INT'L FRIENDLY: ENGLAND VS. USA

US looked pretty awful out there. I've been expecting good things out of Bradley (the player) after seeing him dominate in the Dutch Eredivisie, but he washorrendous out there. Why can't the US develop any decent skill players? Their touch and control is sorely lacking.

It is such a big difference when players on good teams are pressured, they can maintain possession and lead an attack. On the US squad, as soon as someone iswithin 5 yards, let alone applying actual pressure, they just clear the ball away not accomplishing anything.

I'm starting to wonder if any players will develop who are strong on the ball. Plenty of players at least playing in Europe, but no one who looks like aworld class player...

Originally Posted by CTk1ng

Too bad the United States don't have Landon to take his signature penalty kick.

yeah whenever hes swan diving all over the place
smh.gif
smh.gif
Hate that dude, he will always be a nobody cuz he couldnt hack it in europe

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Originally Posted by EFIL 4 REKAL

Carlos Tevez, the NT'er, is French-Canadian. His government name is Simone.

To the other dude who said "si" I watch soccer so I know Carlos Teves is from Argentina, so yeah I was referring to the NTer. He's really Canadian?

he is indeed Canadian, i bought off him once. On an unrelated note, I used to live in Canada though
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

To the other dude who said "si" I watch soccer so I know Carlos Teves is from Argentina, so yeah I was referring to the NTer. He's really Canadian?

he is indeed Canadian, i bought off him once. On an unrelated note, I used to live in Canada though
laugh.gif

So this same dude who talks so much %$@% about other national teams sucking..The same one who talks about all these players sucking, is Canadian?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

So this same dude who talks so much %$@% about other national teams sucking..The same one who talks about all these players sucking, is Canadian?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

That's a really stupid point to make... Him being Canadian doesn't mean he can't criticize football, I mean, if it was really like that, Icould just quote everyone and post "LOL." and justify it with my being Brazilian. The truth, most national teams do sort of suck... especially whencompared with the clubs from which the players come from.

Originally Posted by PlatinumFunk

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

That's a really stupid point to make... Him being Canadian doesn't mean he can't criticize football, I mean, if it was really like that, I could just quote everyone and post "LOL." and justify it with my being Brazilian. The truth, most national teams do sort of suck... especially when compared with the clubs from which the players come from.

Ok, maybe as far as him criticizing players I agree. But as far as national teams go, he acts as if he is from the land of the soccer gods. Him saying theUS or England sucks is like an owner of a Geo Metro saying BMWs suck.

So England fans, whats your take on the midfield following last night's game?

Bentley doesn't seem to have it yet, so I'm staying with Becks for now... Hargreaves looked solid in the holding-midfield role... then theres the issueof Gerrard, Lamps, Joe Cole and Barry fighting for 2 spots... Gerrard in the middle with Joe Cole on the left? or Gerrard floating in the left with Barry inthe middle? or Barry on the left? either way, Lamps just didn't look comfortable/effective...

laugh.gif
I should sue you for defamation of character. How dare you callme French?

This is why I never take Laker 4 Life seriously, he's the only person on the planet that thinks Lampard is better than Gerrard. Lampard isn't evendumb enough to think he's better than Gerrard.

I'm not Argentinian but I do live in Toronto.
Ok, maybe as far as him criticizing players I agree. But as far as national teams go, he acts as if he is from the land of the soccer gods. Him saying the US or England sucks is like an owner of a Geo Metro saying BMWs suck.
So what, it's my opinion? I try to be as unbiased as possible when watching soccer, first and foremost I watch soccer to be entertained. England and the US are dreadful to watch. I have no affiliation at all to Italy, France, Argentina, Spain, Portugal, Brazil, Holland, Germany etc. but I lovewatching these teams play because they are full of talented and skilled players. While England and the U.S. have several talented players they bore you todeath with their style of play.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

laugh.gif
I should sue you for defamation of character. How dare you call me French?

This is why I never take Laker 4 Life seriously, he's the only person on the planet that thinks Lampard is better than Gerrard. Lampard isn't even dumb enough to think he's better than Gerrard.

I'm not Argentinian but I do live in Toronto.
Ok, maybe as far as him criticizing players I agree. But as far as national teams go, he acts as if he is from the land of the soccer gods. Him saying the US or England sucks is like an owner of a Geo Metro saying BMWs suck.
So what, it's my opinion? I try to be as unbiased as possible when watching soccer, first and foremost I watch soccer to be entertained. England and the US are dreadful to watch. I have no affiliation at all to Italy, France, Argentina, Spain, Portugal, Brazil, Holland, Germany etc. but I love watching these teams play because they are full of talented and skilled players. While England and the U.S. have several talented players they bore you to death with their style of play.

Well I do agree with you about the USNT
sick.gif

Vamos Mexico!!

So you are Canadian, just not a French Canadian?

Back
Top Bottom