspective, but is Jay supposed to take care of them dudesand give hand outs to everyone he was involved with on his way up?

When will cats see that Jay is not really the type for pushing an artist? His name pulls weight, but not when it comes to running a company. Corporate Americashowed a little more change and he bit off more than he could chew. Plain and Simple. Love Jay the artist, but the President....? At the same time Beans andFree should not be mad that Jay won't hold their hands anymore. it's not good business to put a bunch of money on the front end of an artist of thecaliber of these two dudes. The label wouldn't recoup their money from the promotions. That's just smart business. Instead of gettin' on radio andbitchin like some girls, if they were smart they'd take some of their advance money and film some music vids and throw 'em up on youtube, myspace, andon some hood dvd's. Ask Kanye how successful that route was for him.They need to take a lesson on promotion from the SOUTH and pull up on the block and popa trunk. Do some free promo shows. Book some in-stores. The game is too easy now for dudes not to make any money.

Back
Top Bottom