Im completely infatuated with da demise of Roc-A-Fella Records. VOL. Rome burned slow

lets have a great indepth discussion about this in one giant thread where we can touch on all da points and look at everything in perspective.

l.jpg

(i felt bad for joe budden at da time, last dude to sign on and da whole building crumbles..lol)

I thought Joey said that was a rumor. How would he sign to Roc A Fella when Jay hated him from the jump?

I thought Joey said that was a rumor. How would he sign to Roc A Fella when Jay hated him from the jump?

^ cuz Dame was signing people regardless of Jay's feelings ... see Dipset.

I always heard there was something Dame did/said to Memph Bleek that was the final straw for Hov. I always wanted to know what it was..

naw, contrary to popular belief..i followed da roc heavy, he was definitely signed on, but it was literally months later and da building came crashing down.

my position is this, Jay-z was da artist first, dame was definitely da business cat, and honestly dame got effed over as far as im concerned.

Hov and Dame breakup and every day I wake-up :smh:

I keep thinking these dudes will do a interview one day and laugh about it but that **** ain't happening.

naw, contrary to popular belief..i followed da roc heavy, he was definitely signed on, but it was literally months later and da building came crashing down.

my position is this, Jay-z was da artist first, dame was definitely da business cat, and honestly dame got effed over as far as im concerned.

i couldn't agree more with you on this. folks like to say "oh, jay just did what he had to do" or "dame didn't handle his business". nah yo, dame got played. hov pralli has alot to do with that.

i couldn't agree more with you on this. folks like to say "oh, jay just did what he had to do" or "dame didn't handle his business". nah yo, dame got played. hov pralli has alot to do with that.
there's a TON of interview that coraborate this story..too many rocafella artists basically cosigning that dame took care of em, and jay-z was never there...

here's bobby dash (dame dash brother talking about it) and imma put videos i knew from youtube about EVERYONE'S point of view that i can find (if you know any ya can post it here

too)

Last edited:
i feel you ninja, sometime you gotta let general become what general is becoming :lol: j/p

I really feel like jay was really getting tired more of dame, trying to turn the brand into mini Def Jam, and Dame felt like Def Jam owed them more bread, which they
did, but they decided to give jay his Illuminati package, with the whole president thing. From the numerous stories i've heard from Beans and Memphis, it was Dipset
fault because they felt like they ran the building because, technically they were the most influential group apart of the label and for the most part "Hip Hop" in the early 2000's.
The whole thing is deep, but this downfall has ended alot of careers, most notably that no one acknowledges is juelz santana. " I put a couple careers on hold" was the quote from Jay,
and know look at the kid, his is closing on 8 years since his sophomore jinx album that was anything but that. "There it go" peaked at 6 on hot 100 and Mic check was at 35, and that was the street single. Compared to a artist who was newly signed at the time Rick Ross, who has never had a single even crack top 30 on HOT 100, i know he has number 1 album debuts, but as Diddy stated
in that MGK gold plaque blog, "its about the hits baby". As i digress, The game was taking a turn into the soft cake relateable hip hop, which was cornered by kanye west. A new lane was open, where
no one even Dipset didnt fit the format, and the game was changed forever. In my mind i call it the Throwback/ 4X /AF1 era to the south snap/dance era. Even with those forces that be, Jay was the most Important person to the booth and he left the game for dry, and every rapper from that era lost they minds and lost it. DMX, 50, JA, Nelly, Luda, Em etc. lost they minds. BOTTOM LINE THEM DUDES WAS EXPENSIVE AND JAY WAS TRYNA CHASE THAT BILLY. So the chess bored had to GO

Last edited:
I don't even know who half the people are in that picture. They signed too many nobodies. Dame should have kept it quality over quantity as far as signing artists.

I don't even know who half the people are in that picture. They signed too many nobodies. Dame should have kept it quality over quantity as far as signing artists.
can't be serious...outside joe budden and da broad, that was CORE roc-a-fella artists

(from left to right)

l.jpg

-sparks (state property)

-joe budden

-Noreaga

-random broad

-young chris (young gunz, state property)

-dame dash

-oschino (state property)

-short black random broad

-neef (young gunz, state property)

-freeway (state property)

-peedi crakk (state property)

Last edited:
THAT SNAP/SOUTHERN MUSIC COME UP ENDED A LOT THESE PEOPLE'S CAREERS. THEN KANYE CAME AND PUT THE NAIL IN THE COFFIN.

Back
Top Bottom