INDIE Music Thread

The War On Drugs - Red Eyes

A co-worker just floated me this group's latest release. I like it. The band's from Philly & Kurt Vile used to be a band mate...

Really good.

james-vincent-mc-post-tropical.jpg

Last edited:
^^^

i've been seeing his name a lot but i didn't even know what kind of music he made, i'll check it out tonight..

that's if i can actually put down that Warpaint album.

^ love that song too 
pimp.gif

his cover of Steve Winwood's "Higher Love" is really good too...im not sure which falsetto i like more, his or JV's

his inspiration for the Post Tropical  album is pretty cool, this is from an interview not long ago
I found a zip drive recently, which dates back to before I made my first record, and I'd re-recorded every single part of the N.E.R.D album - apart from the vocals - just for the joy of it. I wanted to give this record the feel and movement of the hip-hop records that I love.
i wonder which album hes talking about...

Last edited:
:pimp:

Two new Young & Sick songs...Willow is the standout. I think this act will really blow up in the next year.

soundcloud.com/youngandsick/sets/magnolia

Beck - Blue Moon

Brother NTer lobotomybeats, I'm really looking forward to Beck's new release... Did you know he's married to Giovani Risbi's twin sister? She was the red head in Dazed & Confused. Anyway, lovin' the new song however his sound has gotten really mature...

Last edited:
Older tune that recently popped up on my iTunes. Such a good band, criminally overlooked and underrated in my opinion.

Beck is so good. He is really one of the most talented and innovative musicians over the last 20 years. Genius.

took my favorite album and and one of my favorite tracks and made something new

pimp.gif

Two new Young & Sick songs...Willow is the standout. I think this act will really blow up in the next year.

soundcloud.com/youngandsick/sets/magnolia
thanks for posting this, love the sound...definitely looking forward to more from him

Do you ever wonder why you don't dream about flying no more? 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Still can't enough of this album. This song is basically a bonus track (should've been added to the album) -- a little old, but I think you guys will enjoy it if you haven't heard it yet.

S. Carey (Bon Iver's drummer) has an album in the works..the god himself is supposed to feature 
pimp.gif

heres something from his last album

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom