i need new running/training sneakers

Whats up NT?

Im looking to cop some new sneakers to run and train with. When i run i usually go for like 30 mins at a time and my training consists of weight lifting. Right now Im looking at either the nike free run +, lunarglide +, or air max tailwind + 2. ideally i'd get the am '09 or '10, but i am waiting on the next 50 to possibly get a pair. anyone train/run in any of these? thanks.

Uhm, I'd recommend some Trainer SC. IMO. also I like getting some nike twilights just because they are so cheap.

I bought the Nike Free Run+ my self haven't recieved them but heres my reasoning

Came from Brooks Defyance than switched to Nike Moto both Neutral shoes ( but the motos suck so bad its given me 2 black toenails)
Non compressable sole so it can double as a running/training shoe
Supposedly will last you until the upper wears off since theres no FOAM to be destroyed
Mimics barefoot running, whichis ok for me since I don't run that far anyways

If you're looking for some good budget friendly shoes try the Nike Pegasus and Nike Lunarglides.  I've been using the Nike Pegasus for the past few months putting about 15-30 miles a week and they have been great and have held up too.  I just purchased the Lunarglides because their reviews from Nike, runners world, Outdoor (something), and etc. have all been pretty good.  Slowly breaking in the Lunarglides and they feel fantastic.  Some of the Lunarglide colors are on sale at Finishline for $80 and you can use a $15 off coupon and do a store pick up to save even more. 

Good luck. 

Btw.  I do my runs on a treadmill, track, and street.  

frees are great

but not if they are going to be your only shoe. if you can only get one, get some good running shoes. GO TO A REAL RUNNING SHOE SPECIALTY STORE, this cannot be emphasized enough. Employees at FL or whatever mean well but really they don't know jack about shoes, based on the dozens of eye-rolling, tongue-biting experiences I have had.

You can train (by which i mean run and lift, not agility drills or stuff like that) in running shoes, but you can't really run in training shoes. At least, I wouldn't recommend it.

agreed, you have to know the efficiency of your gate cycle and things like that. go to a specialty running store or do the "paper bag test" (just google it) to determine your arch shape. can't speak any more highly about asics from my experience

Kobe V. It's been my gym shoe since it dropped. It's impeccable - minimal for weight lifting, supportive enough for bball, and you can run in them.

It doesn't matter what kind of gait you have, you should land on your midfoot (NOT the heel). Heel landing is not how we're designed to run.

I recommend you get the Nike Vermero (spell check)... Has Zoom & Cushlon also sum Duralon.... feels great and very responsive... it would b perfect for wut ur describing... the Nike Free is targeted toward a barefoot running feel... it lets ur foot take its natural motion wen u stride also ur able 2 flex ur toes and build muscle... the lunarglide i would recommend due to the fact that they feel great but QUICKLY lose its cushy feel..... the tailwind 2010 is another great choice.... to each is own....

I run everyday. I use lunarGliders. They are light and durable. If you want cushion, I would go with the 2009s. Otherwise the lunars will be fine.

Originally Posted by TooSentz

I run everyday. I use lunarGliders. They are light and durable. If you want cushion, I would go with the 2009s. Otherwise the lunars will be fine.

Iv been waiting to get some lunarglides for cheap because i have hear good things about them.  I have nike shox turbo now and they are just kind of heavy that my only complaint. 

wondering if you have any insight on Lunarglide vs lunarlite's vs lunarswift vs lunar Kayoss?

Back
Top Bottom