IPOD(warranty)

Hello fellow N'tiers, just wanna ask ano covered ng warranty ng IPOD? My Ipod is from Japan and i want to know if i can still use the warranty here in PI?thanks guys for the replies...

yeah from what i know all ipods are covered by international warranty.

and speaking of international warranty, i would just want to share my experience with sony phil. last october i bought a sony vaio from hong kong,unfortunately one of its keys broke, i know its just a minor damage but having an oc attitude in me i went to sony to have it repaired since i saw in sonyshops that they do sell the exact same model as mine, but when i asked the SA at the service center she told me that sony phil doesnt repair units boughtoutside the country/abroad which i think is bull**** and is stupid. one of the reasons why people buy products from international companies is because of itsdependability and after sales service. what sony phil is doing is just plain stupid. and from what i know companies earn a lot out of servicing their productssince they charge an arm and a leg for their so called "ORIGINAL spare parts"

now i'm thinking of going to hong kong to have it serviced which is too much of a hassle. btw, does anyone here know someone from sony phil that can helpme with my problem? i only need the clip that keeps the key and the board intact.

Originally Posted by lbj19

yeah from what i know all ipods are covered by international warranty.

and speaking of international warranty, i would just want to share my experience with sony phil. last october i bought a sony vaio from hong kong, unfortunately one of its keys broke, i know its just a minor damage but having an oc attitude in me i went to sony to have it repaired since i saw in sony shops that they do sell the exact same model as mine, but when i asked the SA at the service center she told me that sony phil doesnt repair units bought outside the country/abroad which i think is bull**** and is stupid. one of the reasons why people buy products from international companies is because of its dependability and after sales service. what sony phil is doing is just plain stupid. and from what i know companies earn a lot out of servicing their products since they charge an arm and a leg for their so called "ORIGINAL spare parts"

now i'm thinking of going to hong kong to have it serviced which is too much of a hassle. btw, does anyone here know someone from sony phil that can help me with my problem? i only need the clip that keeps the key and the board intact.

Theres this one store in Cyberzone SM North Edsa just beside Mc.Donalds, they repair all kinds of laptops...

My experience with apple here in the phils is kinda weird. but anyways, it is covered as long as the ipod is still under the warranty. But sometimes, theywant to see the receipt. its not like in other countries where when its an apple product, they'll just check it out no questions asked.

I get all my apple products in hk via hookup and he always sends me the receipt with the products just in case its needs to be serviced, as to not haveproblems or delays with the servicing.

As for the sony dude, i don't know sony here. but i think the sony showrooms that sell sony products are different from the sony service centers. I thinkyou'd have to look for a place that is a credited sony service center to avail your warranty. The SAs at the showrooms are all idiots.. you go and askabout their products and you'd walk out stupider than you went in with all the bull that they throw around to make the sale. IMO at least.

^agree!! with you pareng ntyce, they will not entertained you especially when you're wearing your home clothes...

with regards to the sony thing, i already went to the service center itself in bacobo manila, and they told me that they only repair products bought in thephil. weird and stupid since they have the same exact product at their showrooms. also called the customer service and same response.........

Grabe pala tibay ng Ipod Touch, me 8gb kasi ung kablock ko sa college nabagsak niya nung pagbaba niya ng FX tapos dinaanan pa ng FX ung ipod touch pero mecover naman ung see-through na crystal case naging sira lang nawala ung backlight!

Pede pa ba ipagawa un? Under warranty pa din ba un ng Pinas kasi padala lang un eh lang box la din ata resibo?

Back
Top Bottom