If you got food poisoning from a restaurant that you go to frequently, would you go back?

Long story short.....there is a restaurant that I order takeout from regularly (once a week even).  My roommate got food poisoning last night.  Its the first time this has ever happened to either of us from this place.  My roommate made the claim "I will never order food from this place again."  Before last night, it was one of our favorite places to eat.

So what do you think NT?  Could you go back to a restaurant that had you feeling violently ill, even if it was your favorite restaurant prior to the incident?

Interested to hear your responses....

I'd have a hard time going back no matter how loyal I was. Food poisoning is no joke. Food not taken care of properly can happen anywhere, but having one flub is enough for me to stop eating somewhere.

Real food poisoning... Highly doubt I'd keep going.

Upset stomach + bubble guts... Probably still go

Are you sure he got that food poisonning from that place? I eat a lot, so I could not be sure :lol:

Are you sure he got that food poisonning from that place? I eat a lot, so I could not be sure
laugh.gif
He claims it was the only thing, outside of a bag of chips, that he ate all day.  He seems convinced.

Yeah. Got it once from a restaurant, upset stomach, puke, you name it. However, I still eat from there to this day, just been scared to order the samet hing again.

Well, I was nearly dehydrated after ******** myself multiple times a day for 3 days straight after food poisoning from On The Border. It's been 4 years since I've been back :lol:

I had food poisoning once. Among other symptoms, this was my first and only time I ever experienced projectile vomiting. Owner of the restaurant said I was probably already sick before eating. Filed a complaint and later found out the restaurant was closed by the health department.

It's been a while since I've singled out a specific meal as the cause of any particular kind of upset stomach. Most of the time, especially after drinking, my stomach is ****** and I can't really blame anything but the large amounts of booze I drank the night before.

However, if I could pinpoint the cause to a particular meal, I probably wouldn't eat there again unless it was absolutely and uniquely delicious.

--edit--

Scratch that. I remember the last time I had food poisoning. It was when I ordered carne asada from a local Mexican joint in a small town. Shoulda known... It was not absolutely and uniquely delicious. Thus, I will never eat there again.

Last edited:
no,
thats why i haven't been to hometown buffet in 16 years, well i have been for my old job after meeting where it was paid for and still don't eat, just get fruit punch. same thing goes for me and certain foods and bad experiences. For example i spent new years eve in vegas with my girl and her fam. before we left we went to jollibees before heading to take some group shots of that vegas sign. I was hungover and still possibly drunk. I got the linguica meal ate it went to the bathroom and threw it up all over the bathroom and then proceeded to just straight up throw up all over the street on the walk to the sign....

havent touched linguica since :x

Last edited:
I would just go into the restaurant with a folded note that says: Reported. Signed, and NT'er :lol:

Nope. Food poisoning is the absolute worst, I hope none of you experience it. I got salmonella poisoning last summer and it was awful. Dropped 11 pounds the first two days. Anything you ate came right out. My feces looked like swamp water. Had to have an extra pair of underwear on deck whenever you went to bed because you knew they would be soiled while you slept. Only thing you can have is crackers and water. Constant headaches from dehydration from puking and pooping so much. It was the only time in my life that I can remember where I could not control my bowel movements. Horrible feeling

I'd go back. I have gotten food poisoning from a fairly reputable steakhouse once. I don't think of it as the norm, just a one-off occurrence.

Got food poisoning from Subway once.

I still eat Subway >D

if i get food poisoning once from a restaurant i go back, but if it happens again no way am i going back for a loooong time.

I don't think you guys really know the difference between food poisoning and the bubble guts 
laugh.gif

Nope. Food poisoning is the absolute worst, I hope none of you experience it. I got salmonella poisoning last summer and it was awful. Dropped 11 pounds the first two days. Anything you ate came right out. My feces looked like swamp water. Had to have an extra pair of underwear on deck whenever you went to bed because you knew they would be soiled while you slept. Only thing you can have is crackers and water. Constant headaches from dehydration from puking and pooping so much. It was the only time in my life that I can remember where I could not control my bowel movements. Horrible feeling
I never had food poisoning before, hope i dont cuz this ish sounds turrible.

I never had food poisoning before, hope i dont cuz this ish sounds turrible.
It is. I hope you guys never ever experience it. The worst week of my life by far.

It came from Chicken too, I didn't get it to a high enough temperature. Now, I just overcook all my meats (except red) until it's crispy. Better safe than sorry

For chicken just get a thermometer and you should be good.. 140 degrees and above and your good!

This year alone I got minor food poisoning 3 times. Once from a local Vietnamese restaurant (Spring rolls will never taste the same ever again), Subway, and from a undercooked omelette. Swamp water poop is correct though! :x:x:smh::smh:

Is this even a question H*******************LL no. Bubble guts is one thing but Food Poisoning!

Happened 2 years ago. Ate Popeye's, went to work and tossed cookies all over the parking lot. Ain't ate it in 2 yrs. Vomit, super-saiyan bubble guts, you name it, I had it. For the birds.

Back
Top Bottom