Is avoiding confrontation/fighting some one cowardly or more mature?

Going thru a lil internal conflict with myself at the moment...
Long story short, I was riding my bike and in the distance I saw some dude who stold about 150 from me like 8 months ago.

Part of me was telling myself to go approach him and get it popping, but second nature made me keep heading home and keep it moving cuz it wasn't worth it. Now I feel like a ***** for not doing nothing, smh but it wasn't like I was gonna get my $ back anyway. What are yalls thoughts?

I'm not a fighter. I think you made the right decision. Fighting that person would not have made your money reappear. Maybe you would've got beaten or killed. Or maybe you hurt that person and end up going to jail. The chance that you beat that person's butt, they return your money and nothing else comes from it is very slim.

There are a lot of overgrown children out here that feel the only way to make their point is by putting their hands on someone.

My $0.02

I dont really believe in karma like how does that eem work

From the 7 hermetic principals

6. The Principle of Cause and Effect

"Every Cause has its Effect; every Effect has its Cause;
everything happens according to Law; Chance is but a name
for Law not recognized; there are many planes of causation,
but nothing escapes the Law."--The Kybalion.

This Principle embodies the fact that there is a Cause for every Effect; an Effect from every Cause. It explains that: "Everything Happens according to Law"; that nothing ever "merely happens"; that there is no such thing as Chance; that while there are various planes of Cause and Effect, the higher dominating the lower planes, still nothing ever entirely escapes the Law. The Hermetists understand the art and methods of rising above the ordinary plane of Cause and Effect, to a certain degree, and by mentally rising to a higher plane they become Causers instead of Effects. The masses of people are carried along, obedient to environment; the wills and desires of others stronger than themselves; heredity; suggestion; and other outward causes moving them about like pawns on the Chessboard of Life. But the Masters, rising to the plane above, dominate their moods, characters, qualities, and powers, as well as the environment surrounding them, and become Movers instead of pawns. They help to PLAY THE GAME OF LIFE, instead of being played and moved about by other wills and environment. They USE the Principle instead of being its tools. The Masters obey the Causation of the higher planes, but they help to RULE on their own plane. In this statement there is condensed a wealth of Hermetic knowledge--let him read who can.

A lot of times people ask "if karma is real, then why don't the evil ones who dictate world affairs get their just do?"

It's that they understand this principle and they command others (military, police, politicians etc) to carry out unjust acts on their own accord absolving them from the karmic debt of said act because they themselves didn't do it. They got people who are ignorant to these laws to carry out the acts for which they will pay.

"Why do bad things happen to good people"

How do you know that person was truly good and that all of their endeavors in life were virtuous?

Not everything is so simple. Everybody swears they have this whole **** figured out when in reality you know nothing.

Last edited:
As with most things, doesn't it kind of depend?

Things rarely get resolved with fighting, but sometimes you're left with no choice. Ya know, if family is threatened by a persistent ******* and words aren't enough, then maybe yeah, a few knocks to the skull might need to happen, but I've found that as I get older, you have to realize the potential consequences of something like that. Back in the younger days, who cares, right? Fight and move on. Fast forward and you got a family and a great job, then is it really worth it? Unless it's a situation I mentioned before, I don't think it is.

Kind of on the same topic, but while I'm not afraid to fight, that's where the line stops and you never know what kind of nutcase is on the other end. Whether you win or lose "the fight" you never know if it's someone that has no problems pulling out a gun or some ****, which at that point...I'm out! That's truly what scares me. You can't flip people off on the road no more without the possibility they follow you with a loaded gun, just as you can't fight like the "old days" and let that be that and not have to worry about someone going psycho and pulling knives and junk.

That's my opinion and I probably put too much thought into it, but that's what age did to me. Made me think and think of all possible outcomes.

Last edited:
Y'all keep talking all these hypotheticals and situations, but the dude stole from him. You gotta address that **** in some way. At the very,very least ask him about it. Unless you truly don't care...But he clearly does, especially if you thinking about it after the fact. That shows you feel some type a way about it.

laugh.gif
there was a situation where I was framed for a robbery...charges weren't filed luckily...the dude that did it got his house ran sacked for everything after that....I think thats karma

Last edited:
From the 7 hermetic principals

6. The Principle of Cause and Effect

"Every Cause has its Effect; every Effect has its Cause;
everything happens according to Law; Chance is but a name
for Law not recognized; there are many planes of causation,
but nothing escapes the Law."--The Kybalion.

This Principle embodies the fact that there is a Cause for every Effect; an Effect from every Cause. It explains that: "Everything Happens according to Law"; that nothing ever "merely happens"; that there is no such thing as Chance; that while there are various planes of Cause and Effect, the higher dominating the lower planes, still nothing ever entirely escapes the Law. The Hermetists understand the art and methods of rising above the ordinary plane of Cause and Effect, to a certain degree, and by mentally rising to a higher plane they become Causers instead of Effects. The masses of people are carried along, obedient to environment; the wills and desires of others stronger than themselves; heredity; suggestion; and other outward causes moving them about like pawns on the Chessboard of Life. But the Masters, rising to the plane above, dominate their moods, characters, qualities, and powers, as well as the environment surrounding them, and become Movers instead of pawns. They help to PLAY THE GAME OF LIFE, instead of being played and moved about by other wills and environment. They USE the Principle instead of being its tools. The Masters obey the Causation of the higher planes, but they help to RULE on their own plane. In this statement there is condensed a wealth of Hermetic knowledge--let him read who can.

A lot of times people ask "if karma is real, then why don't the evil ones who dictate world affairs get their just do?"

It's that they understand this principle and they command others (military, police, politicians etc) to carry out unjust acts on their own accord absolving them from the karmic debt of said act because they themselves didn't do it. They got people who are ignorant to these laws to carry out the acts for which they will pay.

"Why do bad things happen to good people"

How do you know that person was truly good and that all of their endeavors in life were virtuous?

Not everything is so simple. Everybody swears they have this whole **** figured out when in reality you know nothing.

Was this posted to be serious?

there was a situation where I was framed for a robbery...charges weren't filed luckily...the dude that did it got his house ran sacked for everything after that....I think thats karma
Those are two separate incidents where you're choosing to attribute one thing to the next.

If karma was real at least half of the bad things that happen to you in life are things you deserved. Think about it.

Then there's stuff like ppl being wrongly imprisoned and then dying. They either deserved that for something they did prior or that situation is okay because the person that really did the crime or the ppl that wrongly convicted you will all get cancer and die. That still ignores the being imprisoned part.

It all depends on how you look at it. I take logical approaches to most things, but I definitely believe in karma and putting out good energy and positive vibes. Doing good things for people and becoming a better person because when you radiate positive energy and contribute good things to the world, the world gives back to you. That's in a general, vague sense of course. But it's to say that if you're the kind of person that's friendly to everyone, goes out their way for people, contributes positives things to the groups you're a part of, then in return you'll find people returning the favor or sending that back to you. Same goes for negativity. You put that out, you'll get it back. Rude to everyone, they're rude back. Miserable, cynical outlooks will drive miserable, cynical actions and leading to poor life results.

Karma is very real. You can look at it as just cause and effect, but I choose to look at it as good produces more good and bad produces more bad. One can't produce more of the other.

Thread is comedy. Stold, 2nd reply, dudes believing in karma........

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom