I know NT general is the Florida of old "sneaker heads"

But do you guy still buy or rock sneakers much? How many did you have at the peak of you sneaker enthusiasm? How many do you have now? Do you guys still keep an out out in the JB and Nike/Nike Retro forums to see if anything catches your eye? Do you think you're out the game for good or could you see yourself reverting some day?

I'm personally down to about 6 pairs of kicks. DS Columbias, flint 13s (05'), Concords, blk/red 13s (not those "dirty bred" monstrosities :stoneface: ), Carmines and the blk/stealth 23s. :lol:

I check out JB some times, but it's gotten increasingly easier to say "I'm officially out of the game" lately. I was waiting for my grails (columbias). All the pairs of kicks I have are a part of my personal top 10 of all time. I figure if I get the remaining 5, I can hang it up for good. I hardly ever wear my kicks though. :lol:

i still have (and buy) lots of kicks. 36 here.

however, I have started getting rid of some of my older stuff that has become unwearable over time.

Still own a lot of shoes, but I'm pretty much done with collecting.

Hell...I don't even wear Nikes anymore.  I have a pair of black/white Blazer SBs but that's it.  I tend to wear HUF, Adidas, Vans and Cons these days.

I got around 125 pair of kicks still (About to be 29) but i'm starting to sell / donating most of them. The wife and I plan on doing a $100,000 renovation.

Time to cash in.

Still keeping around 50 pairs though...

Last edited:
got like 20 pairs.. wear maybe like 5 of them. I'll prolly still buy them once in a while since I'm a fan of fieg and his asics collabs. Other than that, I'm good.

off-white chucks that are beat up to hell are my favorite pair.. Jordans are just so lame to me now. 

I'm selling almost all of my collection. I just would rather have the money to put away rather than tons of shoes I'll never wear. I'm going to try to focus on buying much fewer shoes and actually wearing them from now on.

I've bought a few pairs of Roshe's the past few years but that's it.  I'm trying to figure out what to do with all my old stuf

I was never into keeping them for display so I'm torn between keeping them or freeing up that space

Last edited:
At my peak of my sneaker collecting days I had 120 pairs. Now I have around 10: Air Angus SB's, 2x pairs of asics running sneakers, waterproof air bursts, gato streets, 2x pairs of onitsuka tigers, and some west indies edition air force 1's.

I recently saw the adidas xeno flux's and wanted to get those but then I saw the price for them, and I was like **** that.

:lol:

I don't wear Nike's any more. They're too bulky. I'm good with my Chucks, Lanvin's, and SLPs.

I still wear AF1s to the gym before changing into Lebrons for basketball though.

I've sold my collection 3 times already only to turn around buy more shoes.

I'm around 300 pairs.

I'm going to get down to 75. Probably call it a day and just bank the profit.

I haven't bought anything since the Atmos Duck Camo 90s.

Prolly gonna circle back and snatch up a pair of Just Don IIs and September Blue VIs.

I'll probably always buy sneakers I like but going forward I want to stick to paying retail unless its something thats an absolute must have.

My peak was 2013-2014 when I bought 34 pairs of Lebron XIs and 10 pairs of Retros. There are only like, 5 shoes I really want in 2015. I don't see myself buying anymore anytime soon.

I'm still into kicks [emoji]128542[/emoji]
I have learned to keep it less than 20 tho
If there's something I MUST have, I'll flip my least favorite pair.

I rarely wear sneakers anymore. Im one of those guys who is always wearing boat shoes/dress shoes(yea, yea I know). I dress much more modestly than I ever have and now prefer comfort over flair. That said I still have sneakers ive owned for 8+ years and have never worn or only worn once. I pulled out my goldenrod dunk hi and felt weird wearing yellow sneakers. Too loud for my taste now, but I have no interest in selling them.

That said I have to restrain myself from browsing the jordan and nike retro forums because I know I'll relapse and start dropping 100s if not 1000s on sneakers like I use to years ago :lol: I saw the picture of the aqua 8s coming back out and started planning to cop 3 pairs :smh: I damn near lost my mind when I saw some of the huarache flights they were bringing back out. But even still, I fell back. I have too many other priorities now to be spending bread like that on sneakers. And even then, if I do buy all these sneakers they would probably go years without being worn. I've become a latent collector of sorts, which is ironic given the 'rock everything' mentality I use to have.

Last edited:
I got 15 pairs right now.
I ain't an OG, but I sold alot of my shoes on the Bay for the guap to do stuff for school.

idk I'll lose intrest eventually, it's just a habit now, not really a "passion" (I use that VERY loosely)

I'm out the game i had a peak of maybe 40 pairs.... sold a lot of them and now down to about 15 still trying to get rid of some....

I'm currently buying dress and nice casual shoes... been buying shoes from Cole Haan

i have about a 100+ pairs and would love to move at least 75%

but i wore almost all of them (as you should) and doubt i'd get any decent offers :rolleyes

At my peak I had close to 100, but I would purge every once in a while and get rid of stuff. Recently did my final purge and I'm down to under 10. I'm not saying I'll never buy a pair of sneakers again, but I'm 99% done. I just have other priorities and don't care as much.

Rarely wear or cop sneakers these days. Boots, Wallabee, and in the summer, some nylon Cortez.

Still got about 75 pair of sneakers tho. Sold off maybe 25-30 a couple years ago. Need to get back on it. I'm keeping my OG DMP's tho :pimp:

I'll rock NB, Saucony, Asics here and there. Jordan's mayne once every few months.

Last edited:
dont buy but i wear sneakers every day. when i go out to a bar i'll wear vans or boots though.

Last edited:
I'm constantly getting rid of kicks ds and worn. I buy a random jordan every now and then. At one point I had over 200+ nikes and Jordan's I'm currently around 30+ trying to get down to about 5-10 pairs at the most

as long as nike air on the 3-6 comes back "remastered" im sure we will still be interested.

quality over quantity considering the crazy styles nike and jb are releasing.

it would be nice to have a decent "normal" color scheme of jordans releasing like white/red, white/blue white/green xis or any color involving these combos: white, black, grey/silver, green, red, blue, purple on the 1-18s. i didnt like anything after 18. any other crazy color like pink, timberland tan, gold, brown, teal, neon yellow, i mean i aint feeling them.

Usual story...

At my peak, had around 180 pairs of Air Jordans and around 70 pairs of Nike/other brands... down to roughly 60-70 pairs total now.

I'll always love kicks... I'll always love the pairs I've owned over the years... I'll always love wearing some of my older faves (as long as I can)

But gone is the love for the culture and what it's become, and especially how the business model/practices of the sneaker companies evolved for the worse. It just changed too much, raffles and lotteries, Twitter, Bots, virtually every single release is limited or some idiotic gimmick, overpriced and low quality, and so on and so on...

I'm not as bad as I used to be. I still have boxes coming in. I definitely had/have a problem. I've sold a couple here and there and given a few to my nephews once their feet got big enough. I keep telling my wife I'm going to get rid of them.....and the boxes keep coming in :smh:

Back
Top Bottom