I want to buy a Longboard but don't know how.

I have never skated in my life but I want to try longboarding. This person wants to trade me his Loaded Vanguard.  Is that a good board?  What's a good board to start out on?I've seen videos of skaters dancing on their boards.  I want to one day be at least half as good as them.  

I have never skated in my life but I want to try longboarding. This person wants to trade me his Loaded Vanguard.  Is that a good board?  What's a good board to start out on?I've seen videos of skaters dancing on their boards.  I want to one day be at least half as good as them.  

so you wanna ride boards just cus it's cool ride those ugly #%! long boards huh? HUH?!

jk fam.

No idea on long boards, I still stand on how disgusting they look. Yucky.

Dude, a long board does not require major skill other than balancing yourself and skating on it(ignorant post is ignorant). It's not like you finna be doing tricks (idk if you can lol). You'll be good. If you really want it, get it and just practice your skating on it.

Former skater.

so you wanna ride boards just cus it's cool ride those ugly #%! long boards huh? HUH?!

jk fam.

No idea on long boards, I still stand on how disgusting they look. Yucky.

Dude, a long board does not require major skill other than balancing yourself and skating on it(ignorant post is ignorant). It's not like you finna be doing tricks (idk if you can lol). You'll be good. If you really want it, get it and just practice your skating on it.

Former skater.

If you get a longboard make sur to grab a pair of skinnys and a 6 of Pabst.

If you get a longboard make sur to grab a pair of skinnys and a 6 of Pabst.

Sector 9, Vanguard, and Dervish are all pretty decent brands from what I've heard. I'm not a long boarder, and I haven't skated for years, so I don't know too much about the brands and what type of set up you should be looking to get. If I were you, I'd ask your friends who long board what they think about it and then go from there. If you don't have any that do, just go to a skate shop and ask. 

Don't listen to these clowns, they obviously have no idea what they're talking about. (edit: referring to first couple posts)

Longboards are a great way to get around and require much less effort than a regular skateboard.  They're especially useful if you're on a college campus or something similar or need any kind of transportation where it's too far to walk but too close to drive.  They're not very difficult to get a hang of, but you might want to try out a friend's skateboard before you actually trade for it.  Also a pretty good way to get some light cardio.

It's really pretty simple.  If you think you'll actually make use of it, get it.  If you just want one for the novelty and think it'll probably end up just sitting in your room, pass.
This. Longboards are %+#$%!+ awesome. I love bombing hills to clear my mind. (Which I wouldn't do until you get a good feel for hills. Because believe it or not bombing hills does require some skill and a lot of balls)
This, too.  Don't get a board and go straight to the biggest hill you know.  You will end up with some nasty scrapes or even worse in the ER.  Don't let that sway you on getting one, though; you get the hang of it pretty quick.

Don't listen to these clowns, they obviously have no idea what they're talking about. (edit: referring to first couple posts)

Longboards are a great way to get around and require much less effort than a regular skateboard.  They're especially useful if you're on a college campus or something similar or need any kind of transportation where it's too far to walk but too close to drive.  They're not very difficult to get a hang of, but you might want to try out a friend's skateboard before you actually trade for it.  Also a pretty good way to get some light cardio.

It's really pretty simple.  If you think you'll actually make use of it, get it.  If you just want one for the novelty and think it'll probably end up just sitting in your room, pass.
This. Longboards are %+#$%!+ awesome. I love bombing hills to clear my mind. (Which I wouldn't do until you get a good feel for hills. Because believe it or not bombing hills does require some skill and a lot of balls)
This, too.  Don't get a board and go straight to the biggest hill you know.  You will end up with some nasty scrapes or even worse in the ER.  Don't let that sway you on getting one, though; you get the hang of it pretty quick.

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Dude, a long board does not require major skill other than balancing yourself and skating on it (ignorant post is ignorant). It's not like you finna be doing tricks (idk if you can lol). You'll be good. If you really want it, get it and just practice your skating on it.

Former skater.
You're right. No skill needed. Source: Riding friends longboards. OP, get a skateboard.

Former skater.

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Dude, a long board does not require major skill other than balancing yourself and skating on it (ignorant post is ignorant). It's not like you finna be doing tricks (idk if you can lol). You'll be good. If you really want it, get it and just practice your skating on it.

Former skater.
You're right. No skill needed. Source: Riding friends longboards. OP, get a skateboard.

Former skater.

Sector 9, Vanguard, and Dervish are all pretty decent brands from what I've heard. I'm not a long boarder, and I haven't skated for years, so I don't know too much about the brands and what type of set up you should be looking to get. If I were you, I'd ask your friends who long board what they think about it and then go from there. If you don't have any that do, just go to a skate shop and ask. 

Originally Posted by JJ1223

Don't listen to these clowns, they obviously have no idea what they're talking about.

Longboards are a great way to get around and require much less effort than a regular skateboard. 

Don't listen to these clowns, they obviously have no idea what they're talking about.

Longboards are a great way to get around and require much less effort than a regular skateboard. 

Originally Posted by proper english

ill give you a longboard to ride on

oooooooooh 
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

yea, it looks super relaxing

Back
Top Bottom