iPod Touch Owners come in... a few quick questions.

I would search google but i like you dudes better
laugh.gif
anyways, I'm thinking aboutcopping the new 2G touch but i don't know if it will be worth it. are these one of those little gadgets that keep your attention for a week or so then gointo your drawer never to see light again? or is it actually fun to mess around with and use? also, what about battery life? if this joint only stays chargedfor like 2 hours like i've heard then
tired.gif
smh.gif
. can someone clarify on this? and what the hell is jailbreaking? thanks

Invest your money on the Touch, it's worth it. The only way it will go into your drawer and never see light is by your doing. It won't make it'sway there, because it's very fun to use.

you know what i hate? when you have a song playing and you tilt it a little and it goes to the album art slide thing and when you want to change the song,sometimes you cant even hold it upright to change it back, you have to press the home screen and go back

1.) I own the first generation one and it's pretty much the same as the second generation except mine is fatter. So overall style-wise, the Touch is prettysolid.
2.) I use it a lot, especially when I have long classes, so I just go on my school's wifi. The internet is exceptional and you get what you expect for sucha small device.
3.) The battery life only last for two hours if you use the wifi on it. However, if you only listen to music only, you'll get 12+ hours (rough estimate).
4.) Jailbreaking allows your Touch or iPhone to install and upgrade programs and games for free. Don't ask how to jailbreak on this site, you might get introuble.
5.) I have some picky details I don't like about the Touch, the tilting feature needs to be fixed when you play music. They need to add the playcountfeature when you sync it for iTunes.
6.) Overall, I'd give this piece of technology a solid 8/10.

Originally Posted by CamRon Giles

you know what i hate? when you have a song playing and you tilt it a little and it goes to the album art slide thing and when you want to change the song, sometimes you cant even hold it upright to change it back, you have to press the home screen and go back

You don't have the settings that if you press the home button twice it'll bring up a lil screen that will let you change the song? I have this on myiphone... but also when that happens with the slide thing just tilt it towards you and see if that will make it go back to normal, that's what I do.

The new one has a speaker; the old one doesn't.

As far as being something to keep you busy, there are plenty of apps that will suit your fancy. Even more with the speaker.

That being said, I really don't mess with the apps (I have the old one). It's a great music player and web browser.

Also, if you know you'll have access to WiFi the majority of the time you'll be using it, definitely purchase it. Safari is awesome.

I'm debating if I should get an 8gb or a 16gb for my girl. I know she does not even have more than 8gb worth of music but you know down the line she may.She could even take the ones she doesn't listen to off if it full up.

Get the 16 gb if possible. The Itouch will keep you entertained. Between the internet, checking email, apps (alot of good free ones), music, and movies, its areally good device.

go to Best Buy, and buy a 16gb 1st Gen. They are on sale for $229.99....same price as a 8gb 2nd Gen...much better deal

I wish I waited. Got the 16gb on release and now the 32 is the same price
smh.gif
frown.gif
. I have to delete !*+! everytime I want to add something
laugh.gif
smh.gif

i dont think you can jailbreak the 2nd gen ipod touch

jailbroken ipods and iphones make them worth more than what you paid...

it is the SLOWEST syncing ipod ive ever had

other than that and the heavy price tag, its def worth it. i was planning on picking up the new one myself and handing my current one to my little brother.

I am also interested in getting one for christmas. i am afraid though that apple will release a new one in like 3 months. does anyone know if apple is workingon any new ipods?or is it safe to get the newest model now.? thanks

To keep the screen from tilting (switching) press the home button to go to the home screen, from the home screen, press the home button twice and a littlemusic player menu plays over the home screen and it's locked in (no switching)

Very useful in the car

First Gen > Second Gen

Jailbroken > Un-Jailbroken

The Dev Team, people who make jailbreak software, is not looking to in jailbreak the 2g in the near future.

You cannot buy 1st gen in store though, only online.

Look at the Apple Refub Store for good deals.

I have both the 1st gen Ipod Touch and the 4th gen Ipod Nano.

If you're mainly into music, get the new Nano. (Battery life is
pimp.gif
)
If you're more into movies and tv shows, get the Touch.

When I go to work I usually find myself bringing the Touch just so I can watch tv shows....keeps me entertained. But I had to buy a Kensington battery pack(was about $50) just cause the battery life is crap-city.
kensington-iphone-ipod-battery-packs-with-charger-mini.jpg

Kensington Mini Battery Pack and Charger for iPhone and iPod Features:
  • Power and charge your iPhone or iPod
  • Extends play time up to 30 hours of music; 6 hours of video; 3 hours of talk
  • Includes retractable USB charging cable to recharge battery pack
  • High-capacity, rechargeable lithium-ion polymer battery pack for increased energy efficiency
  • Small enough to keep connected to your iPhone or iPod
  • LED battery meter displays remaining power level
Ideal for those for whom life without their iPod/iPhone is simply unthinkable (sometime just looking at them just isn't enough), the Kensington iPod/iPhone battery packs with chargers retail for around $50 and $70 for the mini and standard model respectively.

I bought the 32gig Touch and i like it. The thing i like most is listening to music in my car with the auxiliary port.

Back
Top Bottom