iPad Mini Thread vol. Every Inch an iPad

Me and the wife just copped the 16gb iPad Mimi last night. Might I say I like the compact size and weight

Plus it'll be something to use for the baby when they watch Mickey Mouse clubhouse :lol: :smile:

Yeah, I really like the size. My mom has a regular ipad and it feels huge and unwieldy. Mine goes in my pocket and is a nicer size to hold and read.

Big enough to work on too - I just want to get a Bluetooth keyboard.

Yeah, I really like the size. My mom has a regular ipad and it feels huge and unwieldy. Mine goes in my pocket and is a nicer size to hold and read.

Big enough to work on too - I just want to get a Bluetooth keyboard.

Yeah, the other ones were just too big to carry around.

Ipad Mini is the best.. its definitely what Steve Jobs envisioned when he came up with the iphone/pad concept.. PERFECT size.

Got an otterbox.. just throw it in my backback or back seat and I'm good
The defender on the mini is SO perfect
pimp.gif

Having it double as a stand is just the perfect case.
exactly lol.. it is literally a perfect device with that.. MBP(which Im about to have thanks to your help) Ipad mini and Galaxy s4.. perfect three for my life

Just got a 32gb black mini last weekend and I couldn't be more satisfied with it! This thing is awesome. Was gonna hold out for the new mini that'll come out eventually but this will do just fine for me.

Just got a 32gb black mini last weekend and I couldn't be more satisfied with it! This thing is awesome. Was gonna hold out for the new mini that'll come out eventually but this will do just fine for me.
Ive used a ipad 2 for work.. bought an ipad 3 for school.. and then got the mini as a gift.. the mini is perfection.. technological perfection lol.. Im not even a nerd like that but it is just so awesome.

Anyone have info on when the new IPAD is releasing?

I want to buy one but if one is coming out soon then Id rather wait

Quick school me on ipad mini vs ipad mini with retina display. Will my kids care ages 6-11 or will I notice for average websurfing, email, games, etc... First dip into Ipads here, so pardon the ignorance.

Thanks in advance

If it's your first iPad, then no, you won't notice it. But regardless, the screen on the mini isn't that bad. If you can, I'd suggest grabbing the retina model since it is the latest and will hold its value better.

Quick school me on ipad mini vs ipad mini with retina display. Will my kids care ages 6-11 or will I notice for average websurfing, email, games, etc... First dip into Ipads here, so pardon the ignorance.

Thanks in advance

Depends on the price. If you can get the ipad mini right now for 50% off the current retina price I'd say yes get the old one. If not the retina might be a better investment long term.

Ended up getting my oldest a surface tablet since he wanted a keyboard and word processing, an Ipad 2 for the two middle kids, and a mini ( no retina ) for the little two. Wondering now if all Hell is gonna break loose because there are only 3 devices for 5 kids. Seems excessive even at that, but I have a feeling whatever they don't have they will want ( typical right ). My cheap a$% still uses a HP laptop circa 2006 or 7, so I really don't care, but I am wondering if myself or the wife would be that blown away by a mini( w/retina) that we should just grab one now or wait until price drops and eventually ditch laptops altogether? Do most of you with pads still need your laptops additionally or made the transition over to the Ipad.

^

You'll be waiting for a long time. Price won't be dropping anytime soon.

As far as being able to ditch your laptop, it'll depend on what you use your laptop for. If all you do is browse the web and check your email, then the iPad can def replace it. Just get the case with the keyboard to make typing easier.

^

You'll be waiting for a long time. Price won't be dropping anytime soon.

As far as being able to ditch your laptop, it'll depend on what you use your laptop for. If all you do is browse the web and check your email, then the iPad can def replace it. Just get the case with the keyboard to make typing easier.

Haha ditch your laptop? Don't make me laugh. A table will NEVER be able to replace a laptop. You will not work as efficiently as you can with a laptop.

I use my iPad for travel. Since I travel a lot, it's useful. Don't just buy a tablet because it's more convenient to take to bed. You shouldn't even take anything to bed.

They keyboards suck. You have to charge BOTH the iPad and the keyboard, and charging them both is a hassle. Especially if you use the keybards a lot.

I found a logitech keyboard when I was traveling via airplane and hell I took the thing. It was $60 online and I'd been wanting to get one for a while. It was one of the best keyboards but it still wasn't enough.

There's a difference between the two that the iPad/any other table won't be able to replace.

^^^ appreciate it guys. Gonna just sit it out until my laptop dies. Then figure out what best next step is. In the meantime, I am sure I can test out these newer devices in the next few months when my kids are asleep. Can already tell that the surface isn't as "app friendly" as an android or apple deal, but it does have some additional upside the others don't. Its not half bad and for 2 bills, cant complain.

Back
Top Bottom