"If I Was Black I'd Move To Atlanta and Live Like A King", Says Another New Yorker At Dive Bar

What specific about Venice Beach and WeHo intrigued you? Just curious

I really liked the area when I'm out there. It's like Williamsburg, Brooklyn ...only on the beach, with palm trees, cool locals, and nice views.

Locals are much friendlier than New Yorkers. I mean some millionaire dude I didn't even know was just like, "hey, wanna beer"?

He had a beachfront property. Me and an associate were down there scoping out business space and apartments while on business.

The millionaire guy was chill and helpful we chill at the guy's crib for like an hour.

The women are much friendlier too, it's not like New York where there's this weird and unnecessary sexual tension.

The hospitality seems exclusive to that area. 

West Hollywood and Koreatown was more of a price and location kind of thing. It's affordable, and close to everything. The landscape is amazing.

Then there's In and Out burger on Sunset, it's always poppin' in the AM ...Sunset strip in general just seems gritty and raw. Real, for lack of a better term.

Baldwin Hills is like Atlanta to me

Beverly Hills is nice too, I just don't have time for the "extra'ness"...people trying to live up to the persona of being elite.

Especially when the country is in shambles financially.

Inglewood and Compton are nice too, contrary to how it's portrayed on TV. However, there was a little static for me on time.

And the amount of dudes I seen getting ruffed up on squad cars at night was unreal.

I was like, nah. I'm good on that.

Venice is chill. All the beach cities are chill but Venice probably has the most hipster vibe so I get the Williamsburg comp.

Gang violence has gone down a lot since the 80s and 90s so many stereotypical "bad" areas out here aren't that bad. Just regular working class spots w/ some bad pockets scattered.

Yeah I rarely f w/ Beverly Hills unless it's for a good restaurant. Very touristy.

In LA if I was in my 20s, single, with a high paying job, Santa Monica would be top choice.

In my 30s with a family it would be Playa Vista or Redondo/Manhattan Beach.

Moving to ATL w fiancé. Where should we live?

Gonna check out Midtown, O4W, Little 5 Points, East Atlanta areas.

Anywhere else we should look?

Don't go too far east.

Here other districts in the city:

Kirkwood, Reynoldstown, Cabbagetown, downtown Decatur, Atlantic Station, Ashbly Park, Imman Park, Grant Park, Edgewood, Castleberry Hills, Atkins Park, Mechanicville

Depends on your budget and what you trying to do...lesser commute? Owning a home? Closer to work? Etc

Last edited:
Move to Gwinnett County and just buy a peach pass so you can just avoid the 85 nonsense.

It's all "Atlanta" anyways. Everything in a 50 mile radius is "Atlanta"

Last edited:
Move to Gwinnett County and just buy a peach pass so you can just avoid the 85 nonsense.

That thing is a joke, you still get stuck in the same traffic :lol:

Gwinnett too far out and for the birds b

Cut a two hour commute into a one hour commute when I had it. Shout out to van pools.

Gwinnett has nice houses for cheap and the school system is quality from what I've seen.

Come to the south side. Jonesboro/Riverdale, Fayette, Fairburn area. Housing is a good price, schools are decent (if you have little ones) any where from 10-15 minutes from the Airport and additional 10 minutes added to be in the city

Last edited:
Nothing is good about riverdale; schools or homes.
laugh.gif
These ppl dont know GA. If you feel like living near cows and having a bad public school system. Its ATL or nothing bruh

Nothing is good about riverdale; schools or homes. :lol:

Housing in Riverdale is on the rise. The location is the selling point. The schooling is...eh. I remember being HS and the Clayton county schools losing accreditation :x they got it back before I graduated though

These ppl dont know GA. If you feel like living near cows and having a bad public school system. Its ATL or nothing bruh

Living in ATL right now is like some type of black renaissance. Wouldn't trade it for any other location :nthat:

Lmaoo no bull. Atlanta seems to have no boundaries.

Housing in Riverdale is on the rise. The location is the selling point. The schooling is...eh. I remember being HS and the Clayton county schools losing accreditation :x they got it back before I graduated though

Living in ATL right now is like some type of black renaissance. Wouldn't trade it for any other location :nthat:

Bruh you ain't even living in Riverdale and recommending that terrible place called a county (Clayton). Smh :lol:

Last edited:
Only thing good on the Eastaide is past Panola road or Kirkwood and Dowtown Decatur area :lol: I hate the Eastside. Reminds me of DC/Maryalnd.

Y'all got people all out in the boonies with the 30-45 mins commute in traffic; Gwinnett, Kennesaw, or Lithonia

Only thing good on the Eastaide is past Panola road or Kirkwood and Dowtown Decatur area
laugh.gif
I hate the Eastside. Reminds me of DC/Maryalnd.

Y'all got people all out in the boonies with the 30-45 mins commute in traffic; Gwinnett, Kennesaw, or Lithonia
I love the homes in Gwinnett. A fire deal could be had if y'all ready to chill and build a family.
LOL man please

Thx for the tips y'all. We found a dope *** crib in O4W but that MF'er got got right under our nose (and the price was steep).

I love that O4W area though. Favorite location of all the areas we looked.

Back
Top Bottom