im no fan of NEW YORK but this is pretty cool .....turning old railroad into a park

Status
Not open for further replies.
son this isnt 1974 , miami is a young liberal town

When's the last time that someone made a thread for the purpose of bashing Miami? No one cares about Miami or Florida. Leave it alone already. No one in NY or elsewhere is looking out for you or anyone down there.

Ironically Florida is considered the sunshine state, yet it's one of the saddest states in the country.

NYC is a old city, and alot of da buildings are landmarked, da building designs in da hood are all from da same era

da only thing gives places differences is location.

all da buildings mostly look like this, sure you'll have high rises mixed in da more downtown you go, but best believe

most of NYC looks like this.
da concrete jungle
pimp.gif

Makes idiotic statement.
Realizes he's an idiot.

Not really jackass, it could go on forever like the Cali vs NY thread, didnt wanna derail the topic anymore

Nah, let's talk about it because the thread is already well beyond what the topic was discussing due to *&%$?^ like you.

You compared multiple cities across an entire state to 5 boroughs within a single city. If that's not comparing a state to a city, I don't know what is.

In terms of the general conversation as it is now, yeah NYers generally have a lot of pride and feel it's the best. I mean, it's not like it's just drummed up that it's one of the center points of the world. Poll Americans or even people across the world asking which US cities are most relevant and/or places on their list to visit and see where NYC & Miami fall on that list. It's also not for everyone. If Miami is your speed, cool...stay there.

I've been to Miami a lot. It's fun in terms of partying and I love the beach but to me, aside from strictly clubs, it doesn't have the same energy NY does which I gravitate towards. It's a good place to wild out for 4-5 days. Plus, it's not like driving from the airport to South Beach provides you with views of beautiful scenery and neighborhoods for those of you focusing the rough parts of NYC. Are you just gonna ignore those areas in Miami and compare apples to oranges?

I love how this went from a discussion about the highline to a debate about NY > ____

The highline is looks dope. But as with everything else cool in the city, as like with most native NYers I haven't gone because I don't do touristy things. Isn't there a hotel over it where you can see people naked or something?? I remember reading about it in the Post

Oh.. and NY > everything

^^^Chicago becoming my fav city these days....if they did something like that it would just raise the already high value of chitown to me....but to add insult to injury....please don't mind this vid.....and this vid still goes hard.

:lol: i'm sorry but I'm gonna take any man credentials you got if you have any from this post.

I'd rather deal with snow than to have brunch....in flip flops....at greenstreet...enjoying....biking. :rofl:

Straight out NY arrogance, :lol:

Went to New York for 10 days this past September, friend insisted on doing a morning run on this thing. It was a cool concept for an urban sprawl.

This argument is silly, since "home" will always win, just based on familiarity.

New York was a blast, can't wait to visit again in June although it's going to be a lot hotter/humid. That being said NYC ain't touching Cali, but that's unfair since it's a city against an entire state. Let's face it when people talk about New York, it's only about the City 'cause the rest of the state might as well be Pennsylvania.

I went to NY for a week, and while it was fun, nothing wowed me. While the city itself was cool, it didn't feel any different than any other major city I've been to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom