Is $18k too much for a 1996 Impala SS?

Originally Posted by sillyputty

wpid-True-words-of-wisdom.jpg

OP...no offense, but I really wonder what else you spend your money on. 
I love this car and hope to own one one day
Reading is fundamental. I invest most of my money into my business though.

If I had money to blow, I'd buy it with no questions asked. I aint ballin right now. Just wanted to see everyones opinion.

And to everyone suggesting Lexus & BMW's --> 
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Triple Homicide

wpid-True-words-of-wisdom.jpg

OP...no offense, but I really wonder what else you spend your money on. 
I love this car and hope to own one one day
Reading is fundamental. I invest most of my money into my business though.
Eighteen Thousand Dollars? 
grin.gif

Of course YOU would be in another man's pockets.
eyes.gif
30t6p3b.gif

"Let that %%*#$ breathe!"

Originally Posted by HARM

*#%### drop 5k on and some nike moon boots scoffing at an American classic
laugh.gif

Goes to Show you how outta element %#$$*@ is once u remove em from da sneakerWorld..

Originally Posted by HARM

Originally Posted by skills

Don't confuse the Imp with the Caprice. Throw some IROCS on an Imp
pimp.gif
 Not mine. 

CRUSHING.

pimp.gif
So clean, so Stunning and just a perfect big body whip. Boy what I would do to own one...

im from memphis,tn and every typical black dude always say the 96 impala is my dream car smh. The 96 impala is like a lambo to hood dudes.Im not saying that you are that type of dude because you might really be into cars but the 96 impala has to be one of the most overrated car i ever seen. the caprice looks just like it and the look of the car is dull as hell. just like sneakers you make it limited or its hard to find and everyone wants it. there are so many other classic cars that are better than the 96 impala but if thats what you want then its all good but for that price....... NO.

Originally Posted by Young Christin

im from memphis,tn and every typical black dude always say the 96 impala is my dream car smh. The 96 impala is like a lambo to hood dudes.Im not saying that you are that type of dude because you might really be into cars but the 96 impala has to be one of the most overrated car i ever seen. the caprice looks just like it and the look of the car is dull as hell. just like sneakers you make it limited or its hard to find and everyone wants it. there are so many other classic cars that are better than the 96 impala but if thats what you want then its all good but for that price....... NO.
so a RWD b body chevy that had a corvette LT1 engine with performance that was awesome at da time "overated"?
grin.gif
laugh.gif

da opinions of alot of ya non car guys is so off base its hilarious...

da car only has 27k miles....its 16 years old, thats pretty much deadstock when it comes to kicks lingo.

chevy hasn't made a RWD sedan for public consumption since 96....

Lmao @ people downing a car because hood dudes want it.....so everything so called hood dudes dream about is trash ? This is a car you love or you don't know $&@! About.. I'm not into foreign cars at all but I don't down talk em because I don't know nothing about em or because I don't like em.. I seen these cars go for up to 28k for the last couple of years with low mileage ... Kinda like payin more fora ds 15 year old Jordan, retro is cheaper but you want the og's ..Your gonna pay more for what you want..Like ninjahood said , Chevy hasn't made nothing like this since 96 !

Originally Posted by ninjahood

so a RWD b body chevy that had a corvette LT1 engine with performance that was awesome at da time "overated"?
grin.gif
laugh.gif

da car only has 27k miles....its 16 years old, thats pretty much deadstock when it comes to kicks lingo.

i know that the car can perform but i was talking from an exterior point of view. so if a vw beetle had a vette engine in it would you still want it??? imo opinion no because it looks lame as hell and ugly. i know the impala is a car with lots of power but it looks like crap. just my opinion
im just saying i would buy a better looking classic muscle car

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

only on a sneaker forum will be hate on a person trying to buy there holy grail of cars..

the irony yo...

laugh.gif
TOO much irony.

Originally Posted by milkladder

grin.gif
laugh.gif

i know that the car can perform but i was talking from an exterior point of view. so if a vw beetle had a vette engine in it would you still want it??? imo opinion no because it looks lame as hell and ugly. i know the impala is a car with lots of power but it looks like crap. just my opinion
umm yea.

ya really gotta look at da cars that were out in 96 if you saying this impala looks like "crap", it was definitely one of da best if not da best sedan america had to offer from da big 3.

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

only on a sneaker forum will be hate on a person trying to buy there holy grail of cars..

the irony yo...

Too much real life.
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

its a lil pricey..but if its only 27k and its all matching numbers, it might be worth that much....tell you what, you gonna be bossin anyone around you
pimp.gif

dont come around me !! *you gonna be bossin anyone around you*ya if u hang with ninjahood in his youtube video room full of shoes ud be bossing everyone around you.real talk that car is def not the one that %%$! look just like the 90s cop cars .not compareabel i got a silverado vortex max with the 6.0 just so u guys dont think im walking and plenty of other whips !!

grin.gif
laugh.gif

umm yea.

ya really gotta look at da cars that were out in 96 if you saying this impala looks like "crap", it was definitely one of da best if not da best sedan america had to offer from da big 3.

* i wrote this not sure why its in the quote
ohwell.gif
its 2012 not 1996 blk dudes in the hood dont know any better then to love this car.i guess no one showed them a bmw or audi black guys make me laugh and im pretty dark skined

grin.gif
laugh.gif

exactly my point...it's obvioulsy not the look of the car, because people would be jumping on the caprice. the interior is just as atrocious as the exterior and it's obviously not the performance either, because like i said earlier it comes with a very unimpressive 230 hp and 7.2 0-60. 

i think a few notable people at some point in time said something about that car in songs, etc. and that's why everyone in the hood now loves this car and is willing to get raped on the price.

Originally Posted by PugLife

grin.gif
laugh.gif

exactly my point...it's obvioulsy not the look of the car, because people would be jumping on the caprice. the interior is just as atrocious as the exterior and it's obviously not the performance either, because like i said earlier it comes with a very unimpressive 230 hp and 7.2 0-60. 

i think a few notable people at some point in time said something about that car in songs, etc. and that's why everyone in the hood now loves this car and is willing to get raped on the price.
MOST of da classic muscle cars from da 70's people kiss da ground they run on did similar numbers....

what part of "its da last RWD big body chevy ever dropped" ya dont understand?
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
or that at da time it shared da same engine as da time period's corvette?

MOST of da classic muscle cars from da 70's people kiss da ground they run on did similar numbers....

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
cars from the 70's doing the same numbers as this car from 1996............................think about it fool.

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
cars from the 70's doing the same numbers as this car from 1996............................think about it fool.
yea, because da auto industry's performance wasn't like COMPLETELY decimated at da face of regulatory practices that after da oil crisis from da 70's and it took years for performance to bounce back
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

da more i speak to folks about car in here da more i realize +%@*#! just dunno $#+!.

Back
Top Bottom