if Nas has a damn Ego this rap world would look VASTLY different then it does now...

for starters....hmm, he would be UNdisputed king of NY...

let's discuss da rest..
nerd.gif

cuz this dude's humility pisses me off sometimes....
smh.gif

waiting too long between albums?

idk his career has turned out great and i enjoy it all

Nas is arguably my favorite artist and imo the undisputed GOAT but I do agree with ninjahood. looking back if he makes a couple different decisions on an occasion or two things could definitely be different for the better. but like my dude says, hindsight is 20/20.

actually, my only issue is with his decision making at times, whether certain decisions i don't agree wit are attributed to his ego i dont know.

If Nas didn't appear to be so comfortable with settling & committed to catering only at times he finds convenient then his career could've been much greater.

its a FEW things...

A. knowing certain beats are FIRE yet passin on em cuz "if i rap on em its too easy for me to win"
smh.gif

B. passes up features, son just withdrawals from da rap world.....

C. takes 2 years to come out with albums...2 years in music is a eternity...

D. not keeping his foot on Jay-z's neck when Ether was rockin da airwaves.... he could've easily made jigga another Ja rule da way Roc was feelin that backlash..

E. can we get a damn primo/AZ album sir?

check what steve stoute says about Nas...

Steve Stoute Talks The Music Biz, Nas & Hip Hop Beef! from the.LIFE Files on Vimeo.

i was thinkin bout that AZ/Nas album the whole time i was listenin to Distant Relatives
smh.gif

I hear what you're saying but Nas wouldn't be Nas if he wasn't making some bad decisions, taking L's etc...

Nas a Virgo.

He don't care about the extra s_. Just wants to get his art out and chill.

We don't care about jumping in front of the camera, long as the work gets done.

I don't agree that Nas turns down any deals that would make him more famous, so why did he feature on a single with Jennifer Lopez? Or why did Nas do a reality show with Kelis etc?

How many times are we going to play the "IF" game when it comes to Nas??  He is where he is in life and in the rap game because that's who he is, deal with it.

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Nas a Virgo.

Seems like he has always been an old soul. Because of that, I think he can continue to make great material for years to come. His latest only further cements his GOAT spot.

So I'm not mad at him...he's an artist, not a dude always looking for a spotlight.

I think its a good thing. If you look at Jay-z its like he breaks his neck tryna appeal to everyone and to be "Number 1 on Everybodys List" instead of being true to himself and that hurt what his potential could have been as an ARTIST not a superstar. NaS on the other hand stopped caring about this and that and is making the music he wants remaining a true artist.

think its a good thing. If you look at Jay-z its like he breaks his neck tryna appeal to everyone and to be "Number 1 on Everybodys List" instead of being true to himself and that hurt what his potential could have been as an ARTIST not a superstar. NaS on the other hand stopped caring about this and that and is making the music he wants remaining a true artist.

QFT...

At the end of the day its about what the artist wants, not what his/her fans want from them. It's true that while building a fan base, and going mainstream, you are trying to stack the dough. But, once you reach a certain plateau, you are back to your true roots; you are left with the God given talent you have. Once the fame is no longer a must-have you go back to artistically expressing yourself through your talent.  Look at Jay-Z, in my opinion he was done. He had reached his plateau, and he just wanted to sit back, and be the businessman/hustler he is. Along comes Wayne, and others who have the potential to topple what Jay had accomplished musically, and all of a sudden he now has something new to prove. Not to prove how much money he can make, or how many records he can sell, but the overall fact that NO ONE will ever come close to touching what's he's done. That's his personal conviction, and its a well respected one.

so you sayin if he was a bit more aggressive...

went a lil more mainstream he would get the recognition he deserve?

not tryin to hull you... i just wanna know what you mean, bro...

The only thing that I would change is the waiting time between albums.

Other than that, I know he stays away from the spotlight (hence the no features, laid back attitude, etc). In a way, I respect that because he's not looking to stay popular or sellout. He's doing his own style & doesn't go that extra step sometimes because he knows his fans will still be there. As mentioned, he doesn't want the fame, he just wants to make his own art at his own pace with his own style. Its who he is.

I came in here to say something that has already been said...Nas does what he wants to do.

As far as that other stuff, most artists can say that they wish they woulda used a certain beat they passed on or recorded a song with such and such when they had the chance.

Originally Posted by Rhymestein

Nas a Virgo.

eek.gif

it wasnt the reefer after all

Originally Posted by throwedyonasb

Originally Posted by Rhymestein

Nas a Virgo.

eek.gif

it wasnt the reefer after all
s
seems like us Virgos seem to understand each other
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom