I'm sorry but White Quarterbacks>>Black Quarterbacks

And I'm black #comeatmebros

But seriously, I don't even think its close. Would much rather have Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, or even a healthy Matthew Stafford (hometown love) than Mike Vick, Donovan McNabb, or Josh Freeman. It's just some positions that one race is better at than another. I thinly we can all agree Black Rbs and Receivers >>>>>white Rbs and receivers, white kickers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Black kickers (Only black dude I have ever seen with a golden leg was Duncan Pinderhughes).
To win at the Pro Level, you need a quarterback that will drop back in the pocket and make quick good decisions, not a quarterback who takes off running at the first sign of trouble. Quarterback position is more about arm strength than it is about a qb running a 4.3. When was the last time a qb led by a black quarterback won the Superbowl?? 1988 with Doug Williams and the skins? 23 years ago....that speaks volumes to me. Especially with him being the first and the last.
In addition to the topic at hand, who do yall feel will be the next black starting Qb to win the EB.I feel like Vick HAS to do it this year but I'm not holding my breath. Him and the Eagles have a very legit shot at it.

These guys disagree.

zmxhdj.jpg

this will be good
laugh.gif

but CURRENTLY....the top 3 or 4 QBs in the league are white

but I mean, how many black QB's are there?

What percentage of the white QB's are actually good in the league or great?

Race has nothing to do with this but more so the number of whites trying out for that position is much more than the number of black people.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

this will be good
laugh.gif

Even so, where would you rank the best black qb in the GOAT qb discussion. Imo the best black quarterback I have seen play is Warren Moon..Do yall think he's top 10?

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by Pmighty

Sounding stupid.

everything op posted is fact

So black people are incapable of becoming a drop back passers and they are unable to make quick decisions. Got it.

Definitely didn't say that...but MOST black qbs scramble and do not stay in the pocket, that's fact.

You certainly are sorry, guess what the sky is also blue, there are 12 months in a year and 7 days in a week. Let me add my own; black running backs, receivers, corner backs, safeties, defensive tackles, defensive ends, linebackers>>>>>>>>> white running backs, receivers, corners, safeties, defensive tackles, defensive ends linebackers. "Come at me bro".

Thread is pointless though. You can't say this is fact because there isn't an even percentage of black and white QB's in the NFL. In my honest opinion I don't believe that black QB's get a fair shot. Look how the media thrashed Cam Newton, Vince Young, Terrelle Pryor, Tyrod Taylor and Tavaris Jackson and even Steve McNair, Micheal Vick, and Warren Moon tying to convert them to different positions before they even completed a pass but still hype of wack QB's like Tim Tebow, Alex Smith, Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch. They hit you with the "of he's ready smart." BS. I don't give a *+#! if he's albert einstein if he can look off a safety and deliver the football.

If you're not making an argument that black qbs can't be pocket passers or make quick decisions then your argument is void to begin with simply as result of current sample size... There's exponentially more white quarterbacks than there are black ones. You can't make the arguments you're making with the numbers so tilted.

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

but I mean, how many black QB's are there?

What percentage of the white QB's are actually good in the league or great?

Race has nothing to do with this but more so the number of whites trying out for that position is much more than the number of black people.

I thought of that and no question, there haven't been many..but there have been enough in my opinion to make this argument. Maybe I should have been specific and said Starting QB. And the fact is I would take a white starter over a black starter (in most cases, there are variables)

Originally Posted by Cuffy

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

this will be good
laugh.gif

Even so, where would you rank the best black qb in the GOAT qb discussion. Imo the best black quarterback I have seen play is Warren Moon..Do yall think he's top 10?
not saying OP's basic point is incorrect, in fact i agree that pocket passers are more successful. but it's not a black v white thing...it's a pocket v scrambler thing. until we see some black pocket passers in the league, it remains a pocket v scrambler debate. white scrambling QBs fare no better in general. aaron rodgers and steve young...they're as close as it gets...but even those guys are going through 3-4 reads before taking off. i wouldn't call them scrambling QBs.

but let's see if vick proves this theory wrong this year...

Originally Posted by Pmighty

everything op posted is fact

So black people are incapable of becoming a drop back passers and they are unable to make quick decisions. Got it.

Definitely didn't say that...but MOST black qbs scramble and do not stay in the pocket, that's fact.

That's usually because they aren't developed as pro style quarterbacks. When a black quarterback is in high school, or gets to college, and also happens to have superior atheleticism,  offensive plays are usually implemented for him to make plays with his feet. He is also told, and/or by instincts alone, to utilize that ability allowing for non-pro style tendenices to be developed. This happens long before any 3 or 4 read progression are worked on.

A lot of college quarterbacks have hard times with a progession anyway, but more times than not, an athletic quarterback (of all races) will get to the second read at most, and if it isn't there will take off.

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

Thread is pointless though. You can't say this is fact because there isn't an even percentage of black and white QB's in the NFL. In my honest opinion I don't believe that black QB's get a fair shot. Look how the media thrashed Cam Newton, Vince Young, Terrelle Pryor, Tyrod Taylor and Tavaris Jackson and even Steve McNair, Micheal Vick, and Warren Moon tying to convert them to different positions before they even completed a pass but still hype of wack QB's like Tim Tebow, Alex Smith, Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch. They hit you with the "of he's ready smart." BS. I don't give a *+#! if he's albert einstein if he can look off a safety and deliver the football.

I'm talking about Performance my dawg..not media portrayal. Of course the media thrashes black qbs, THEY THRASH BLACK PPL IN GENERAL! The reason so many qbs are converted is because they cannot play at the pro level. If they have enough talent to play QB, you think they wouldn't get a shot? Michael Vick is one of the most athletic players in the league, but he is also very equipped to start at QB.A pure bred white QB usually come equipped with Cannons for arms and a strong pocket presence. They don't rely on athletic ability like a black counterpart does.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

That's usually because they aren't developed as pro style quarterbacks. When a black quarterback is in high school, or gets to college, and also happens to have superior atheleticism,  offensive plays are usually implemented for him to make plays with his feet. He is also told, and/or by instincts alone, to utilize that ability allowing for non-pro style tendenices to be developed. This happens long before any 3 or 4 read progression are worked on.

A lot of college quarterbacks have hard times with a progession anyway, but more times than not, an athletic quarterback (of all races) will get to the second read at most, and if it isn't there will take off.

I agree wholeheartedly...but does that make my point any less of the truth?

To win at the pro level a top tier defense is more important than a white qb, word to Trent Dilfer ( below avg) and Eli Manning (avg).

Look at how long it took Peyton to win 1, and he's been regarded as a top qb for ages. What stopped Bradys ridiculous record breaking season? A hungry front four.

Fact is even the best white qb's haven't just carried their teams all the way to the SB. If so Brady n Peyton would have the last 10 chips.

But Steve Young and Elway didnt stay in the pocket like that they was still a efficient pocket pass and if Vick isnt in the type three your absolutely delusional

and i hate the "im black by the way", that doesnt make your opinion any less ingorant

Back
Top Bottom