If you become filthy rich, how would you raise your children?

I would give them almost everything they want but I would teach them how to be humble and responsible...they would have to earn thier way with chores and jobsas they got older

The same way I would if I wasn't filthy. They would get rewarded when necessary or out of generosity at times, but I would never spoil them. I figure, Iwasn't close to bein' spoiled as a youngster, but I knew what I had to do in order to advance [or get what I wanted].

Originally Posted by AG 47

Originally Posted by jumpman247

Nothing like mtv's sweet 16, I'd hope they'd be like Barack Daughters.

Straight spoiled.
I'd also make them watch me sleep on a pile of money within a $100 dollar bill fort with a moat of half dollars

Originally Posted by SpringfieldXD

we ain't rich, i'm rich...

as far as they're concerned, i ain't got no money.
very good way of thinking...hard work and determination is what they will know...they will alreayd have food and a wonderful place to live..andmany other luxuries many dont have so they MUST know how it feels to not have

Originally Posted by jumpman247

Nothing like mtv's sweet 16, I'd hope they'd be like Barack Daughters.
So true. They would have to show me that they can be upright citizens and that they can take care of themselves.

Putting all my money in an account and moving up to the east side like george and weezy.

When they get mature, they can have the riches.

Moderation.. They'd live in a fancy house but I'd buy them just a decent car.. I have some very rich friends who you wouldn't know were so rich..Big +#* houses but driving entry level Japanese cars.. And I think forcing your kids to get a job is a good thing.. And do it early..

Id pay for private school(if the local public school wasnt good), a down payment on a first car, and college tuition. there on their own when it comes toeverything else.

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Emphasize hard work, but let them enjoy the family's wealth.

This is exactly what I'd do.
laugh.gif
@ all you guys saying youwouldn't give them anything. They're your children, let them enjoy your wealth with you. In present day terms I wouldn't go out and get them anV10'd M5, but would they be rolling in something nice, definitely. Would they be in public schools, no. Would they be on their Paris Hilton, hell no. Someof you guys need to get real, swearin' you'd raise your kids as if you were living paycheck-to-paycheck.
laugh.gif

same way i was raised...i wouldnt change a thing...life experience is just as important as education so i wouldnt wanna insulate their world that much...

middle class suburb at the highest...that way when they go off to college, and i move to a mansion in the tropics, they will actually enjoy coming home onbreaks from school. Also because I'm gonna ensure they are around less snobbery and cocaine. No mention will be made of my richness

Originally Posted by JustScoreda100

They would receive all of the finer things in life, but only if they worked for them. There would be no handouts in my household.
this is how it should always be.

i dont quite understand. you suffered and did hard work and got RICH, so why make youre children go through the same? you got rich why? you have the money butwhat positive things are you doing with it? its a tough question to answer but it just doesnt make much sense to me now to. when you want the money , you neverwant your kids to go through the same, but once you have it, you get greedy and selfish.. so which is it?

Isn't it all relative? For those of you with young children, do you not spoil them? How would things be any different if you were filthy rich? Wouldn'tyou want the BEST for your kids? I mean there are a lot of good ideas and sayings in this thread, but I don't think that many of you would follow throughon what you are saying.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

i dont quite understand. you suffered and did hard work and got RICH, so why make youre children go through the same? you got rich why? you have the money but what positive things are you doing with it? its a tough question to answer but it just doesnt make much sense to me now to. when you want the money , you never want your kids to go through the same, but once you have it, you get greedy and selfish.. so which is it?

you wanna make sure they have things that you didn't have as a child, of course, but you don't want them to be spoiled and think that everything willbe handed to them. they have to learn the value of money, and how to be responsible and earn their own. you have to teach kids early in life that you have towork hard to get what you want...whether it be a pair of sneakers or good grades in school.

Originally Posted by derryj3

Don't give them an allowance. I never had one
truth
i never had one either, I had to work in the family biz to get money

but me & boys were talking about getting filthy rich & raising kids just yesterday, i vowed i would front like a ma &%$#!@, get a middle classhome, drive around in a c-class or some junk, and not tell my kids i'm loaded till they're the humblest ma ^&*#$# ever (or till they're 18)
grin.gif

Originally Posted by FL0ETiCNOSTALGiA

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

i dont quite understand. you suffered and did hard work and got RICH, so why make youre children go through the same? you got rich why? you have the money but what positive things are you doing with it? its a tough question to answer but it just doesnt make much sense to me now to. when you want the money , you never want your kids to go through the same, but once you have it, you get greedy and selfish.. so which is it?

you wanna make sure they have things that you didn't have as a child, of course, but you don't want them to be spoiled and think that everything will be handed to them. they have to learn the value of money, and how to be responsible and earn their own. you have to teach kids early in life that you have to work hard to get what you want...whether it be a pair of sneakers or good grades in school.
thats understandable to a degree. i just know that during those acts of working hard, you tell yourself, i never want my family to suffer like Idid.. but yet, in some sense you do. why obtain wealth if the originial plan was to help your family

Back
Top Bottom