Investing/Stocks 101

I want to start investing some funds, any good books or sites to learn about stocks and bonds?
Spoiler [+]
wall street money never sleeps was 
pimp.gif

I want to start investing some funds, any good books or sites to learn about stocks and bonds?
Spoiler [+]
wall street money never sleeps was 
pimp.gif

i was just thinking about this too. i got a little bit of extra money from work. i know they got that stock investing for dummies book but i have no clue how valid those books actually are.

i was just thinking about this too. i got a little bit of extra money from work. i know they got that stock investing for dummies book but i have no clue how valid those books actually are.

The Winning Investor podcast is pretty good for beginning investors.  Investopedia, Fool.com, and Morningstar are also great sites for looking for pointers on terms and funds.

If you're looking to invest, it should ideally be for a long period of time (5+ years) to ride out the instability of the market.  "Get rich quick schemes" typically end up putting you in a poor position because you more than likely will sell when it's down due to the volatility. 

The Winning Investor podcast is pretty good for beginning investors.  Investopedia, Fool.com, and Morningstar are also great sites for looking for pointers on terms and funds.

If you're looking to invest, it should ideally be for a long period of time (5+ years) to ride out the instability of the market.  "Get rich quick schemes" typically end up putting you in a poor position because you more than likely will sell when it's down due to the volatility. 

To be honest bro, I think it's something you really have to learn for yourself through taking risks and observing other people's failures. If reading about stocks and getting such info was easy, everyone would be rich.

To be honest bro, I think it's something you really have to learn for yourself through taking risks and observing other people's failures. If reading about stocks and getting such info was easy, everyone would be rich.

Originally Posted by WiLLMaTiC

This. You have to make yourself enjoy business and finance if you want to make money. PM me if you need someone to point you in the right direction

Originally Posted by WiLLMaTiC

This. You have to make yourself enjoy business and finance if you want to make money. PM me if you need someone to point you in the right direction

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Read The Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham and avoid FoxNews.

Thanks for the advice everyone, picked this book up today bout to start reading in a bit.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Read The Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham and avoid FoxNews.

Thanks for the advice everyone, picked this book up today bout to start reading in a bit.

in a couple years, once i get my money right again i'm going to be investing in green technology. it's the future, oil will run out.

in a couple years, once i get my money right again i'm going to be investing in green technology. it's the future, oil will run out.

Back
Top Bottom