I need advicve on a starter Credit Card .

Im 23 and never had a credit card , but i have car loans and phones in my name so i have credit . I want to know which cards has the best reward programs andintrest rates . And lowest anual fees if possible . I was think the american express blue .

thanks

dont go nuts

its not a toy

at some point you really got to pay for what you buy

edit

now that you know that American Express if you can get one is the best

they got dollar for dollar reward points

Originally Posted by AKA King Arthur

dont go nuts

its not a toy

edit

i havent even applied and im already planning on being very careful with this , took me 5 years to even really consider getting one . how are theanual fees ?

I was just going to suggest AMEX blue.

It was my first CC and worked out really very well.

Originally Posted by DiPlOMaT007

dont go nuts

its not a toy

edit

i havent even applied and im already planning on being very careful with this , took me 5 years to even really consider getting one . how are the anual fees ?

i try to pay it down to 0 every month

I think with Amex you cant even carry a month to month balance. dont quote me on that though

If you're going to get one, don't spend more than you can pay off EACH month. Otherwise, you'll think "I can pay for this later" and withthat mentality you'll end up owing thousands upon thousands of dollars in debt. Don't go overboard, you will regret it later.

The best advice--don't get one unless it's for EMERGENCIES only.

Originally Posted by DiPlOMaT007

dont go nuts

its not a toy

edit

i havent even applied and im already planning on being very careful with this , took me 5 years to even really consider getting one . how are the anual fees ?

i try to pay it down to 0 every month

I think with Amex you cant even carry a month to month balance. dont quote me on that though

With amex the blue is the only one where you cant make month to month payments , plus it looks cool
pimp.gif

dont go nuts

its not a toy

frown.gif
i needed someone like you in my ear 2 years ago.

Originally Posted by FromThaTown

They will take forever to increase their limit. At least that's how it was for me.

since its his first credit card he shouldnt have a high spending limit anyway, i had a bank of america cc with a 700 limit which was good because it limited myspending and helped me become a but more conservative with it. If you're responsible however get a AA theyll prob start you off at like a G or somethingnot sure

i got a Discover card when I was 17, and im 22 now

#1) some places don't take it, so i ended up not solely relying on it
#2) cashback is nice (i get 5% back on gas from july-aug right now)

it takes a while to get a higher credit limit or maybe because i don't use it often, i started with $600, and now its only up to $3500

i'm 19 and have 3 cards already
laugh.gif
but i make sure i pay all of them in full the same day i get the bill. i have citi, capital one, and chase if thathelps
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by doosta45

no card at all.

if you are dead set on getting one. get amex.
QFT.

I recommend getting getting one of their CHARGE CARDS if you qualify. The Green Card is $95/year but the key is that you have to pay off the balance in fulleach month, so getting into debt will be a difficult task with this card. In case of emergencies you can negotiate payments of large purchases over time.Buying with the card will let you dispute transactions better than a debit card and they also offer an extended warranty on items (sometimes double themanufacturer's). The best part is that their reward points never expire.

Back
Top Bottom