I WENT TO BIBLE STUDY

I'm actually in a bible study sort of group at my church. Not really a bible study group but more of a volunteer ministry for the youth of the church, metsome cool people in there and some of the females I've gotten to know are real wife material.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by northparkblind

sooooooo

are you learning anything?
Actually yes.

Christians (except catholics) don't believe in hell as a place you go. Catholicism thrives on fear...they are essentially tryna scare people in heaven. Christians (eg Seventh Day adventist" say there is no such place as "hell". In the bible it say "hell"=death=ceasing to exist.....you burn and you die. Hell isn't eternity. The only eternal life is heaven.\

My reactions was:

"That doesn't sound so bad"
grin.gif

sorry to burst your bubble... but most chirstans believe in hell....

most interesting aspect of my experience, is that they seemed to have as much questions about Christianity as I did....we were supposed to stay on a certain topic but ended up digressing. They were making dirty jokes, cursing and one of them was taking sarcastic shots at Christianity.

The people at this "Bible study" aren't Christians if that garbage was going on.

Christians (except catholics) don't believe in hell as a place you go. Catholicism thrives on fear...they are essentially tryna scare people in heaven. Christians (eg Seventh Day adventist" say there is no such place as "hell". In the bible it say "hell"=death=ceasing to exist.....you burn and you die. Hell isn't eternity. The only eternal life is heaven.

Ummm, Christians DO believe there is a hell and that people who don't receive Christ as their personal savior end up there. John 3:16:"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever shall believe in Him shall not perish but shall have everlastinglife." Do not be misled, there is a hell and it IS for eternity. Those who trust Jesus as their savior will live in heaven for eternity. Those who donot believe, end up in hell for eternity. There is no end.

My dude, this group of folks aren't teaching Biblical truth. Just because they say they're Christians doesn't mean they are. I can go sit in agarage all day but it doesn't make me a car.

If you are seriously curious about God and Christianity, get yourself a Bible and do your own reading. From the looks of it, you are being led astray bypeople who don't know what they're talking about.

Originally Posted by Burns1923

most interesting aspect of my experience, is that they seemed to have as much questions about Christianity as I did....we were supposed to stay on a certain topic but ended up digressing. They were making dirty jokes, cursing and one of them was taking sarcastic shots at Christianity.
The people at this "Bible study" aren't Christians if that garbage was going on.

Christians (except catholics) don't believe in hell as a place you go. Catholicism thrives on fear...they are essentially tryna scare people in heaven. Christians (eg Seventh Day adventist" say there is no such place as "hell". In the bible it say "hell"=death=ceasing to exist.....you burn and you die. Hell isn't eternity. The only eternal life is heaven.

Ummm, Christians DO believe there is a hell and that people who don't receive Christ as their personal savior end up there. John 3:16: "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever shall believe in Him shall not perish but shall have everlasting life." Do not be misled, there is a hell and it IS for eternity. Those who trust Jesus as their savior will live in heaven for eternity. Those who do not believe, end up in hell for eternity. There is no end.

My dude, this group of folks aren't teaching Biblical truth. Just because they say they're Christians doesn't mean they are. I can go sit in a garage all day but it doesn't make me a car.

If you are seriously curious about God and Christianity, get yourself a Bible and do your own reading. From the looks of it, you are being led astray by people who don't know what they're talking about.
LOL he read an exact passage from the bible that said you burn and then you die and vanish off the face of the earth. Today proved one thing, thebible is OPEN TO INTERPRETATION
ohwell.gif
. Maybe I shouldnt have said mostchristians...maybe just 7th day adventists.

I am not curious about christianity...I wouldnt have gone if i wasnt dragged there.

Christians arent allowed to tell jokes?...he was being sarcastic because I am and atheist and i was in the room.

LOL he read an exact passage from the bible that said you burn and then you die and vanish off the face of the earth. Today proved one thing, the bible is OPEN TO INTERPRETATION. Maybe I shouldnt have said most christians...maybe just 7th day adventists.

If these folks are 7th day'ers, you were probably read a passage that they've either twisted or outright fabricated. I can tell you thatthe Bible is clear about hell and who goes there. "All sinners shall have their part in the lake of fire (hell)."

The Bible isn't open to interpretation and that's why religion has caused so much trouble for thousands of years. Groups form and decide that"their way" is the way to God, "their view" is the right view. Jesus said "I Am The Way, The Truth, and The Life. No man comes to theFather (God) except through Me."

Christians arent allowed to tell jokes?...he was being sarcastic because I am and atheist and i was in the room.

Christians are human beings. And because they're human beings, they can make a choices, right or wrong. God gave people a free will. It's up to us to choose to live as He desires us to. But, be clear, he very explicitly lays out His will in the Bible and makes it very clear that everyhuman being will be held accountable for their sins - the thoughts, actions, and behavior He has said is sin.

You mentioned that there was cursing and taking shots at Christianity. Someone who has actually trusted Jesus as their Lord and Savior and is serious abouttheir relationship with Him doesn't go around cussing and mocking Christianity, joke or not.

You said you weren't curious about Christianity. Have you ever lied? Have you ever stolen anything? Have you ever looked with lust at a woman? Have youever used God's name in vain (as a curse word)?

These are some of the 10 Commandments. God says if you've broken even 1 of them, you are guilty of breaking all of them. By that standard, when you standbefore God, do you think you'd be guilty or innocent? God says all sinners will have their part in the lake of fire, which is hell. Hell is eternalpunishment for people who do not come to Jesus to repent of their sins and accept Him as Lord and Savior.

I hope you'll really think this over. I don't want you to spend eternity separated from God.

LOL he read an exact passage from the bible that said you burn and then you die and vanish off the face of the earth. Today proved one thing, the bible is OPEN TO INTERPRETATION. Maybe I shouldnt have said most christians...maybe just 7th day adventists.
If these folks are 7th day'ers, you were probably read a passage that they've either twisted or outright fabricated. I can tell you that the Bible is clear about hell and who goes there. "All sinners shall have their part in the lake of fire (hell)."

The Bible isn't open to interpretation and that's why religion has caused so much trouble for thousands of years. Groups form and decide that "their way" is the way to God, "their view" is the right view. Jesus said "I Am The Way, The Truth, and The Life. No man comes to the Father (God) except through Me."

Christians are human beings. And because they're human beings, they can make a choices, right or wrong. God gave people a free will. It's up to us to choose to live as He desires us to. But, be clear, he very explicitly lays out His will in the Bible and makes it very clear that every human being will be held accountable for their sins - the thoughts, actions, and behavior He has said is sin.

You mentioned that there was cursing and taking shots at Christianity. Someone who has actually trusted Jesus as their Lord and Savior and is serious about their relationship with Him doesn't go around cussing and mocking Christianity, joke or not.

You said you weren't curious about Christianity. Have you ever lied? Have you ever stolen anything? Have you ever looked with lust at a woman? Have you ever used God's name in vein (as a curse word)?

These are some of the 10 Commandments. God says if you've broken even 1 of them, you are guilty of breaking all of them. By that standard, when you stand before God, do you think you'd be guilty or innocent? God says all sinners will have their part in the lake of fire, which is hell. Hell is enternal punishment for people who do not come to Jesus to repent of their sins and accept Him as Lord and Savior.

I hope you'll really think this over. I don't want you to spend eternity separated from God, fam.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Commandments I've broken the last year

One-I probably broke this by default....I have other "Gods", metaphorically
Three-I take the lord's name in vain constantly...this is clearly the easiest commandment to break cause im not even sure what it entails.
Four-My sabbaths are spent hungover, kicking broads i met the night before out of my bed
Seven-Adultery....yea.
Eight-I don't think I've stolen anything....i've taken things from people right in front of them without asking
grin.gif

Rather be in hell with the pimps and +#%$%+...
smokin.gif

5 out of 10, NOT bad

Questions I prompted at the bible study that they had some difficulty answering-

1. Do you go to hell if you're completely oblivious to Jesus...believe it or not some people don't even know who dude is.
grin.gif
I mean Christianity was brought to Africa and other parts of the world.

2. Your parents/where you're born has a great influence on what religion you choose.....is it fair that these people are judged by a god they haven'tbeen taught to acknowledge.

3. Why did God choose the Isrealites as his people......they even brought the question of God's clear bias up. God is biased.

sooooooo

Actually yes.

Christians (except catholics) don't believe in hell as a place you go. Catholicism thrives on fear...they are essentially tryna scare people in heaven. Christians (eg Seventh Day adventist" say there is no such place as "hell". In the bible it say "hell"=death=ceasing to exist.....you burn and you die. Hell isn't eternity. The only eternal life is heaven.\

My reactions was:

grin.gif

Sorry OP, but as a Seventh Day Adventist, I have to inform you that we DO believe in hell, but you are correct in your assumtion that those that are punishedwill not be done so eternally.

Originally Posted by 11wordisbond

sooooooo

Actually yes.

My reactions was:

grin.gif

Sorry OP, but as a Seventh Day Adventist, I have to inform you that we DO believe in hell, but you are correct in your assumtion that those that are punished will not be done so eternally.

yea....they burn to death.
ohwell.gif
Again, that's a far cry from thetraditional portrayal of hell.

Church tomorrow morning, I'm excited. I hope I don't spontaneously combust the second i walk in there.

lmao. ahahaha it isnt gonna be as much fun as bible study. trust.

I'm Catholic. I loved going to confirmation classes. We talked about touchy subjects like abortion, birth control, gay marriage and was taken aback by theanswers given. My teachers were also very candid about their own tribulations and struggles with Catholicism. Confirmation classes actually made me feel betteror more comfortable about being Catholic.

Also I believe the Bible is very much open to interpretation. It's one of the things we talked about often. What was then is not necessarily now andinterpretations do change as the world changes.

Matthew 10:22 "You will be hated by all because of My name, but it is the one who has endured to the end who will be saved.

Originally Posted by J SUPER

Matthew 10:22 "You will be hated by all because of My name, but it is the one who has endured to the end who will be saved.
grin.gif

Nobody hates you...instead of randomly quoting verses, care to answer my questions?

sooooooo

Actually yes.

My reactions was:

grin.gif

Sorry OP, but as a Seventh Day Adventist, I have to inform you that we DO believe in hell, but you are correct in your assumtion that those that are punished will not be done so eternally.

That is simply not the Biblical truth.

Pastor Billy Graham:
"The Bible says hell will be a place of absolute and total loneliness. In hell, a person will be cut off from others and from Godforever. Hell, Jesus taught, will be a place of "outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth" (Matthew25:30, KJV)."

Questions I prompted at the bible study that they had some difficulty answering-

1. Do you go to hell if you're completely oblivious to Jesus...believe it or not some people don't even know who dude is. I mean Christianity was brought to Africa and other parts of the world.
"He (God) has set eternity in the hearts of men." (Ecclesiastes 3:11)

Every person is born with an innate understanding of who God is. God created us with a longing to live forever. Of course, every person WILL live forever,but the question we have to ask ourselves is where we want to be - heaven or hell. As Jesus said, faith in Him alone is the only way to heaven.

2. Your parents/where you're born has a great influence on what religion you choose.....is it fair that these people are judged by a god they haven't been taught to acknowledge.
Yes, your parents, and indeed others around you, can and do influence you from birth. This is why God gives parents such a great responsibilityto teach their children about Him. God gave us the Bible so that we can learn about Him and His will for our lives. It is important to note that religion isnot the same thing as God. Religion is man's own invention: man deciding for himself how to "get" to heaven and to "do" enough to"earn" our way to heaven. God never set it up like that. That's why He sent Jesus to die on the cross; to take on our sins so that we can cometo God through faith in Jesus. It's by God's grace - Jesus dying on the cross - that we can come to God by faith, not by religion.

3. Why did God choose the Isrealites as his people......they even brought the question of God's clear bias up. God is biased.
God chose Israel as part of His divine plan. Only God Himself fully knows why He chose Israel as His sacred land. However, God is not biasedtowards one people or another. The Bible says, "God is no respecter of persons." (Acts 10:34)

Anton, I do hope you'll seriously consider the truth of God's Word. The Bible has the answers you need.

sooooooo

Actually yes.

My reactions was:

grin.gif

That is simply not the Biblical truth.

Pastor Billy Graham:
"The Bible says hell will be a place of absolute and total loneliness. In hell, a person will be cut off from others and from God forever. Hell, Jesus taught, will be a place of "outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth" (Matthew 25:30, KJV)."

1. Do you go to hell if you're completely oblivious to Jesus...believe it or not some people don't even know who dude is. I mean Christianity was brought to Africa and other parts of the world.
"He (God) has set eternity in the hearts of men." (Ecclesiastes 3:11)

Every person is born with an innate understanding of who God is. God created us with a longing to live forever. Of course, every person WILL live forever, but the question we have to ask ourselves is where we want to be - heaven or hell. As Jesus said, faith in Him alone is the only way to heaven.

SO WHY DOES THE CHRISTIAN CHURCH NEED MISSIONS TO INTRODUCENATIVE PEOPLES TO JESUS?......ARE YOU FLIPPING KIDDING ME. SOME PEOPLE HAVE NO IDEA WHO JESUS IS. THEY ARE OBLIVIOUS TO HIM.

About the whole hell thing.....the dude gave me a verse in the bible that "proves" hell isn't a "place". So who is right?
nerd.gif

God gave us the Bible so that we can learn about Him and His will for our lives.

It is important to note that religion is not the same thing as God. Religion is man's own invention: man deciding for himself how to "get" to heaven and to "do" enough to "earn" our way to heaven.
Are you stupid or dumb? Which one? God gave us the bible? No man wrote the bible there's historical evidence for that. Whether god whisperedin their ear what to write is up to your crazy logic and beliefs. But religion is man made and so is the bible.

You guys are funny. I bet if we lived under Gods' most basic laws this world be a much better place. Doubt if you want but living would be easier.

SO WHY DOES THE CHRISTIAN CHURCH NEED MISSIONS TO INTRODUCE NATIVE PEOPLES TO JESUS?

It's not about a church. It's about what God says:

"And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all thenations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo,I am with you always, even to the end of the age." (Matthew 28:18-20)

God commands believers to take the gospel to all the world. While every person has a spirit and longs to know God, all people do not understand the aspects ofwho Jesus is and why His death on the cross is payment for their sin. Longing for God and knowing about God are not the same. And whileteaching people about what it means to believe in Jesus is extremely important, it's also God's will for believers not only to just believe in Him butalso to follow Him.

About the whole hell thing.....the dude gave me a verse in the bible that "proves" hell isn't a "place". So who is right?

The Bible tells us that in eternity all the injustices and evils of this world will be judged. Someday every nation and individual will standbefore God, and to those who have ignored or disobeyed Him, He will say, "Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fireprepared for the devil and his angels" (Matthew 25:41).

Jesus warned, "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body inhell." (Matthew 10:28).

The events described in these passages are carried out in hell. And looking at it from a common sense viewpoint, if heaven is a place, hell is a place. Godmakes it clear that hell is an eternal destination for unbelievers. Eternal means it exists forever. Hence, a place.

Back
Top Bottom