Information Technology (IT)

I posted this in the programming thread but it seems dead compared to this one. Udemy has most of their courses for $10 and the deal expires tomorrow at midnight. Good for anyone that wants to look into new courses.

Been a devops engineer for about a year now, almost done with my WGU IT Sec degree...Failed CCNA Sec twice smh, working on that now...been using cisco VIRL for it, really good stuff. Keep it up y'all :smokin

I absolutely love it. I went to school to become a DBA and it's everything I hoped it would be, and more. It's a chore setting up any database structure, and I had those same struggles :lol:. If you seriously want to try to get into it again, I'd recommend checking out 2 Day DBA - it's kind of a guide that will show you how to set up, log in, and begin experimenting on your own database instance. All you have to do is create a free account on Oracle's website and you can use just about all of their software for free, as long as it's for learning/non-commercial purposes. Guide can be found here: https://docs.oracle.com/database/122/ADMQS/toc.htm
QA can be a great place to start in IT. Your experience will depend on your agency's structure - some QA departments are siloed and literally only deal with the same kind of stuff every day, whereas others will offer you a more diversified work load. It's an excellent job if you want to go down the Analyst path more so than the programming/hardware ones.

One thing about QA, many orgs and eventually most orgs are looking to automate as much as possible and anything that cant be automated they outsource.

I posted this in the programming thread but it seems dead compared to this one. Udemy has most of their courses for $10 and the deal expires tomorrow at midnight. Good for anyone that wants to look into new courses.

Just signed up for a few courses..thx

Repped, just signed up for two ccent courses.

So my dudes, ya boy just got let go from the gig, if y'all got some contacts out in the A it'd be a blessing. I listed my skills a couple pages back. Mainly looking for NOC, Net Admin gigs ideally

In this meanwhile I have no excuses not to cert up at least. I got a workable severance package.

So my dudes, ya boy just got let go from the gig, if y'all got some contacts out in the A it'd be a blessing. I listed my skills a couple pages back. Mainly looking for NOC, Net Admin gigs ideally

In this meanwhile I have no excuses not to cert up at least. I got a workable severance package.
I wish they would of told you yesterday while the udemy deal was still popping. Sorry and best wishes b. :smh:

You have any preference of what area in the A?

Are udemy videos available at all times after purchase?

I was going to buy a few courses while they were cheap.

For those that cooked on the $10 Udemy deal, I just got an email from them saying I can cop another course for $19. Check your emails.

Are udemy videos available at all times after purchase?

I was going to buy a few courses while they were cheap.

The videos are supposed to be available for life once you buy them.

Last edited:
Passed the CISM exam from this past December. Another one!

Repped, I passed CISA. Going for that CRISC, CHFI and CASP then fast tracking that WGU M$ just in case I want to fall back on this cyber security thing. I prefer networking and making things work. But cyber security blowing up. Thanks Russia, China, Annon and NSA lol.

Back
Top Bottom