-- I want to influence at least ten NTers to study abroad/travel -- vol. Carpe Diem

I used to work for a study abroad company. I helped set up the student trips, organize their housing, classes etc. I would talk to these kids about how dope it is but never did it myself
frown.gif

needless to say, none of the students I helped had bad experiences whether it be for a semester, summer, year, etc.

and I can confidently say that the white girls that go on these trips are
pimp.gif

my company, located in SoCal, took a lot of SDSU and UCSB sorority chicks.

we need more stories bruh bout us brothers winning overseas

im def gonna look into it hopefully i can pay for it
30t6p3b.gif

If you have the luxury/opportunity to study or work abroad, you should definitely do it to enlighten yourself and possibly be in for a culture shock.

The downfall of this forum is that the majority lives in the U.S. so we don't have a wide range of cultural values.

Doesn't just have to be studying.. any traveling.. REAL traveling (not high-end hotels or resorts) is a hell of an experience.

I want to do Spain. Have a few friends that loved Spain, however, they did they me some accounts regarding racist incidents.

I co-sign with OP.

I'm currently visiting my woman now in Malta who's doing a grad school program here. Her and the 20 classmates from the states in the program are living the life out here man. Just from visiting her now, I'm seriously thinking of going abroad to study or teach English within the next couple of years for the experience. Possibly in Europe or Asia.

Originally Posted by LA Lakers 8

I co-sign with OP.

I'm currently visiting my woman now in Malta who's doing a grad school program here. Her and the 20 classmates from the states in the program are living the life out here man. Just from visiting her now, I'm seriously thinking of going abroad to study or teach English within the next couple of years for the experience. Possibly in Europe or Asia.

Currently, I live abroad in South Korea teaching English.  This is my third year here.  The requirement to come teach abroad are increasingly getting more competitive as many out of work, or under-utilized, certified teachers are looking for opportunities outside the U.S.  

However, the base requirement still is only having a bachelors degree.  There are still plenty of jobs even with just that degree.  Living abroad and working is a unique experience.  However, it is not the same as traveling abroad.  It is still a job with many requirement, stress and problem just like you'd have at home.  It is rare to find that 'gem' job.

Over my travels I've realized that it is rarely about the traveling, and even more rarely about the places, but rather who you are with.  Out of the two and a quarter years here my most fun experiences were when my 4 best friends visited for a week during my vacations.  We traveled the whole country and did everything there was to experience.

If anyone wants to learn more about my experiences I can write more about it.  The biggest perk is that even though I make ~27k a year, I do not have to pay for rent, car payments, car insurance, renter insurance, etc.  Health insurance is extremely good and low-cost, and I receive a generous pension when I leave the country (7.5k for 3 years).  As such, I can save anywhere from $750-$1600 a month depending.  I don't skimp on life at all either.  Going out for meals and entertainment is a lot cheaper here, as is the transportation (taxi's/subways) for getting home after a night out.  I have paid off all my credit cards in the time here and just have student loans now.  Also my insanely beautiful half Korean, quarter Japanese, quarter white gf is a pretty good perk too =) (Non-humble brag)

Back
Top Bottom