Is console gaming nearing it's end?

I've been thinking about buying either a wiiU or waiting for the xbox1 or ps4 for a while now with my little brother's birthday coming up soon.

But my thoughts, rather than leading me to making decision made me think that it was a giant waste of money.  Consoles have limited functionality outside of gaming, are pricey, their accessories are pricey, and computers on top having many of the same titles consoles, have easier web access and have tons more functions.

I may just buy him a laptop instead honestly.

What are your thoughts about console gaming?

Why would it be nearing its end?

If your brother likes playing console games.. then buy him a console.
If he likes playing PC games, buy him a PC.

Sup

**** microsoft and that xbox one
Get him a ps3 or 4

I don't think games on. Will be big as consoles you can't really compare

Sup

**** microsoft and that xbox one
Get him a ps3 or 4

I don't think games on. Will be big as consoles you can't really compare

I'm getting back into the console game. Took the last generation off. Leaning towards the PS4

nope I'll be buying the XBOX1 the moment it comes out. but I've purchased just about every console.

He likes playing both.  He doesn't have a preference either way.

I think it's nearing it's end because they are this point only improving on the same functions without much serious innovation.  Until they brake into virtual reality for reals (which very well may just be it's own thing entirely) they haven't much left to add on to.

When something that can play COD, Madden, NBA 2K, HALO, GTA etc. etc. replaces them.

Mobile gaming is completely separate from all of da

other markets.  Consoles cant die cause americans just

like to watch a big screen and lounge around.  Mobile 

gaming is called MOBILE for a reason b.  Take it with you,

not just for da crib.

It's not ending nor is it nearing its end. It just has more competition than it has in recent years. It's still as good as its always been. If your little brother doesn't like console games then don't get a console, see if he wants a PC or a tablet then just get him one of those.

IMO its all about PC, great games and mods for everything 8) :smokin

He likes playing both.  He doesn't have a preference either way.

I think it's nearing it's end because they are this point only improving on the same functions without much serious innovation.  Until they brake into virtual reality for reals (which very well may just be it's own thing entirely) they haven't much left to add on to.
He doesn't have certain games he'd rather play on one system or the other? For example my younger brother is always on Madden, NBA 2k, or COD. There's Skyrim and some PC games in the house but he doesn't really mess with them.

I see what you're saying about innovation. But there are always going to be people like my brother who enjoy playing console games, and will continue to for as long as they make them.

Someone made a good point, maybe you personally just outgrew consoles. I assume you've probably been following the video game market for 20+ years, of course it will start to seem stale to you after a while. But you could give a 4-year old kid an SNES right now and they would have a blast. It's not like the consoles we play now will get less fun just because newer stuff comes out. Even if they made virtual reality it would probably cost thousands of dollars and the average person would still just cop an Xbox 1 or PS4.

False.
Sure there are hackers but it very rarely effects online gaming. Most hackers get the axe very fast

Cosign.

I've been hearing a lot of people saying they are going to build a pc gaming rig. I'll be curious to see if a noticeable amount of people switch over from consoles.

IMO this E3 would of been the perfect time for Valve to unveil Steam Box but Valve isn't up to speed with sorting out the how, what and when. They could of made a killing if they did things right.

Last edited:
Cosign.

I've been hearing a lot of people saying they are going to build a pc gaming rig. I'll be curious to see if a noticeable amount of people switch over from consoles.

Barely have touched my consoles since I've built mine. I am planning on buying the PS4 though, no need for a Xbox.

I used to be a pretty big gamer when I was in elementary/middle school. got back into it a little bit in college. now i'll play once in a while if my friends are all getting on black ops or something.

that being said, my little cousins are ALWAYS online with all their friends. the gaming industry isn't dying just because you aren't as interested in it as you once were.

Back
Top Bottom