INDIE Music Thread

old, but still a great listen, btw if anyone knows whats kool a.d.'s role in this group?

Sura, what do you think of the new Emeralds, it's out there. Not sure what to think. Was not expecting to sound like it does.

Man, I totally didn't expect it to sound like this, especially the songs that are oddly percussive, but I am feeling it at the moment. It took me a couple listens to really understand the direction, but I actually quite like it now.

^ I mess with XXYYXX but alot of his stuff sounds like the same song so I only listen to in spurts...

Even though it came out a while ago, Nocturne by Wild Nothing has been on serious repeat. One of my contenders for album of the year it's really great from top to bottom.

Also that Dum Dum Girls, End of Daze EP came out a while ago not sure if anyone posted it. It's pretty good. Contains one of the best songs of the year.

Last edited:
that dumdum girls EP is nice..

school of seven bells also has an EP coming out..

i listened to it earlier and i really liked it.

right now i'm listening age of adz by sufjan stevens.

Just discovered this band and this song has been on repeat for the past 2 hours

And THIS. Oh gahd this.

Last edited:
that new Toro song is great, and the remix is solid too. He's dropping the official 7" 11/23, and his new album comes out in January

Also downloaded that new version of Lana Del Rey's Born To Die, Paradise Edt. Actually feeling the music on Paradise CD. Ride, w/ the Rick Rubin production, is :smokin

Stars - The Theory of Relativity

On the Canadian label Arts & Crafts with Broken Social Scene. I think this band might be opening for Metric...

Parakeet - Shonen Hearts

"Parakeet is comprised of Yuck's Mariko Doi, The History of Apple Pie's James Thomas and Jon Jackson."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom