In your opinion, what is the stupidest team name in all of sports?

The Los Angeles Lakers.

Seriously though, how many lakes are there in Los Angeles? (I am well aware of the history of the team....doesnt make the team name any better)

There are a ton of teams that moved and kept the name from where it come from. If you know the history I don't see anything wrong with it.

Side question. Why did "New York Football Giants" call themselves the Giants when there was already a baseball team called the Giants.

The Los Angeles Lakers.

Seriously though, how many lakes are there in Los Angeles? (I am well aware of the history of the team....doesnt make the team name any better)
There are a ton of teams that moved and kept the name from where it come from. If you know the history I don't see anything wrong with it.
Yes I am aware, and it doesnt make that any better IMO.  The Jazz shouldnt be the Jazz.  The Lakers shouldnt be the Lakers.  The Dodgers shouldnt be the Dodgers....etc.

I was going to say the Biscuits, from right outside my hometown :smh:

Side question. Why did "New York Football Giants" call themselves the Giants when there was already a baseball team called the Giants.

Like the baseball Giants, they wanted to cash in on New York's skyscraper skyline appeal.

The Polygamists :lol: :lol:

Nickname them the Poly's and dress the cheerleaders like old-school Mormon women.

mean.gif

Phillies is pretty dumb, actually.

And I think Mets is pretty cool. New York Metropolitans, why not?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom