INDIE Music Thread

new album 1/20
smokin.gif

Last edited:
Polica sounds amazing, yet once again.
I do have to check out the new Arcade Fire, although I'm pretty confident it's pretty great.

Saw Julia Holter a few nights ago in Berlin, wow, I was stunned. Amazing, she's on tour in Europe, may be heading out to the US as well, don't know yet, but highly recommended, here's a KEXP live session:

Saw Julia Holter a few nights ago in Berlin, wow, I was stunned. Amazing, she's on tour in Europe, may be heading out to the US as well, don't know yet, but highly recommended, here's a KEXP live session
I saw her last year, she was indeed amazing. I didnt know what her show would be like going in, but I was impressed. Super nice person too :lol:

Also that Darkside album is great. I'm late with hearing it, but it's been on repeat.

i'm really liking this sky ferreira album so far..

it sounds like noise pop at it's finest, not to mention the album cover is really nice too.
wink.gif

Repave :smokin

Justin did a Reddit AMA and when asked about Bon Iver:
"no plans, not sure what I or the world needs from that perspective anymore. We'll see. VC is where my heart is at these days." |I

Sky Ferreira's album sounds like a collection of tracks you would hear as a soundtrack for a coming of age movie. Don't mean that in a bad way either, the songs are catchy and the subject matter really ties into that kind of stuff.

Sky Ferreira's album sounds like a collection of tracks you would hear as a soundtrack for a coming of age movie. Don't mean that in a bad way either, the songs are catchy and the subject matter really ties into that kind of stuff.

I def want to check it out

Tickets go on sale friday for HFXMas by me at rams head....the one day is 21 Pilots (who i low key hate :lol:) The 1975 (who i love) MS MR (i like the one single) and NONONO (pumpkin blood is all ive heard and i like it)

Last edited:
Sky's new album is brilliant. Her lane is clearly this grunge/dream pop sound, good to see her take off (and excel) in it.

Heavy Metal Heart / Nobody Asked Me :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Such a mellow jam. Makes you feel like you're floating on a cloud listening to it....

Last edited:
Album is stupid relaxing. I don't think you can be mad at anything in the world when you're listening to it srs :lol:

Last edited:
new active child ep dropped last week. its ok, i liked his full length better, but the ep has some gems.. see below

A local band from my current city of Richmond, Va. I feel they're really good.

Here's a video of their single:

Last edited:
That Blood Orange album though.....that **** is absolutely slaying me. Maybe my fav album this year besides Yeezus and the Jai Paul unofficial release

Streaming on iTunes currently

This Blood Orange album is worth the listen. Production is always the stand out on his projects, hope more people start to utilize him for that.

Polica sounds amazing, yet once again.
I do have to check out the new Arcade Fire, although I'm pretty confident it's pretty great.

Saw Julia Holter a few nights ago in Berlin, wow, I was stunned. Amazing, she's on tour in Europe, may be heading out to the US as well, don't know yet, but highly recommended, here's a KEXP live session:

:wow:

glad to see mutual benefit get some more attention. one of my friends put me on to them like more than a year ago and she's actually friends with the guy. i had the chance to catch them in brooklyn for 8 bucks and didnt go :smh: :smh:

Back
Top Bottom