I Need a Tasty Baked Mac n Cheese Recipe

Boil Mac and cheese

Make roux out of flour and butter (youtube it)

Add Ragu Double cheddar to roux and mix it( I use 2 bottles, about 2 bucks a bottle)

Pour cheese mix into the macaroni

Add and mix shredded cheese of your liking (the more the better)

Put macaroni into the pan

Add bread crumbs on top of the macaroni and cheese

and bake for 30 - 45min at 325 degrees.
The roux is what really makes the Mac and cheese stand out.

I would suggest getting shredded sharp cheddar instead of Ragu jars because it's a lot easier and makes it more homemade.

Also, if you want to really kick it up, fry some bacon to crumble on top. When it's finished, use the bacon grease to cook some chopped onions and minced garlic so you can add it to the cheese mixture.

Oh yeah protip: don't overcook pasta. It should be a little al dente (firm) if you plan on throwing it in the oven. Also it prevents the noodle from breaking apart when you fold in the cheese. [emoji]128077[/emoji]

My recipe:

-Start by sauteeing onions

-then whisk around flour about 10 mins.

-add milk, let cook for 10 mins (stirring).

-temper in egg

-add cheese

-add aldente noodles

-bake for half hour.

I make a "gourmet" mac'n'cheese, Pecorrino Ramano, a parmesan, and asiago. I pan fry some prosciutto then break it up and blend it with the noodles, cheese, eggs and milk before baking it. Dont use regular elbow for this, use cavatappi noodles, looks better.

My reg MnC, i use Colby blend and sharp cheddar. None of that tasteless mild cheddar crap :lol:

- milk and cheese (Little velvetta, mostly cheddar) in the pot. Season to taste.

- Add some flour.

- throw in the macaroni that has been cooked.

- Put it in a pan.

- Top it off with some breadcrumbs so it has that crunch on top

- Bake for 30 - 35 mins 

Last edited:
Cream, whatever cheese, eggs, noodles and breadcrumbs.

Salt your pasta water. Whenever you cook pasta or really anything you water should taste like sea water. Taste your water for salt before you cook.

Cook the mac drain it.  While it's still hot throw cream cheese and a bit of butter in the pot you just cooked the mac in.  Let it melt real good.  Then take a pyrex casserole dish put all the mac mixture in there, and put sliced smoked gouda in the middle, bottom, and on top.  Cover it with foil cook on 200 degrees for a 1 hour 30 min.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom