is big k.r.i.t one of the g.o.a.t (serious questions)

Fam ain't even dropped the album yet. Just some dope #$# mixtapes.

That was the case, a lot of G.O.A.T's will be walking around.

Time and quality is the key..

Him and Kendrick are on another level right now...

...but GOAT
roll.gif
they both got a long way

In the last two years K.R.I.T has solidified his spot as one of MY favorite rappers EVER. I feel like if I had a twin brother that was a rapper, it'd be him cuz I relate to his music like non other. Country *+*%! that just keep it one hunnid.

With that said though, he got a LONG way to go before he can be considered the G.O.A.T. If he's the G.O.A.T then all his predecessors that he got his style from (Pimp C, Bun, Ball & G, Kast, etc) should be considered rap gods...which to a lotta us Southerners they are but you get my point.

I don't think Krizzle has or even WANTS to have enough crossover appeal to be considered the G.O.A.T.(which ain't a bad thing). I mean could you see K.R.I.T. doing a Hypnotize type video or putting on a Kanye-esque tour wearing a skirt or a bunch of jewelry? I'm cool with the *+*%! staying in his lane and putting out classic albums till I just get too old to listen to rap lol.

- Preciate it.

Originally Posted by RedMan

Originally Posted by UHaveNoSole

LMAO wow really he haven't out in enough work to be considered top 10 as of now..op slow down bruh

Three great albums/mixtapes isn't enough to say he's top ten now? Name another artist who's last three pieces or work are close or better than krits last three?

Truth be told I hope he does music for a couple of years then he becomes the voice of black people. I think he should replace Al and Jessie.

I don't know about you NTers but I feel like Krit struggles between making songs like money on the floor and hometown hero. I feel like he wants to make more songs like hometown hero but those songs are too deep for the general public.

We live in a culture of ignorance and songs like hometown hero are over looked. I think hometown hero should have won best rap song at the Grammys.

With all that being said its too early to crown him the goat but give him a couple of years and maybe we can talk.
I absolutely agree with this. Deep songs don't get radio play and without radio play you don't sell.. I see the struggle you're talking about as well he got songs like Country Sh** then he got The Vent.

Originally Posted by Dimelo

I never even heard his material before.. He's not even on NYC radios, how can he be goat? NT music forum is a joke
This dude must be a troll 
laugh.gif
. One can't possibly be this ignorant.

As if most of the stuff played on NYC radio isnt complete trash.

Answer to question though: No.

He's definitely the best in the south right now.  
Hands down.

I don't know about one of the g.o.a.t.....yet.  But I wouldn't be surprised if 5 years we could say that with little debate

By the way, son's live shows are ILL.  Saw him when he was out here in DC last week, dude really put his all in that performance.

^ saw him in Norfolk, he killed that %**#.

Definitely in my top 2 as of right now

Biggie GOAT off of 2 albums? Defend yourselves.

He draws sounds from other Southern greats? Defend yourselves.

"he sounds like a bunch of old southern artists" = "I've never actually listened to any classic southern albums to know where KRIT got his influence from"

Originally Posted by Peep Game

"he sounds like a bunch of old southern artists" = "I've never actually listened to any classic southern albums to know where KRIT got his influence from"

no it means i grew up listening to all the artists he sounds like... if i wanna hear somebody who sounds like old ugk, outkast, or ball and g ill just listen to them

Like honestly what the #$*! is wrong with this Forum. A guy who has thre GOOD mixtapes not classic, not game changing, but three good mixtapes is being debated as one of the best EVER.. He's hands down the best in the south
laugh.gif
, Cole just vanished huh, T.I aint alive, Jeezy dead too huh, Not to mention all the *@$** who sound influenced every bar he spits
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

no it means i grew up listening to all the artists he sounds like... if i wanna hear somebody who sounds like old ugk, outkast, or ball and g ill just listen to them
What is somebody supposed to sound like who is influenced by those type of artists? He's still making very good music true to himself. You said he needs to
"true something different", when that's exactly he's doing. If you look at rap/hip hop as a whole, everybody is making overly sensitive cornball cry-me-a-river music.

He's basically going left-field, just like Common coming in in the middle of the gangsta/g-funk wave, and 50 coming out in the middle of a bunch of melodic/harmomizing

stuff (even though 50 eventually did the same). 

Originally Posted by tyisny

Like honestly what the #$*! is wrong with this Forum. A guy who has thre GOOD mixtapes not classic, not game changing, but three good mixtapes is being debated as one of the best EVER.. He's hands down the best in the south
laugh.gif
, Cole just vanished huh, T.I aint alive, Jeezy dead too huh, Not to mention all the *@$** who sound influenced every bar he spits
indifferent.gif
From the 1st or 2nd page:
Ace Rawstein wrote:
But "He not even Top Ten in the South"? 
roll.gif
...pass me whatever you on fam...

u cant even name 10 artists from the south that have released more heat than him in the last 3 years. u can exclude all the old heads and the new old head (the TI's Jeezy's Luda's)...their spots are solidified. Im talkin bout cats on the come up or in their beginning of their career...no more than 2 albums in. KRIT is def in the mix...how can u deny that?

Originally Posted by tyisny

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
j.cole= iight, still not same caliber as krit
t.i= hasnt brought any good to the table for a min.. and his best cd (king) is NO WHERE near the quality of any of krits stuff

jeezy= c'mon, i havent listened to tm 103 since i downloaded it... now trap or die, def classic material, still not touching krit was here or R4

his 3 releases EASILY outweighs these dudes whole entire catalog, easily. i cant tell you how many times i've replayed this dudes music front to back without skipping a single track, and this is all 3 of his releases

snoop is the only other person i can think of who's dropped back to back classic cd's with innumerable replay value (paid the cost, rhythm and gangsta, blue carpet treatment etc.)

even jay-z has had hit and misses with his catalog, from the looks of, i dont think krit will EVER have that problem

flame suit activated

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

What is somebody supposed to sound like who is influenced by those type of artists? He's still making very good music true to himself. You said he needs to
"true something different", when that's exactly he's doing. If you look at rap/hip hop as a whole, everybody is making overly sensitive cornball cry-me-a-river music.

He's basically going left-field, just like Common coming in in the middle of the gangsta/g-funk wave, and 50 coming out in the middle of a bunch of melodic/harmomizing

stuff (even though 50 eventually did the same). 

you arent supposed to sound exactly like your influences

Back
Top Bottom