Is Cali the way it seems in music videos and what not?

born and raised frisco till i was 19

lived in san jose for half a year

lived in LA for 3 years

back in sf for another half year

planning on moving to san diego (seems like the best of every cali city combined)

san francisco:

positives: you dont need to have a car (its actually more of a hassle than a convenience.. unless you live in the suburbs). people are straight up the nicest people here. theres alot of good places to eat, and the bar scene here is pretty dope. theres always something to do every day of the week. transportation is dope, get anywhere u want pretty easily too. the city is tiny.. worst case scenario just put on your headphones and get some exercise.

negatives: weather is terrible here. ***** always overcast and ugly as hell.  **** is too expensive(food/transportation/etc). rent is straight up DUMB. theres a place down the street renting A ROOM for 1500. a ROOM. wtf? The clubs here are the worst ive ever experienced in my LIFE. Its just straight up segregated. i know yall love the asians, and good luck gettin them if you ARENT asian. your success rate is hovering at 5-10%. parking in SF is terrible. Make sure you bring a stack of quarters to feed the meters.. sf has been gettin dirtier and dirtier every year it feels.. and the ghettoness is spreading like wild fire. my hood used to be cool, now ive been catchin prostitutes and bums sneaking by hood at night. smh.. oh and the girl-guy ratio here is probably the lowest ive ever seen ANYWHERE. its like 8 single guys for every single girl. not even exaggerating either. job opportunity here is terrible too. beaches here are terrible, although if you just want a great place to jog long distances, the beaches here are perfect for it.

san jose :

Positives:  if yall want the asians.. this is the city to prowl. they are more open minded over here. the clubs over here are mixed and the guy-girl ratio here is favorable, youll find some baddd mexicans/asians/black pretty much anything but white LOL. the weather here is amazing though. decent job opportunity,

negatives: is just too damn boring, cant walk anywhere. if you want to eat somethin good, youre ususally gonna drive 20 minutes. some of the night life here is pretty pricey.. but its doable. some areas are pretty damn ghetto too.

los angeles:

positives: the weather is here GREAT.. although it does get a little TOO hot if you live in the valley.. but you almost take it for granted how damn amazing the weather is. females everywhere(asians!). plenty to do, and decent-good job opportunity. good cheap food, and its LA so theres always a night life here. cost of living is actually pretty fair..

negatives: dirty/ghetto places. traffic is INSANE. i drove on highway 5 for a year with a stickshift honda.. oh my lord.. im a very calm person but sometimes i just wanted to drive on solid yellow line.. 19 mile commute was about 1.5 hrs. EACH WAY.

ive only been to san diego a couple times but from what i can see, it has good transportation, traffic is bad but not LA bad. it has great weather, great beaches and a good night life. rent doesnt seem too bad either. females are pretty chill too. again this is all my opinion, but im sure some people here will agree with me.

i personally feel like socal > norcal. if you can afford the norcal life, thats good. because you should take that money and live it UP in socal.

oh and lolsacramento. what a joke of a city.

Last edited:
I wanna move to cali. Wish I could afford it. be clutch if ford opened a plant there and I had to transfer. Even then, I doubt I could afford it...

Con - no black women in SF.
Slim pickings, you might have a better chance in the eastbay. But you can find black women, there's just not an over abundance of them. Also, we don't have too many Dominicans, Puerto Ricans, Cubans, or other Carribbean ethnicities because we're no where near those islands. We have more Pacific Islanders and Asians to fill their ranks.
lol are the asians and pac islanders providin the bangin bods along with the exotic look?

(bangin mean actual curves, not just a slim frame)

Slim pickings, you might have a better chance in the eastbay. But you can find black women, there's just not an over abundance of them. Also, we don't have too many Dominicans, Puerto Ricans, Cubans, or other Carribbean ethnicities because we're no where near those islands. We have more Pacific Islanders and Asians to fill their ranks.
Yea the fact is the African American population in California is very small. The black population in Northern California is even smaller. There are less black black people in the Bay Area than any other major metro area in the country by FAR.

If you're black this could easily be a negative for you.  If you're looking for real cities in California with any kind of decent sized black population you're basically limited to Oakland, Long Beach, Sacramento, Berkeley... If you really want to reach you could throw cities like San Benardino, Hayward, and Richmond in the mix, which just goes to show how far you have to reach. 

As for the Caribbean, true story, I didn't know anything of the Puerto Rican and Dominican contributions to U.S. culture until I got to NT. Never even met one. 
Forget the pac islanders, in the East Bay we got a lot of Samoans and Tongans, they tend be built like mack trucks. The Flipinas are cute but I don't find their frames to be anything to noteworthy. If you want to see built Asian girls come to Oakland, the Thais, Loatians, and Cambodians though. 
devil.gif

Last edited:

Yea the fact is the African American population in California is very small. The black population in Northern California is even smaller. There are less black black people in the Bay Area than any other major metro area in the country by FAR.

If you're black this could easily be a negative for you.  If you're looking for real cities in California with any kind of decent sized black population you're basically limited to Oakland, Long Beach, Sacramento, Berkeley... If you really want to reach you could throw cities like San Benardino, Hayward, and Richmond in the mix, which just goes to show how far you have to reach. 

As for the Caribbean, true story, I didn't know anything of the Puerto Rican and Dominican contributions to U.S. culture until I got to NT. Never even met one. 
Forget the pac islanders, in the East Bay we got a lot of Samoans and Tongans, they tend be built like mack trucks. The Flipinas are cute but I don't find their frames to be anything to noteworthy. If you want to see built Asian girls come to Oakland, the Thais, Loatians, and Cambodians though. 
devil.gif

lol im sure u "met" ninjahood before he left, and theres a nice little handful of dominicans that post (like ya boy)

but yea mane, is oakland nice? i been hearin its wild 

Yea man Ninjahood and domincan NTers and just the experiences of NY NTers in general are what clued me in. 

Oakland is a pretty amazing city.  Crime is an issue but other than that it's damn near perfect. 

It would be nice to live in SF for a few years and I'd really like to either go back to LA or go and live out in NY for a bit before I settle down but when it's time to raise a family Oakland and/or Berkeley is the only place for me. 

Last edited:
[thread="585807"] [/thread]
[thread="585807"]lol im sure u "met" ninjahood before he left, and theres a nice little handful of dominicans that post (like ya boy)[/thread]
[thread="585807"]but yea mane, is oakland nice? i been hearin its wild[/thread]

Yea man Ninjahood and domincan NTers and just the experiences NY NTers in general are what clued me in. 

Oakland is a pretty amazing city.  Would literally be perfect if it weren't for crime but even that issue is overblown by outsiders. 

It would be nice to live in SF for a few years and I'd really like to either go back to LA or go and live out in NY for a bit before I settle down but when it's time to raise a family Oakland and/or Berkeley is the only place for me. 
man oakland sucks
well not completely but not better than sf
no malls in oakland
u better not EVEN try to count eastmont as a mall
only a few EXCELLENT spots to eat
i mean upscale spots
yeah i love the taco trucks and mexicali rose and all that
but home of chicken and waffles aint the most nice place
everytime i actually wanna do something i gottta leave oakland and go to the surrounding cities

well not completely but not better than sf SF is a world class city and offers a completely different experience
no malls in oakland that's a negative?
u better not EVEN try to count eastmont as a mall LOL
only a few EXCELLENT spots to eat blatantly false
i mean upscale spots still false
everytime i actually wanna do something i gottta leave oakland and go to the surrounding cities
Sounds like you want to live in the city. If you want the big city experience of course Oakland isn't going to compare to a SF or NY.  We're a little more steady out here. 

There's not a single thing you have to leave Oakland for except high end shopping and the club scene/popping nightlife. 

Last edited:
[thread="585807"]man oakland sucks[/thread]
well not completely but not better than sf

u better not EVEN try to count eastmont as a mall 

Sounds like you want to live in the city. If you want the big city experience of course Oakland isn't going to compare to a SF or NY.

There's not a single thing you have to leave Oakland for except high end shopping and the club scene. 
honestly i was born and raised in the city even when i moved to oakland in my late teens i would still go back to the city
i mean dont get me wrong i do enjoy oakland
but u have to admit there isnt a lot of things to do in oakland.
u have to go to other cities to really enjoy the bay area
i think thats why crime is how it is
mind u it aint as bad as people make it seems but isnt really any better
maybe more museums or things of that nature
would help
:smh: not to mention how ghost town looks
i mean its gotten better in recent years but damn i hate going to the west

Last edited:
[thread="585807"]man oakland sucks[/thread]
well not completely but not better than sf SF is a world class city and offers a completely different experience

u better not EVEN try to count eastmont as a mall LOL

Sounds like you want to live in the city. If you want the big city experience of course Oakland isn't going to compare to a SF or NY.  We're a little more steady out here. 

There's not a single thing you have to leave Oakland for except high end shopping and the club scene/popping nightlife. 
going to old navy aint high end shopping
target aint high end shopping
neither of those are in oakland
only big retailer is walmart and the one on 73rd gotta be the most
ghetto'st walmart and thats saying something

would help
mean.gif
not to mention how ghost town looks
This doesn't make any sense. To enjoy Napa you'd have to go to Napa, to enjoy the coastal redwoods, you'd have to go the coast. The Bay Area has endless attractions of course many of them can't be enjoyed in Oakland. 

There are TONS of things to do in Oakland. If there weren't publications like the NY Times and Travel wouldn't be on our tip the past couple of years. 

Lol not hard to avoid ghost town. 
It's obvious you don't have any kind of feel for the city if you'd include places like Old Navy, Target, and Walmart as actual shopping destinations. 
laugh.gif

There's a reason why those kind of retailers hardly even exist in Oakland.

Last edited:
[thread="585807"]honestly i was born and raised in the city even when i moved to oakland in my late teens i would still go back to the city[/thread]

would help
:smh: not to mention how ghost town looks

This doesn't make any sense. To enjoy Napa you'd have to go to Napa, to enjoy the coastal redwoods, you'd have to go the coast. The Bay Area has endless attractions of course many of them can't be enjoyed in Oakland. 

There are TONS of things to do in Oakland. If there weren't publications like the NY Times and Travel wouldn't be on our tip the past couple of years. 

Lol not hard to avoid ghost town. 

[thread="585807"]going to old navy aint high end shopping[/thread]

It's obvious you don't have any kind of feel for the city if you'd include places like Old Navy, Target, and Walmart as actual shopping destinations. :lol:

There's a reason why those kind of retailers hardly even exist in Oakland.
man i know u riding hard for oakland but u know what i mean
for instance u u live in sf or san jose u HARDLY
ever would have to leave either city to do anything
in oakland its not the same
like said i enjoy oakland
but sf is better
IMO

Last edited:

Emeryville is basically north Oakland and Bay st. has a solid selection of stores

Emeryville is basically north Oakland and Bay st. has a solid selection of stores
true but its still emeryville and not oakland

Downtown oakland has always been a good time to me, everything is within a close vicinity .

SF is cool but expensive but the bar hopping is fun

I prefer the town to the city tho, thats me personally.

But I like the diversity of the Bay over LA.

People want to visit LA and I always have to remind people that , thats 5 hrs away lol

Back
Top Bottom