I WANT TO ENCOURAGE A MORE CONSTRUCTIVE DISCUSSION OVER RACE RELATIONS ON NT

Again I don't think anyone is saying anyone with dark skin IS black but that they could/will be treated as black in America because of the visual as wrong as it may be to do that that is what a good amount people in America do because they don't know or don't care to know someones background. Again race is visual.

Last edited:
A dark skin Indian would not be called Black or AA.

BLACK is anyone having African ancestry that isn't considered Mixed/a minority around of African Ancestry ie. The recent group of people that live in what we call Egypt and Libya are not Black.

If White Arabs and White Europeans never enslaved Africans then the term Black wouldn't even be used in the way it has to be today.

View media item 2001870
This kid while dark in skin color is genetically close to being White or Asian than they are to being African.

More evidence on how the Transatlantic Slave trade screwed up the world.

According to 50 pages in this thread anyone with dark skin is black....yeah let me tell my South Indian coworker she's black....

You are dense. He just said the exact opposite. Jesus dude. Read, control your emotions, or both. You're itching to respond to anything and tripping over your words again. Lmfao :rofl:

If Ninja took a DNA test right now he would comeback with African Ancestry at an amount more than 40% though, lol your South Indian Coworker would have less than 10% if any.

Why is this a hard concept to grasp?

I`m 100% "African" yet there are "mixed" Dominicans way darker than me. What makes us common is we both have African Ancestry.

Is not bro, I get it...lol

If Ninja took a DNA test right now he would comeback with African Ancestry at an amount more than 40% though, lol your South Indian Coworker would have less than 10% if any.

Why is this a hard concept to grasp?

I`m 100% "African" yet there are "mixed" Dominicans way darker than me. What makes us common is we both have African Ancestry.

The issue at hand is nobody is asking the right Questions.

We know Ninja isn't African American. We understand he is Latino.

The issue at hand is what does he identify with ETHNICALLY.

The DR along with most other Latin American nations are nations of "Mixed" people.

From a Census stand point MOST nations divide the citizens into further groups.

I.E a person from the DR with 60% Euro Ancestry and a 40% mix of other would not be the same Ethnically as someone from the DR with 60% African Ancestry and 40% other.

Both are Latinos, Both are Nationally Dominicans, but Ethnically they are not the same.

Different Nations have "different rules" to how they name people but its all the same thing at the end of the day.

In America an African American, someone from Ghana, and a Dominican with 60% or More African Ancestry are considered Black.

The title and use of Black doesnt exist in Africa because everyone is "Black" thus Ethnicity is used there. The issue with America is nobody has time to sort through thousands of Ethnicities which is why people are grouped on the Macro level instead of the Micro level.

A person from China and a Person from Vietnam are not the same but both are Asians.

The DR along with most other Latin American nations are nations of "Mixed" people.

I.E a person from the DR with 60% Euro Ancestry and a 40% mix of other would not be the same Ethnically as someone from the DR with 60% African Ancestry and 40% other.

Both are Latinos, Both are Nationally Dominicans, but Ethnically they are not the same.

Different Nations have "different rules" to how they name people but its all the same thing at the end of the day.

In America an African American, someone from Ghana, and a Dominican with 60% or More African Ancestry are considered Black.

The title and use of Black doesnt exist in Africa because everyone is "Black" thus Ethnicity is used there. The issue with America is nobody has time to sort through thousands of Ethnicities which is why people are grouped on the Macro level instead of the Micro level.

A person from China and a Person from Vietnam are not the same but both are Asians.

Best summarized explanation I've seen in this thread.

Its like A Chinese person getting offended because you called them Yui instead of Zhaung, lol how in the hell would a Non Chinese person know that persons Ethnic group? Which is why you categorize them on the Macro scale as Chinese, and if you really dont know you pull back even further and categorize them as Asian.

Same goes with Black people.

On the Micro level a guy may be Yourba, but how the hell would you know? If you know his name you could at least say "Hey are you Nigerian?" and to pull it back even further then you would say "Ok I at least know he is Black".

Since the census, and APA have been cited here. Id just like to add another government authority that distinguishes between black and Hispanic here. I work for the government and write a lot of contracts. MOST of our contracts MUST be awarded to companies in the 8a program By law. Take it for what it's worth.

View media item 2001887

Man...that's what I've been saying all along...lol hopefully coming from you is understood and received better....because in america people are grouped in a Macrolevel, I don't see what's the issue with ninja wanting to identified in a more specific matter as a Latino, not necessarily negating his roots...because I do recall him admitting to having African roots earlier in this thread.

Man...that's what I've been saying all along...lol hopefully coming from you is understood and received better....because in america people are grouped in a Macrolevel, I don't see what's the issue with ninja wanting to identified in a more specific matter as a Latino, not necessarily negating his roots...because I do recall him admitting to having African roots earlier in this thread.

It's not him wanting to identify as Latino, we acknowledge that he is Dominican, it's his history of denouncing any African ancestry in his culture and talking down on it. That's where it all started. How it came to be what it is, don't even know

Saying "Im not Black" comes off as denouncing his African heritage to someone who doesnt understand what Ninja means. In reality Ninja means he is not African American, which is fact. People just have to understand different nations play by different rules in how they group people. America is more diverse than DR so to save people a headache the category of Black is used. Black and AA is used interchangeably out of Laziness being that AAs outnumber everyone else considered "Black" in America. Its like sometimes out of ignorance someone will say "Oh you from Africa? I thought you were black".

It's not him wanting to identify as Latino, we acknowledge that he is Dominican, it's his history of denouncing any African ancestry in his culture and talking down on it. That's where it all started. How it came to be what it is, don't even know

Bro he hasn't denounced his African roots, he even made an analogy earlier on about him denying his African roots is like a cake denying that is made up of eggs.

Saying "Im not Black" comes off as denouncing his African heritage to someone who doesnt understand what Ninja means. In reality Ninja means he is not African American, which is fact. People just have to understand different nations play by different rules in how they group people. America is more diverse than DR so to save people a headache the category of Black is used. Black and AA is used interchangeably out of Laziness being that AAs outnumber everyone else considered "Black" in America. Its like sometimes out of ignorance someone will say "Oh you from Africa? I thought you were black".

Bingo

Take this rep.

No one has understood you in this thread man :rofl: Thankfully, Lucky has reading comprehension and can convey his thoughts in a literate, non-condescending manner.

Lucky understood me and dude barely likes me, perhaps he does have better reading comprehension.

You do understand this is what I've been trying to get at for 60 pages :lol:

No one has understood you in this thread man :rofl: Thankfully, Lucky has reading comprehension and can convey his thoughts in a literate, non-condescending manner.

Guy's a Dodo bird man. He won't even take a moment to think about how silly that actually makes him look.

The Canadian Wall St. Journal says that you can indeed be both Black and Hispanic at the same time.

Cue the wire reaction gif. :lol:
kvpaw.gif

Repped.

Took only 70 pages to get an universal answer.

identify with the hip hop culture. correct me if im wrong but hip hop culture is part of black america.
laugh.gif
 who told you african americans ALONE were da sole proprietor of da creation of hiphop culture?
Hip hop  is a subcultural  movement that formed during the early 1970s by African-American, Caribbean, and Latino youths  residing in the South Bronx  in New York City
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hip_hop​

66f6e4fb570ad6b6fc20678849e017a3.jpg

tumblr_l81b8mTjSE1qz6f9yo1_1280.jpg

Crazy-Legs.jpg

legendary Crazy Legs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crazy_Legs_(dancer)
Richard Colón  (born January 1, 1966) better known by his stage name  Crazy Legs, is an American b-boy  from the Bronx  New York City, USA. He featured in the earliest stories on hip hop  dancing to appear in mainstream press, and as president of the Rock Steady Crewbrought the form to London and Paris in 1983. Today he is also involved in community outreach, dance instruction and dance theater productions. His pioneering status is reflected in his appearances in fiction films and documentaries, old and new. Crazy Legs is the most popular & commercially successful of the few original members remaining of the Rock Steady Crew, and is its current president.
dsc_07591.jpg

Wilfredo “Bio” Feliciano born April 20, 1966 in New York started his artistic career in the early eighties at the height of the New York City subway graffiti  movement. Thirty years later he is considered to be one of the top stylists or letter masters throughout the movement worldwide. Known for his many letter styles, complex and intricate wild styles as well as his explosive use of colors. Bio is known as a true master of New York style painting.

Wilfredo “Bio” Feliciano is also a founding member of the world famous art collective known as Tats Cru “The Mural Kings” originally known as TAT Cru founded by Brim, Mack and Bio in the eighties. Tats Cru continues to be a major force in the advancement of graffiti art both commercially and artistically. Tats Cru’s current active members are Hector “Nicer” Nazario, Sotero “Bg183” Ortiz, Raoul “How” Perre, Davide “Nosm” Perre and Totem2.

Wilfredo “Bio” Feliciano’s work has been featured in many publications, movies, music videos and documentaries throughout his career. He has also painted in numerous countries over the past 30 years, invited by different organizations. Bio has collaborated with many of the top graffiti artists in the world from past to present day. He has also lectured at M.I.T. and various universities in the United States. Bio was also part of the Smithsonian Institution’s 35th annual Folklife Festival  in Washington D.C. where Tats Cru was chosen to represent New York City muralists at the festival.

Wilfredo “Bio” Feliciano continues to work and live in New York City.
large.jpg

legendary tats cru

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TATS_CRU

Bingo

Take this rep.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom