If you're an only child, come in... but don't touch any of my stuff.

Originally Posted by Orange Soda Man

I'm an only child, and it's allowed me to be comfortable being alone -- I've found that whenever I tell people this, especially those with siblings, they say that it's "weird" to enjoy just chilling alone for an extended period of time.

This is me exactly. But once I got into college I realized that I needed to be around people more and more than ever. I dunno why, I guess I just changed abit. Might have something to do with spending lots of time when my cousin comes to visit in the summer. We are first cousins and her mom is my godmother too. So they raised her to treat me like an older brother. Which I feel like I am now. My mom calls me a loner a lot because when I'm at home I reallydon't talk to anyone at all, unless forced too. But I do hate it most of the time now.

^ lol for real my friends trip out and think i'm weird when i do things by myself like shopping or running errands. they are so dependant on other peoplethat sometimes they won't do something if no one is going to do it with them... %%+! that. i rather get !%!% done and my business taken care of, whetherthey are with me or not.

I am and am happy about. But at the same time I do kinda fell lonely until I pop in some HOV and vibe out. I also really hate loud people/crowds does thatapply to this thread.

The vast majority of 'only child' individuals (includes a few good friends) I've met are selfish, greedy, and whine when they don't get theirway.
Maybe it's just been a bad sample size.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

The vast majority of 'only child' individuals (includes a few good friends) I've met are selfish, greedy, and whine when they don't get their way.
Maybe it's just been a bad sample size.
laugh.gif

I like to get my way, but see I get into a peaceful discussion to at the very least get my opinion heard. If I lose I lose, but I like people to understandwhere I'm coming from because from my core group of friends (16 of us) I am the only one that is an only child. But in terms of being selfish and greedy,I am the complete opposite. I am probably the most giving of all my friends. It's how you are raised I think, and I was raised in a spoiled way, but mymom kept me in check for the most part because until I hit about age 13, we were quite poor and struggling.

i am. it sucks, it got lonely at times when i was lil during arguments between parents. u can also never get away with anything. also, u dont get to bond withany siblings, its just u and yourself. your future child also wont have any aunts or uncles.

i would love to have a sister so i could try and bang her friends.

I have two brothers by other mothers but basically was raised as an only child. I don't even take kindly to people not calling first before they come to mycrib, even if it's family. I feel like I need to prepare myself mentally to be in the presence of another person.

only child here, people are surprised when they find out. i have a cousin who's two years older; he's like a brother to me. i guess the weirdest thingis that i've never shared a space with anyone - bedroom, dorm room, apartment, bathroom - we'll see how this fares when marriage rolls around . . .

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

i am. it sucks, it got lonely at times when i was lil during arguments between parents. u can also never get away with anything. also, u dont get to bond with any siblings, its just u and yourself. your future child also wont have any aunts or uncles.

i would love to have a sister so i could try and bang her friends.
they will if your wife has brothers and sisters
laugh.gif

yea its funny, but i think there are two kinds of only childs... the spoiled ones which most people label only childs as, and the ones who are extremelyindependent because they don't want to be labeled spoiled so they have to work twice as hard just to prove that they are not. I hated being called spoiledwhen i was young so to this day i have been making alot of my decisions in my life on my own, financially and spiritually.

just in the other post i made about buying a new car, i said i bought a new car myself worth $55,000 for $34,000 and people some how got the assumption that iblew my entire life savings just to get that car, when in actuality, while that may apply to alot of other younger people out there spending all their money tobuy a nice car and be cool, the fact that i am an only child has only motivated me to work hard and get my paper so that i can obtain the things i want in lifewithout having to ask my parents for it and be labeled as spoiled.

it is what it is. it gets lonely sometimes, but who doesn't get lonely. only child has nothing to do with it... and i'm happy. friends are as good asfamily anyways.

Originally Posted by Nawth21

Originally Posted by MC OTAKU

i always wondered what the only child mentality was

whats the mentality of a person with siblings?

dunno. but Im a twin and i got a lil bro also plus i kick it with my cuzzos alot. so i dont feel that lonely or spoiled.

i wish i was only child and spoiled tho..i think it wudda made my childhood pretty fun
pimp.gif

I was spoiled as a child, however I do not have an entitlement issue. Plenty of kids with siblings are spoiled as well. I was never lonely as a kid, I had amultitude of neighborhood kids to play with (trailer trash FTW) and I had a killer imagination
pimp.gif
so I had no problems playing on my own. I am a bit of aloner though, which may or may not have anything to do with being an only. I'm not socially awkward, I can fake it
laugh.gif
but being overly social wears onme.

Originally Posted by Orange Soda Man

I'm an only child, and it's allowed me to be comfortable being alone -- I've found that whenever I tell people this, especially those with siblings, they say that it's "weird" to enjoy just chilling alone for an extended period of time.

Co-sign, I am a only child also so I can chill by myself for hours and not get bored. It is easy for me to entertain myself.
Originally Posted by realmc

^ lol for real my friends trip out and think i'm weird when i do things by myself like shopping or running errands. they are so dependant on other people that sometimes they won't do something if no one is going to do it with them... %%+! that. i rather get !%!% done and my business taken care of, whether they are with me or not.
Yup, I do that same stuff. I prefer to do the stuff by myself so I can get it done at my own pace. I can do pretty much anything by myself exceptgo eat somewhere or go to the movies.

Back
Top Bottom