If nike sb decided to start retroing ...

Do yout thunk the value of tiffanys,supremes, etc will go down in value or stay the same. (dbating or not if i  want to spend all that money on some shoes)
nerd.gif

Do yout thunk the value of tiffanys,supremes, etc will go down in value or stay the same. (dbating or not if i  want to spend all that money on some shoes)
nerd.gif

Two general responses to this:

They will go down due to oversaturation of the same shoe in a market. People wont be willing to drop that amount on shoes if they know they can get essentially the same shoe for less.

The con is that these shoes will probably be made with material of lesser quality and with some subtle (to the masses) or jarring (to sneaker connoisseurs) changes made to the original design.

If you like them that much get them, because most people who have an affinity to a certain shoe will be willing to go all out for that sneaker, especially those that look at sneaker culture as an artistic movement in some ways.

If you're getting them because you think they're in (i.e. the hypebeast mentality) don't waste your money because you'll regret it later. For various reasons.

BTW - prepare to catch a lot of heat for this post. Its been brought up one too many times.

Two general responses to this:

They will go down due to oversaturation of the same shoe in a market. People wont be willing to drop that amount on shoes if they know they can get essentially the same shoe for less.

The con is that these shoes will probably be made with material of lesser quality and with some subtle (to the masses) or jarring (to sneaker connoisseurs) changes made to the original design.

If you like them that much get them, because most people who have an affinity to a certain shoe will be willing to go all out for that sneaker, especially those that look at sneaker culture as an artistic movement in some ways.

If you're getting them because you think they're in (i.e. the hypebeast mentality) don't waste your money because you'll regret it later. For various reasons.

BTW - prepare to catch a lot of heat for this post. Its been brought up one too many times.

ahahha I agree UNIQUE, and Bari....you said, he will catch a lot of heat for this one, MAINLY FROM ME.

Hey Bari, if you want the old stuff then seriously get a job and BUY THEM. RETRO SBs would be the worst thing that NSB could do, and that would totally drive the true SB heads away.

A friend of mine said this, on NT
nah screw retros, that will just ruin stuff. the fact that older sb's are harder to find, plus the fact that they have simple colorways and great materials, makes it even better when you do get a pair. plus if they retroed them they would probably use garbage materials

SAME DUDE
for me it ruins the whole appeal of the shoe. its fun hunting down the older releases and makes it that much better when you do find a pair. id love to own supremes, sharks, or forbes, but part of the reason why i like them is because they arent common and are not easy to get. re-releasing them would change all that

seriously just get money and go buy them, dont rehash stuff that we dont want or even need. NSB has to be creative not rerelease stuff.

WOW DUDE, THE VALUE MAY GO DOWN, JUST LOOK AT BLACKPACKS, THEY KEPT PUSHING THOSE AND THEY ARE STILL AT RETAIL....WHY DO YOU WANT TO MESS UP OUR CULTURE?

...MODS LOCK THIS ONE....

ahahha I agree UNIQUE, and Bari....you said, he will catch a lot of heat for this one, MAINLY FROM ME.

Hey Bari, if you want the old stuff then seriously get a job and BUY THEM. RETRO SBs would be the worst thing that NSB could do, and that would totally drive the true SB heads away.

nah screw retros, that will just ruin stuff. the fact that older sb's are harder to find, plus the fact that they have simple colorways and great materials, makes it even better when you do get a pair. plus if they retroed them they would probably use garbage materials

SAME DUDE
for me it ruins the whole appeal of the shoe. its fun hunting down the older releases and makes it that much better when you do find a pair. id love to own supremes, sharks, or forbes, but part of the reason why i like them is because they arent common and are not easy to get. re-releasing them would change all that

seriously just get money and go buy them, dont rehash stuff that we dont want or even need. NSB has to be creative not rerelease stuff.

WOW DUDE, THE VALUE MAY GO DOWN, JUST LOOK AT BLACKPACKS, THEY KEPT PUSHING THOSE AND THEY ARE STILL AT RETAIL....WHY DO YOU WANT TO MESS UP OUR CULTURE?

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

SAME DUDE

laugh.gif
at "true SB heads" its $+%+*#% sneaker, its not that serious

SAME DUDE

laugh.gif
at "true SB heads" its $+%+*#% sneaker, its not that serious

I dont want the SB dunk culture to be messed up by some bs retros....I dont want SB to turn out like JB, dependent of retros and not really trying to come out with new stuff. SB is better than that, they dont need retros for success and retros would kill the legacy of those first 4 years' great shoes, (06 not so much)

I dont want the SB dunk culture to be messed up by some bs retros....I dont want SB to turn out like JB, dependent of retros and not really trying to come out with new stuff. SB is better than that, they dont need retros for success and retros would kill the legacy of those first 4 years' great shoes, (06 not so much)

SB isnt better than that, majority of the "great" SBs have been some kind of gimmick, JB drops new jordans all the time, just cause they dont appeal to you is a different story.

SB isnt better than that, majority of the "great" SBs have been some kind of gimmick, JB drops new jordans all the time, just cause they dont appeal to you is a different story.

thats not what I mean, JB hasnt made a good new jordan since the 14s imo and that used to be the general consensus here on NT, XX3s are solid, but we'll see.

SB made its name from making shoes that were never before seen, and in cws that people really liked. Then in 06 only half of the shoes were liked and it just got worse and worse from there, also quality and shape/ comfort changes didnt help anything. SB (dunks) to come back just need better quality, the 05 shape/ heel padding, and most importantly cws that we (heads) fiend for. I like sunsets and red mids, but few others do, thats the sad part good cws come out imo and nobody else likes them.. BUT as you can see by SJs, SB is still capable of making cws that we like. They just need a better effort on the part of the designers.....MOST OF THE SOUGHT AFTER SBs were NOT gimicks btw.

The gimmicks really started when SB changed in 06.

thats not what I mean, JB hasnt made a good new jordan since the 14s imo and that used to be the general consensus here on NT, XX3s are solid, but we'll see.

SB made its name from making shoes that were never before seen, and in cws that people really liked. Then in 06 only half of the shoes were liked and it just got worse and worse from there, also quality and shape/ comfort changes didnt help anything. SB (dunks) to come back just need better quality, the 05 shape/ heel padding, and most importantly cws that we (heads) fiend for. I like sunsets and red mids, but few others do, thats the sad part good cws come out imo and nobody else likes them.. BUT as you can see by SJs, SB is still capable of making cws that we like. They just need a better effort on the part of the designers.....MOST OF THE SOUGHT AFTER SBs were NOT gimicks btw.

the 16s, 17s, 18s, 20s and 21s were good jordans
alien.gif

supremes, tiffs, heinys, chocolates, unkles, etc..... all gimicks, #%#* aint never been original

the 16s, 17s, 18s, 20s and 21s were good jordans
alien.gif

supremes, tiffs, heinys, chocolates, unkles, etc..... all gimicks, #%#* aint never been original

When did you ever see green suede with a red star on any shoe?

Chocolates are not a gimmick, they are a dedication to Keenan (RIP), Never say chocolates are a gimmick, please, that subject is very fragile to skaters, myself included.

Unkles weren't a gimmick either, when did you see Futura's Unkle on a shoe before with pink and black? Supremes, yes they have Jordan 3 cement, but still not a gimmick. Honestly I would call SJs a gimmick to be honest.

Tiffs, probably, since they resembled a tiffany box(no real skate connection other than the fact that Nick and Diamond) , that was one of the first gimmick shoes from SB. You can add Larry Perkins as well to the gimmick list.

When did you ever see green suede with a red star on any shoe?

Chocolates are not a gimmick, they are a dedication to Keenan (RIP), Never say chocolates are a gimmick, please, that subject is very fragile to skaters, myself included.

Unkles weren't a gimmick either, when did you see Futura's Unkle on a shoe before with pink and black? Supremes, yes they have Jordan 3 cement, but still not a gimmick. Honestly I would call SJs a gimmick to be honest.

Tiffs, probably, since they resembled a tiffany box(no real skate connection other than the fact that Nick and Diamond) , that was one of the first gimmick shoes from SB. You can add Larry Perkins as well to the gimmick list.

If they did retro sb's they'd just flood the market with junk quality retros and people would be content with copping so they can THINK they have heat....Word to people who buy new Jordans still (prime example, the bordeauxs)

Do it, they're sneakers. Screw the hunt, the chase and any other terms sneakerheads use to dignify overindulging on a pair of cheaply made shoes.

I'd love it. I don't know about others who covet shoes like they're a Matisse or Picasso, but myself, someone who understands how i'm overspending on shoes, I wouldn't mind picking up extras of what would essentially be AAA quality re-releases of their original counterpart.

Do it, they're sneakers. Screw the hunt, the chase and any other terms sneakerheads use to dignify overindulging on a pair of cheaply made shoes.

I'd love it. I don't know about others who covet shoes like they're a Matisse or Picasso, but myself, someone who understands how i'm overspending on shoes, I wouldn't mind picking up extras of what would essentially be AAA quality re-releases of their original counterpart.

Back
Top Bottom