is food really killing us? vol. vegan

calorie restriction and life extension have such a high correlation that it's practically causality.

also, there's something in protein that increases our cells' nuclei sizes. smaller the nuclei, longer the life.

it's about finding that sweet spot where you can live a longer life, but also have quality.. cuz obviously if u just evade proteins then u'r just gonna be laying in bed old and unable to do anything.

Getting your parents to remove or switch out certain unhealthy things is a much more successful strategy then telling them to go whole vegan. Especially if you're not cooking for them because prepared vegan meals taste like sadness. If you really care about them, go workout and cook with them, don't just lob criticism from afar.

Anyone read it?

china_study_temp.JPG

water water , you can try but your parents have 50 years of experience doing things THEIR way. Good luck with changing them.

But keep trying, I guess.........
Yeah thats the thing. My parents still perceive my plant based diet and water fasting as unhealthy. I've been trying to educate them that you don't need meat or dairy. Got them to join a Facebook Group Forks Over Knives where a bunch of people share what they eat and weight loss journeys/how they've got off all of their meds in less than a year,etc. I think thats the best way to convince them so far, show other people around their age who have never been vegan and are still transitioning to a plant based diet after all of these years and seeing nothing but positive results.

Getting your parents to remove or switch out certain unhealthy things is a much more successful strategy then telling them to go whole vegan. Especially if you're not cooking for them because prepared vegan meals taste like sadness. If you really care about them, go workout and cook with them, don't just lob criticism from afar.

My dad was a chef for half of his life so he loves cooking, and spends most of his free time (he has a lot of free time) either in his garden with my mom planting fruits/veggies, watching the FoodTV channel or whatever food shows, or cooking. Problem is he also eats and wants to taste everything. He's a foodie. If he's not cooking for himself, he's going to a new restaurant, trying a new item at a fast-food place, new lays potato chips flavor, ect. Also all of the food he cooks he cooks too much of it. Always has leftovers and either eats it himself or just ends up tossing. He has been cooking more plant based dishes since I got him to join that Facebook group like I mentioned above, but its still not enough. He says he wants to lose weight and I'm showing him how through diet but he still not taking action. I guess I'll talk to them this weekend and just have them transition slowly rather than go straight into it.

Telling you from experience, not worth your stress man. I had to bury my father after 15+ years of trying to convince him to do things "the right way." Didn't work, if anything it just created more tension between us. Let them be man, dead serious

Back
Top Bottom