If all players on current NBA teams were in their primes, who would be best?

Got this idea from an ESPN article a while back. Hypothetically speaking of course, if all players on current NBA teams were healthy and in their primes who do you think would win the championship this year? Below are notable teams with their most notable players. Remember, all would be in their primes.

Heat: Wade, Lebron, Bosh, Rayray
Knicks: Melo, Chandler, STAT, JRSmith
Lakers: Kobe, Nash, Pau
Nets: DWill, Pierce, KG, Joe Johnson, Brook Lopez
Mavs: Dirk, Vinsanity, Monta
Pacers: PG, Lance, Roy Hibbert, DWest
Bulls: DRose, Boozer, Noah
OKC: Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka
Rockets: D12, Harden, Lin
Spurs: Tony Parker, Timmy, Ginobili
Clips: CP3, Griffin, Deandre Jordan, Danny Granger
Other?

How would they rank?

Give me the Nets.

That is easily the best starting five in my opinion.  You have the best available point guard.  The second best power forward.  2 great wing players in JJ and Pierce.  And pretty damn good center.  I think this team wins.  Do we get to count Jason Kidd too? 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
hard to say.

that would make dope games / playoff though :smokin

1. Spurs
2. Heat
3. Nets
4. Knicks
5. Lakers

those 4 would kill the rest.

STAT in his prime was unreal.

Same with KG and PP.

Heat are just a no brainer.

BUT.. I agree with Blastercombo. Spurs are just legendary.

Nash and Kobe tho :nerd:

Last edited:
forgot to add Ron Artest to the list on the Knicks! He was a beast back in the day. also fatty Raymond Felton was a decent to even semi-good pg before he was, well, fat. I think that brings the knicks up a little

Got this idea from an ESPN article a while back. Hypothetically speaking of course, if all players on current NBA teams were healthy and in their primes who do you think would win the championship this year? Below are notable teams with their most notable players. Remember, all would be in their primes.

Heat: Wade, Lebron, Bosh, Rayray
Knicks: Melo, Chandler, STAT, JRSmith
Lakers: Kobe, Nash, Pau
Nets: DWill, Pierce, KG, Joe Johnson, Brook Lopez
Mavs: Dirk, Vinsanity, Monta
Pacers: PG, Lance, Roy Hibbert, DWest

Bulls: DRose, Boozer, Noah
OKC: Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka
Rockets: D12, Harden, Lin
Spurs: Tony Parker, Timmy, Ginobili
Clips: CP3, Griffin, Deandre Jordan, Danny Granger
In my opinion, it really just boils down to these four teams.  I know I am going to upset the Heat fans, but I honestly think I would rank them 4th our of the 4 I think are the best.  The Spurs would be awfully tough to beat, but I think I would be comfortable ranking the 4 as:

1. Nets

2. Spurs

3. Lakers
4. Heat

I'd say the Nets would take it. DWill, JJ, Pierce, KG and Brook? :wow:

KG was an absolute MONSTER in his prime with the T-Wolves. Dude was good for like 28 and 15, a few blocks, a few steals, good FT and FG % and also was very durable when he was in Minny and very rarely missed a game.

Nets/Lakers Finals in my opinion. I think Brooklyn would take it all though

I'd say the Nets would take it. DWill, JJ, Pierce, KG and Brook? :wow:

KG was an absolute MONSTER in his prime with the T-Wolves. Dude was good for like 28 and 15, a few blocks, a few steals, good FT and FG % and also was very durable when he was in Minny and very rarely missed a game.

Nets/Lakers Finals in my opinion. I think Brooklyn would take it all though

ak47 with the swiss army knife :x

Sad when you think about the Nets and realize D-Will's prime was already like 3-4 years ago.

Last edited:
Your whole post more than anybody else but really say nothing of worth shtick works way better during football season.
What he said makes some sense.  Tyson and J.R.'s "primes" were like last season.  The Knicks "in their prime" team doesn't compete with any of these others.  The only benefit they'd get would be having a full strength STAT back.

JR is JR but Tyson has been horrible this year while two years he was the DPOY, he has had a huge dropoff in level of play in a really small level of time.

Spurs, Nets, and Lakers no doubt, followed by the Heat. The rest of those teams mostly have guys who haven't even gotten to their prime yet, don't have a high ceiling to even reach a prime, or are the Knicks.

I'll take my favorite player Duncan in his prime along with anyone else in their prime

Spurs
Heat
Nets
Lakers
Mavericks

A Mavs team with Dirk, Vince and Monta along with Dalembert and Marion locking guys up would do damage

do the heat still have rashard lewis? if so them.  i would also consider okc.  we don't even know what their big 3's prime is yet and i wouldn't underestimate what a prime fisher and perkins bring to a team.  plus guys like lamb and jackson have some nice potential.

nets r nice but i have a hard time seeing prime joe johnson and paul pierce coexist.  can't have two slow motion dudes on the floor at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom