infared 6 and powder 9-tell me something?

Can someone tell me why people are in an uproar about the varsity red 6 not being infa but are seemingly ok with the fact that the powder blue is now university blue?
IMO, im more upset with not getting powders then i am with the use of the varsity red on the vi. i feel like if i were to purchase the university 9 retro that i am just getting the AJF 9'S- THE F. so im not purchasing.  however, i feel justifed in buying the varsity reds because i feel they most resemble the bulls colors moreso than infa red.

How do you all feel about this

I boycott the shoes and have forced this website this website 2 acknowledge the fact bgrades have more hype.

i feel the same. i see people calling them powder blue when the c/w isn't true to original form. but it don't bother me, never really liked any shade of baby blue.

i dont understand why people call them powder blue knowing they univ blue.

Originally Posted by Hugo

i know, and nobody tends to say anything about that. but NOOOOO if somebody called the varsity red vi's INFAREDS everybody would freak out and go all out on the person! haha nah but for real, idk why they just didnt make them powderblues....watch they gonna release uni/blus then come out w. powder blues a few months after 
laugh.gif

The eggplant foamposites are the same way, the actual color is varsity purple.

Originally Posted by dtb00201

The first [eggplant] colorway were on the Flightposites.  The purple is way different back then~ also the gold colorway used on the og and the previously retroed.  The og colorway (eggplant and gold) for the FP1s seems more metallic then the retros~  On the recent varsity purple FP1s for instance, I couldnt tell they were purple until i hold them in my hands.  

Anyhow, we use to call by the og name~ For example we still call the white/blk concords XI the "Concord" right?
Unless the colorway is totally different like the university blue on the IX and varsity red on the VI.

simple:

VIs>>>IXs(except certain ugly VI cws)

infrared>>>powder blue (to me at least)

blk infrared VIs (MJ's first title) Powder IXs ( MJ's first retirement)

Originally Posted by David Choi

The first [eggplant] colorway were on the Flightposites.  The purple is way different back then~ also the gold colorway used on the og and the previously retroed.  The og colorway (eggplant and gold) for the FP1s seems more metallic then the retros~  On the recent varsity purple FP1s for instance, I couldnt tell they were purple until i hold them in my hands.  

Anyhow, we use to call by the og name~ For example we still call the white/blk concords XI the "Concord" right?
Unless the colorway is totally different like the university blue on the IX and varsity red on the VI.

Yea people just assumed the foamposites were eggplant when pictures first leaked out (because of the flightposites being that color) and the name stuck. I think these were the same way and people just saw a baby blue and assumed it was powder blue.

Originally Posted by sWaggA sO FreSh

i know, and nobody tends to say anything about that. but NOOOOO if somebody called the varsity red vi's INFAREDS everybody would freak out and go all out on the person! haha nah but for real, idk why they just didnt make them powderblues....watch they gonna release uni/blus then come out w. powder blues a few months after 
laugh.gif
RIGHT!!!!!

Yea people just assumed the foamposites were eggplant when pictures first leaked out (because of the flightposites being that color) and the name stuck. I think these were the same way and people just saw a baby blue and assumed it was powder blue.

Now we need to be very careful. JB is releasing the Infrared packs.  Its easy to mix up with the varsity reds.  Unless you are a Jordan head.

Originally Posted by sickickz23

simple:

VIs>>>IXs(except certain ugly VI cws)

infrared>>>powder blue (to me at least)

blk infrared VIs (MJ's first title) Powder IXs ( MJ's first retirement)
this^^^.
nothing iconic about the 9 at all imo.  they could retro it in as many colors as they want and give them all silly little nicknames for all i care. 

Now we need to be very careful. JB is releasing the Infrared packs.  Its easy to mix up with the varsity reds.  Unless you are a Jordan head.

ha that is true. i hope you really can tell they are infrared in person. because these pics of them dont look to much infraredish lol

really they do and they will be infrared in person. problem is most people are comparing the 2000 retro versions' "DEEP infrared" to the OG infrared from the '91 version. They looking for that very bright infrared on these. But nothing beats the OG infrared if your a purist. and they will look brighter in person. pics just aren't doing the hue any justice. Well see though

varsity red 6 looks better than infared pink (joke) but the varsity red 6 material is crap.

Originally Posted by east99

varsity red 6 looks better than infared pink (joke) but the varsity red 6 material is crap.

infared pack same material if im not mistaken
mad.gif
mad.gif

point well taken! i was so excited to see the powder blues coming out but when i saw the blue shade was really off I kinda got upset so i had to pass! Im looking forward to the VIs pack also, Im more of am OG colorway type a guy! lol

Originally Posted by fresh2323

mad.gif
mad.gif
it is the same material but a lot of people's pairs look fresh still.  my friend has a hard time getting creases but then again he wears an 8.

to each's own but I like the v-red on the 6's way better then infared as well as university blue way better on the 9's then powder blue!

(bulls used v-red not infared & unc tarheels used university blue not powder blue)

one day you guys will wake the fu*k up and realize anytime something is remade (not just shoes anything) it is never made the exact same as original (colors/materials/ect).......

Yea not a huge fan of the 9's...Maybe because MJ never wore em on the basketball court... Seems that only the shoes that MJ actually wore get the most love/hype/hysteria... Like the infrareds...

Originally Posted by fresh2323

mad.gif
mad.gif
you serious? well, if that's the case, Varsity Red wins. I can't rock shoes that look pinkish
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom