IIIs, XIs, and XX3s = most groundbreaking Jordans

xx3 just seem like a hypebeast shoe. i guess these fall in the category with the rest of the jordans. i guess i'm just into the performance jordans rightnow xiii, xviii, xxi.

but i do know the xx3's performance was sacrificed i place of a sleek design. i would watch a movie or even try to break in the xx3's at home chillinand my feet would HURT. i wore my xxi's from 9am-5pm today of straight hoopin and during the week wear them for thirteen hours for work delivering for fedex and my feet and legs would be happy the whole day.

this isn't cool for me being a basketball shoe but have your feet hurt. its the same as the ricer cars that sound hella loud but are slow as hell. or theweak wanna b ganstas that think their hard but do some weak stuff when it gets down or a hot chick that's not down to get dirty.

life's too short to deal with fakes......

mj never wore xxiii's in an nba game. can someone explain how they are so groundbreaking? besides the obvious 23 signature sneak

"can someone explain how they are so groundbreaking?"
^^ totally new green production process, all new materials, did you not read anything about the XX3 earlier this year? Watch the DVD...anyhow, i"m notsaying these should be anyones favorites, I'm just saying these changed the sneaker game the most and presented a completely new visual aesthetic toJordans and footwear, in general.

Originally Posted by loskickking23

I been rockin js since 88 and I will always love the 3s and the white cement 4s.I now have the same love for the XX3's that I have for those.All jordans are legendary but these three will always have a special place with me.

i think we can all agree that the XXIIIs were quite a surprise considering the recent J's that have came out..

they're top 5 to me.

idk, I think the I's have to be up there as well. If not for the I's, there would be no III, XI, etc. And without the I's , there would never beany Dunks, and SBs.

Vi's are up there because of the back.

How about 1s... the shoe that started it all... there wouldnt be any without those... thanks.

Even though i almost like every jordan,
i think you make a good point,
but i think it's different for everybody.

Originally Posted by shpongled25

; The XI was obviously revolutionized the game with the first use of patent leather (now its hard to find sneakers w/o it!),

Wasn't the Sky Force (Circa '83) the first sneaker on the market with patent?

Originally Posted by shpongled25

;
and the carbon fiber plate, creating the most sturdy shoe ever

Perhaps the first use of a full length plate. Reebok used some sort of weaved plate in the middle of the Shaq Attack III in 1994. IIRC, the Instapump Furyoriginally released around that time too.
Calling the XI the "Most sturdy shoe ever" is a pretty bold claim.

As for the XX3.... the lack of glue, and use of stitching is an interesting idea. Groundbreaking? Not so sure. The performance isn't all that great.

i would say with the 23 it is somewhat groundbreaking, no using glue blah blah blah, but i think the real thing with the 23 is that the past 2 j.b shoes wereso lame, with the exception of the red 21, which i kinda like but still the overall design of the past two shoes were so lame that when jordan came out withthe 23's everyone crapped there pants because the overall look of the shoe was so much better than the last two j.b shoes. Also, they are the last shoes inthe signature series. Im not saying they arent groundbreaking, im just saying I think thats part of the reason why they could be "considered"groundbreaking.

I think the idea of what's "groundbreaking" gets thrown around too often. Generally, a shoe is groundbreaking WHEN and IF it stands the test oftime for something previously not seen before.

AJ III, AJ V, AJ XI, and AJ XX3 are the groundbreaking Jordans in the game.

AJ III- First to incorporate tumbled leather, elephant print, and the now world famous Jumpman. Was it groundbreaking enough? You betcha! There are plenty ofshoes that have taken elements of the Jordan 3 over the years to prove it!

AJ V- First sneaker with a 3m reflective tongue, and translucent rubber soles (first of a kind). Look at the sneaker game today. 3m has been seen in smalltraces on kicks like the Penny 2's, DJ Clark Kent series and more...not to mention articles of clothing

AJ XI- Contrary to what others may believe it isn't the first shoe to have patent leather on it. But it IS the first shoe to have a carbon fiber plateinstalled which is still used today. Also the patent leather around the shoe made the shoes look very stylish and was the first Jordan I could remember thatlooked good with formal attire.

AJ XX3- If you don't know why this shoe is groundbreaking then something is definitely wrong with you. There's plenty of information on these shoesthis year so really no need to explain.

The AJ 1 could be viewed as revolutionary being the shoe to start it all off for JB. But there have been shoes before it that looked similar to it. If anythingthe AJ 1 remixed some of the older Nike basketball shoes before it into (at the time) obnoxious colorways (black/red).

AJ XIII's in my mind do not make the cut. I haven't seen a shoe that has used the hologram idea yet....(could be wrong though)

AJ VIII's don't make it either. Air Raids inspired the strap element on these kicks although I do think the AJ 8 did it better.

I could list more...but that's enough.
laugh.gif

In my eyes every single jordan
has a story behind

well most of them do i should say.

You are right on with these shoes being some of the best shoes all time, just don't forget the 6's, imo.

Thats one of the most popular J's but No ..

6's are one of the Grails
12's = Holy Grails ...
11's I like alot

15's I like more than IV's [well except bred iv's]

Back
Top Bottom