IL Woman Found Dead in TX Jail vol. #WhatHappenedToSandraBland

CKh6M-gUEAAK_EY.jpg:large
dope
There's something off putting about plastering her face over a document that considered her to only be 3/5 of a person at one point in time.

True but to answer his question. The history books will say whatever they want it to say. Look at them now in regards to slavery, hell some of em even go as far as to say that the slaves enjoyed slavery and didn't want it to end.

But you're right we have to build our economy. I don't see how areas could in the past w/ limited resources and we can't with ample resources.
heres the difference.... back then we were limited to practice group economics.. now with integration we give our money to everyone else under the false ilusion that others do the same with our businesses..
the beginning of the end of Black Wall Street....

Once we were allowed to patronize stores outside of our own, we pretty much abandoned the black owned stores. 
No. That's not what happened at all. To understand what happened to Black Wall Street, you have to study the period immediately following the Civil War (Reconstruction) and how the policies set into place as a response to emancipation affected black people at the time.

Institutions like Freedmans Bank (chartered by the good 'ole US Government) were initially creates to help the influx of emancipated people by helping them establish savings and financial strength. By all means it was a great success for that time period...until Henry Cooke and his friends purposefully drained the bank by approving unsecured loans and making terrible business decisions that just so happened to benefit Cooke's associates. Even Congress said that he and others should be indicted....but nothing happened. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedman's_Savings_Bank This series of events caused a great deal of black people to lose what was literally their life savings, and has continued to perpetuate distrust of banks in urban communities today.

Because of this and as a response to the incoming Jim Crow laws, places like Tulsa/Black Wall Street built their own institutions and they were, again, very successful. Poor whites took notice of black peoples' power to build up their communities and grew resentful, as they had been sold illusions of grandeur by politicians of the time that had not been realized. While the Tusla Riot(s) are the biggest example of this, well to do black communities across the nation were targeted and attacked in a similar fashion by the klan and other disgruntled/poor whites.

Our communities were destroyed, both physically due to the amount of people killed and buildings destroyed, and also financially, as the cost of damages bankrupted any business that wasn't already burned to the ground.

So, while it is technically correct that black people have continued to shop at stores owned by those outside of their communities following the end of jim crow, its not exactly because they abandoned black businesses. A large section of the black economy had been destroyed before they had a chance to shop there -- don't forget that blacks could not get jobs because of unions that systematically barred them from gainful employment. Blacks often had little choice but to shop outside of their communities once we were able to rejoin the workforce on a large scale - the shops within our communities had already become targets and were being destroyed/bankrupted.
"The clothing stores, nightclubs, cafes, rooming houses, and other businesses lining the streets and avenues of the Greenwood District provided ample opportunity for casual strolls, shopping sprees, and entertainment excursions. Greenwood offered a dab of this, a pinch of that-a little of everything. The Greenwood District came especially alive on Thursday evening, the traditional 'maids day off' for domestic servants living in the white community. (During this historical period relatively few African American women could expect employment opportunities beyond domestic servitude.) The influx of these working women provided a rush of business and added luster to an already glittering community. "

While this is a reflection of the early days of the Greenwood District (GD), the practice of recycling money from the aforementioned businesses continued and was a main factor in the development of the GD. Even money earned by blacks while working in the white community was spent in the GD.

"Segregation turned out to be a double edged sword, at once a curse and a blessing, for the African American community. Segregation's central, racist premises- that African Americans were by birth inferior and that 'race mixing' tainted and tarnished whites-fell gradually into disrepute. As minds changed, so did economic interests and incentives. The 'black market,' the mass of African American consumers not previously cultivated by white merchants, suddenly became fair game in a desegregated marketplace. As segregation ended, white merchants broke the virtual lock on black dollars that the once-insular African American community held. Ultimately, the outflow of black dollars from the Greenwood District, first drip by drip, then in a steady stream, and finally in torrents, left a parched, barren wasteland-failing businesses, deserted streets, and vacant buildings. The opening up of the Tulsa economy afforded African Americans choice. At the same time, it eliminated self sufficiency by forcing the smaller, often undercapitalized, sometimes marginal African American businesses out of the market. By 1961, more than ninety percent of African American income-some $12-15 million-was spent outside the Greenwood District. To go 'outside' for needs was to add another hole in the dike that surrounded the closed economy of the district, whether or not anyone intended that result."

While the GD's economy wasn't the best, it was sustainable as long as blacks recycled money earned in the community. The opportunity to get work and earn outside of the GD could have resulted in an even better economy, but with that opportunity came the opportunity to spend outside of the GD which is what happened.  To say that "that is not at all what happened" is false, for lack of a better word. It may not have been the only factor in the demise of the GD, but it was certainly a contributing factor.

Quotes are from "Black Wall Street" by Hannibal B. Johnson

mail

I'm serious though
Everyone might not believe in God, but there's without a doubt a higher power out there

Dont even bother man. Thats why this world is what it is right now

The evil that men do has to be blamed on somebody.

So the non believers have to blame things on god or there is no god at all

No god no peace

Thats how it will always be

Its funny how the people who dont believe in god are quick to attack him

just wanted to say that I'm sad. I'm not going to post in these threads because it just makes me hate NTers and why I don't mess with a lot of folks outside my very small circle.

R.I.P. Sandra.

integration ended black wallstreet? 

community was destroyed 40 something years before integration

white folks destroyed black communities in Wilmington, NC and to this day black communities down there is still in shambles 
mean.gif

mean.gif

Naw, brother. Black Wall Street was at its peak in the 40s and 50s, well after the riot in 1921. Blacks didn't just leave or get some type of 'there's no point in trying' attitude. Look up Simon Berry if possible. Started a bus line that he started from a single Model T, bought a garage, trained his own mechanics; eventually bought buses. He earned as much as $500 dollars a day. He was one of Oklahoma's first black aviators and owned his own plane. Ran his business for about 25 years until he sold it to the city of Tulsa on the condition that blacks be allowed to ride and that black drivers did the routes in the GD.  

Wow the new vid show shows the view from the police garage and the cop dragging her out of the cop car. Hands and feet bound. Lays her on the ground and unties her and then drags her away. Body seemed pretty lifeless...smh.

Wow the new vid show shows the view from the police garage and the cop dragging her out of the cop car. Hands and feet bound. Lays her on the ground and unties her and then drags her away. Body seemed pretty lifeless...smh.

Link?

Obvious doctoring of the tape....
ggCGrZK.jpg%20width=

uFpe9Yw.jpg

QOGj1pD.jpg

doEuiFa.jpg
zr70cdE.jpg

75BpsaC.jpg

WkigVZA.jpg

Most obvious open & shut case of 2015 presently...

Not bashing, but once again, you see all these, "Pray, Pray. That is all you can do" comments on Social Media. What has prayer done thus far? "We" have been praying for 400 years. Where the hell has that gotten us? I don't say that to be disrespectful but at what point do you stop using the, "I will let God handle it" card? I just don't get it man.

God hasn't looked out for us man yet we still call to him when stuff like this happens. All-powerful right? Well do something magical to put an end to all of this madness man. Or should we wait for him to work in "mysterious ways."

That's that old slavery yes massa bible thumping mentality. They straight came over with that bible, left us with that and Christianity and took the land.

I will ask again! When is enough enough folks!? Either us blacks can all stand up together (all meaning AA's, Africans, Cubans, Dominicans, Panamanians, etc) or with other ethnicities who feel us, but drastic measures need to be taken bros! This is ridiculous! [emoji]128545[/emoji]

Someone tell me with some sense if they really believe these cops would have tried this if they knew black really didn't eff around like them Ashanti warriors back in the day? Hellz naw! If they knew they would get hunted down them and their family, they would never try this but since they know we gone just take to social media, lay out candles n teddy bears, whine, pray, n beg, they keep it up.

Now define insanity; Doing the same crap over n over again, while expecting different results. Black folks need to stop being insane and bring the pain! Ain't no peace ***!

If it's the video I think you're talking about, look at the police car. It says Tampa Police on it.

Trust that if a legit video like you described was out, the internets would be all over it by now.

The statement from the fellow inmate is some of the worst ******** I've ever seen. They straight up got Pennsatucky to go on camera saying "She seemed so sad and distraught. She just kept saying to herself 'I can't live this life...' ". This whole thing reeks of ******** and they're gonna get away with it all again.

With all this outrage, and the "it's time for drastic action" talk that always gets thrown around when things like this happens, I always find myself wondering what exactly needs to be done.

There are people out there that throw their lives down for a cause, but they lack the direction/conceptualization of an intended or desired end result. So on most of their cases, their martyrdom will always be taken with a grain of salt because their death didn't serve a purpose in the grand scheme of things.

Inversely, there are those who have actual ideas, but they have a more difficult time in convincing the masses that there are sound courses of action. Without the masses (who bring the anger, passion, and willingness to lay down their lives), there is no hope for true action.

So, what do we do?

With all this outrage, and the "it's time for drastic action" talk that always gets thrown around when things like this happens, I always find myself wondering what exactly needs to be done.

There are people out there that throw their lives down for a cause, but they lack the direction/conceptualization of an intended or desired end result. So on most of their cases, their martyrdom will always be taken with a grain of salt because their death didn't serve a purpose in the grand scheme of things.

Inversely, there are those who have actual ideas, but they have a more difficult time in convincing the masses that there are sound courses of action. Without the masses (who bring the anger, passion, and willingness to lay down their lives), there is no hope for true action.

So, what do we do?

Isn't that the purpose of the Million Man March coming up? It's titled "Justice Or Else" and apparently not just black folks are going. I've been seeing videos of Native Americans joining the cause as well. In the videos that I've seen of Farrakhan talking about the march, he said if things don't change, blood will be shed. The stage has definitely been set. I guess we'll find out soon.

I do recall Farrakhan mentioning "justice, or else." The Nation does seem like it would be formidable in creating an opposition to all the bs that's been going down. Hopefully things change come October. But the cynical part of me believes that their will be more Sandra Blands, Eric Garners, etc before then. :smh:

Why am I not hearing anything happening to the cop? From his mistreatment and abuse of her to lying in his report, all that should be addressed.

They put him on desk duty while they investigate. They essentially already said he didn't follow protocol.

He escalated the situation. :smh: It gets me upset even thinking about that.

When she said you want me to put out MY cigarette in MY car?

And she also mentioned she moved over without signaling in the first place, because he was tailgating and wanted to let him pass.

Last edited:
Obvious doctoring of the tape....
ggCGrZK.jpg%20width=

uFpe9Yw.jpg
QOGj1pD.jpg
doEuiFa.jpg
zr70cdE.jpg
75BpsaC.jpg
WkigVZA.jpg

Most obvious open & shut case of 2015 presently...

Wow thats creepy
So they definitely edited the video it seems like.
Why? Like I know of course to cover something up. But it seems like they just kept looping a certain time period over and over. Wouldn't this just make the video longer?

Just want to get a better understanding of the whole video thing. Clearly the cops are shady as hell and are hiding something and are wrong. I'm just trying to figure out the relevance of them editing the video to have one part looping over and over

Last edited:
A quick assumption is to omit the cop doing something even more aggressive or belligerent than he already is

Or

Elongating the video will make it appear the course of his rage is more control and gradual. Dude prob went zero to a hunnid a lot quicker

Her pullover was such a bait man...like that could've been any of us...every time I see a cop speeding up on me I move over outta courtesy :smh:

What do yall see in the ghost car thing????

When i wqtched the video i saw a charger turn pass them up and then turn around and oass em up again.....but thats it

Last edited:
oh...your...god...

Sandra Bland Swallowed Or Smoked 'Large Quantity Of Marijuana' In Jail: DA

Sandra Bland, the black woman found hanging dead in a Texas jail days after a traffic stop, smoked or possibly swallowed a large amount of marijuana while in custody, her family's attorney reported the district attorney as saying.

Waller County District Attorney Elton Mathis made the disclosure in a text message to attorney Cannon Lambert, who has called the state's autopsy on the Chicago-area woman defective, Lambert said.

"Looking at the autopsy results and toxicology, it appears she swallowed a large quantity of marijuana or smoked it in the jail," Mathis said in a text message to Lambert that the attorney provided to Reuters.

Reuters could not immediately verify the authenticity of the text. Repeated calls to Mathis' office were not returned.

"This will of course be very relevant in any future criminal or civil litigation," the message from Mathis to Lambert said.

man what the hell...victims on trial for their own death...disgusting...

Back
Top Bottom