INDIE Music Thread

So Beach House said on twitter that they're releasing another album next week but I guess that anyone who cares would know this before checking Niketalk.  Hopefully this means more shows. 

Just saw on Twitter omgggggg thank you Beach House my ears aren't ready. Just keep adding reasons on as to why they're my favorite band.

Can't wait :pimp:

Beach House next US tour dates
12-09-12 Los Angeles, CA - The Fonda Theatre
12-17-19 San Francisco, CA - The Fillmore
02-29 Cleveland, OH - House of Blues
03-01 Chicago, IL - Vic Theatre
03-05 Toronto, Ontario - Danforth Music Hall
03-09 Montreal, Quebec - Rialto Theatre
03-11 Boston, MA - House of Blues
03-14-15 New York, NY - Webster Hall
03-18 Philadelphia, PA - Union Transfer

I wish they would come back here in Minny again. :frown:

New Deerhunter is absolutely solid. I was a little worried about Bradford's directions after Monomania but Fading Frontier is exceptional.

Trying to see Will Sessions in Detroit.

Soul Funk

And going to see Nicolas Jaar on Dec 17th!! can't wait.

Ontologics. Drones From Home. LP (11.6.2015)

Genre blurring onto a new path, with a proghop sound that is unique and chalked full of great musicianship and prose. 

Their sophomore full-length album features Pnut (Aaron Wills; Bassist) of 311 on song "Primal Discourse".

Pick up their latest album and other work, please support underground progressive artistry.

Beach House next US tour dates
12-09-12 Los Angeles, CA - The Fonda Theatre
12-17-19 San Francisco, CA - The Fillmore
02-29 Cleveland, OH - House of Blues
03-01 Chicago, IL - Vic Theatre
03-05 Toronto, Ontario - Danforth Music Hall
03-09 Montreal, Quebec - Rialto Theatre
03-11 Boston, MA - House of Blues
03-14-15 New York, NY - Webster Hall
03-18 Philadelphia, PA - Union Transfer

I wish they would come back here in Minny again.
frown.gif

more shows added but I don't see Minnesota.  I guess they announced Coachella the other day but that doesn't seem like such a good venue to see Beach House actually.

04-09 Dallas, TX - B0mb Factory
04-11 Austin, TX - ACL Live at Moody Theatre
04-13 El Paso, TX - Tricky Falls
04-14 Tempe, AZ - Marquee Theatre
04-17 Indio, CA - Coachella
04-24 Indio, CA - Coachella
04-28 Portland, OR - Crystal Ballroom
04-30 Vancouver, British Columbia - The Vogue
05-04 Seattle, WA - The Paramount

well those are the North American ones, there are bunch in the rest of the world.   @CertifiedSW, you got their last show in North America so far.  I think Beach House made my favorite new music in 2015.  I actually like Pond's last album a lot more than the last Tame Impala record but I don't have any bright ideas on an album on the year.

Last edited:
more shows added but I don't see Minnesota.  I guess they announced Coachella the other day but that doesn't seem like such a good venue to see Beach House actually.

04-09 Dallas, TX - B0mb Factory

04-11 Austin, TX - ACL Live at Moody Theatre

04-13 El Paso, TX - Tricky Falls

04-14 Tempe, AZ - Marquee Theatre

04-17 Indio, CA - Coachella

04-24 Indio, CA - Coachella

04-28 Portland, OR - Crystal Ballroom

04-30 Vancouver, British Columbia - The Vogue

05-04 Seattle, WA - The Paramount

well those are the North American ones, there are bunch in the rest of the world.   @CertifiedSW
, you got their last show in North America so far.  I think Beach House made my favorite new music in 2015.  I actually like Pond's last album a lot more than the last Tame Impala record but I don't have any bright ideas on an album on the year.

Seeing them at Coachella as well crying rn :'(

I really enjoy the new Grimes album. It's very eclectic with a wide variety of sounds that work well together.

These three albums along with Jaime XX and Shamir are my fav's of 2015.

Ran accross some intelligent/clever/witty music over the week. Seems pretty "Indie". How do you guys/gals feel about the sound?

Local Natives dropped a new album recently, Sunlit Youth. Really vibing to it. Sound was a bit more "produced" on a few reacks but still a great album from front to back. May check them out when they come to DC.

Back
Top Bottom