Is anybody taking a break from EMPLOYMENT on here?

Random question, but is anybody on here taking a break from EMPLOYMENT on here?

You:

1) quit your job.
2) live off your savings.
3) do whatever you want to do everyday.

If you fit the above criteria, please share your story/situation!!

--------------------------
As for me, I quit my job recently (Sales Ops in Silicon Valley) after 18 months for several reasons and wanted to take sometime to re-evaluate what I want to do with my life. Planned on keeping my expenses low, but have burned through +$4K in two months
sick.gif
(my rent is only $275/mo too).

been doing that for a while now. its liberating, took a trip a couple months ago and chill all the time.

how is your rent only  275? and how do you blow through 4k in 2 months? you need to learn how to budget better

Dat be me but ive been on my interview grind. Worked at a company for 22 months and just quit in October. Living with the padres though ftl

livin off grants and loans.
I also blew through 4 g's in 2 months, well like 3 months.
My rent is also $275 #*+.

OP you're a biter

Rent $275 I wish. My rent along is 1200 and after phone,cable and Internet we looking at 1400-1500.

If my rent was that cheap I have a s550

But to get on topic you blowing too much of your savings. The longest I chilled with out work was like 4-5 months. I enjoyed it but with rent, child and buying so many damn kicks and electronics my savings took a hit. Now I just look at my savings as an emergency. It's back up to were it's suppose to be but I won't touch it unless something serious happens.

Have fun while it last

Don't see the how people take pride in doing this knowing their money's gonna run out soon. Props on not being one of those dudes that's broke and complains but refuses to get a job, know too many people like that

Been unemployed out of school for a 1.5 now. To be honest.... it got old after 5 months. Depressing after 8.

Originally Posted by 59 Piffy

been doing that for a while now. its liberating, took a trip a couple months ago and chill all the time.

how is your rent only  275? and how do you blow through 4k in 2 months? you need to learn how to budget better
Taking my chances living in East San Jose (straight up Norteno neighborhood)
smile.gif

got laid off my job in 2009, i went through a full 99 weeks of unemployment as i couldn't find anything that paid what i was making prior, it lasted me until may of this year.

it was kinda fun since i've been traveling alot lately and being able to enjoy life without being held down to a job while going to school.

i saved money from my unemployment checks and have done various side odd jobs and selling stuff on ebay to make a side income since then. i made sure to have enough set aside to pay off all my bills from may til the end of the year when my unemployment ran out.

once this semester ends, im going to go to new york for a few weeks to visit family and have fun and then when i get back to cali in late jan, im going to make it a priority to find a part time job that works with my school schedule and just save up $$$ to travel during the summer.

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

How do you know he has the same last name as you? Random as hell 
laugh.gif
the Chinese symbol (representing two trees) in his avatar, is the Chinese-American last name for Lam/Lum/Lim/Lin.

Including Jeremy Lin, that makes 3 of us
wink.gif

u

lol i fit this criteria!

just resigned from my job in august. basically boss lady was crossing moral lines for me that i wasnt down to cross and i came to hate the place that i worked as just about everyone hates it there too, thus does a #+!$!$ job, making it impossible to efficiently do my job.

i am chillin have money i've saved up, parents are happy i resigned, so i basically bounce back between LA and NY, but i'll be moving back to socal permanently bc #@*! winter, and its way damn cheaper.

however when i move back i'll be joining the workforce again, it is kinda boring w no job.

Back
Top Bottom