In your opinion what is the worst quality controlled retro release?

I remember the latest True Blue 3’s being trash quality control wise..

Any honorable mentions?

To be honest the true blue wasn't even close to the top. You can pretty much post pics of most releases from 2006 to 2012 or so on a wall and throw a dart to see where it lands. That being said there were some solid releases in that time frame so it doesn't apply to all. For me, the 2006 military blue 4 and cdp 11 are the two worst.

The ‘13 Grape V’s probably had some of the worst leather I’ve seen. I don’t even consider myself a materials snob or anything but I remember them being too terrible to really rock comfortably . Wore em a handful of times before selling them on eBay

To be honest the true blue wasn't even close to the top. You can pretty much post pics of most releases from 2006 to 2012 or so on a wall and throw a dart to see where it lands. That being said there were some solid releases in that time frame so it doesn't apply to all. For me, the 2006 military blue 4 and cdp 11 are the two worst.
I agree CDP 11’s were the worst! Had that bad banana toe and the 23 rubbed off super fast

The first military 4 and Mars 4 retros.

2013 fire red 5s. Those were so bad, it didn't matter that they are my favorites in the line.

I had a few pairs of true blues, no issues.

Only complaint was leather for most? Other than that didn’t hear any QC issues

Any 7 from the dark years. Shoe was paper thin. Couldn’t hoop or play anything in at all, and here the Olympic 7s from 2005 were durable as heck for me. On the opposite side of the spectrum the SoleFly 17s and DB 15s were way better then the OG materials wise.

2006 military 4s, 2006 fire red (mars) 4s, 2006 fire red 3's, CDP XIs. Ironically the Grapes from 2006 were pretty solid overall (leather was not bad and it didn't crack like a mother). The leather on the '12 white cement 4s sucked balls, but the construction was solid. Newer grape V leather was rock hard. Terrible release.

IMO true blues aren't bad at all other then being super stiff. I have a pair of Laney 5s that have peeling pleather I consider much worse.

2008 aquas
Or
2006 military blues had the worst quality

I had the aquas and the midsole was cracked after the first wear.

My pair of true blues are pretty good to me. I've only worn them 2x and they still look brand new... no creasing no midsole crack or peeling. So I dont know where you guys got yours from. Lol

2008 aquas
Or
2006 military blues had the worst quality

I had the aquas and the midsole was cracked after the first wear.

My pair of true blues are pretty good to me. I've only worn them 2x and they still look brand new... no creasing no midsole crack or peeling. So I dont know where you guys got yours from. Lol

I think the most recent TB 3 had solid construction, the leather was just a little stiff. Would have been really nice if they had the white cement IV leather or even the BC III leather.

Those 2008 military blue 4s are so bad. I just found mine in the back of my closet. Probably worn three times. I took them today and threw them in a clothes donation bin. They were like a BAD fake. “Leather” was plastic. Whole shoe felt like rubber. Worst I’ve ever seen by far, straight out of the box. It’s unreal to me that shoe released like that.

I think the most recent TB 3 had solid construction, the leather was just a little stiff. Would have been really nice if they had the white cement IV leather or even the BC III leather.
I didnt mind the leather at all.. i think it works best for the 3s cause I treat my 3s like af1s .. I walk very careful in them so the somewhat stiff leather helps. The cushioning is good so I'm not complaining about them. I felt the insides of the last shots that came out last year and those are disrespectful to anyone whoever had the first pair or the 05 retroes...

Back
Top Bottom