Is it just me or Chris Paul plays cheap?

Julius Hodge thinks that Chris Paul is dirty. He would have gotten lumped up had Hodge put his hands on him. CP3 is dirty but its not Bowen dirty.

Originally Posted by NT OG

laugh.gif
This is gonna go nowhere.

I don't cheat =/= I cheat sometimes.

That lying thing doesn't count
laugh.gif
...who doesn't lie?

Now in the NBA...not everyone flops or plays dirty. completely different.
i agree man, but just let this go. it's pretty much useless to get into an argument with ska. it's pretty childish if you ask me.

So....I don't steal means what? I steal sometimes?

I don't ____ means I don't _____.

Y'all are being hard-headed because it's an argument with a mod.

laugh.gif

I'm used to it.

By the way, NT OG, when do you feel was the worst call ever made in the history of the NBA? Because you mentioned last year in the playoffs that a certain callwas the "worst call ever".

So I'm pretty sure you remember the play, because... 'worst call ever'... that's pretty strong.

I would hate to think that you meant those words 'tongue in cheek', because it seems very clear that you take words very literally.

laugh.gif

Knowing damn well... all of you... that you understand the concept of speaking on reputation, not literal interpretations.

I've said that I love David Robinson because he didn't trash talk. I suspect that if you would have seen that, you would have posted a clip of D-Robtalking trash, like I meant that he NEVER talked trash. No. You know what I mean, and you know what I mean here. David doesn't have a rep of talking trash;he's not a trash talker. I said while he was playing that he doesn't talk trash, because statements like that are statements on reputation.

Like I said (and yes, I'm noticing that you refuse to respond to this exact rebuttal
laugh.gif
), "I have every reason to believe NT OG, because hedoesn't lie" does NOT mean "I have every reason to believe NT OG, because he NEVER, EVER lies."

Oh wait, you did respond to that; you said it didn't count.

roll.gif

While I don't believe that he is a dirty player, he has some "cheap" qualities in his game, like when he's driving to the lane with someoneon his hip then changes his direction instead of going straight forward he goes in at an angle with his shoulder to draw the foul. While that can beconsidered smart I don't like it but that still doesn't mean he isn't one of the best players in the league and he definitely has a mean streak tohim kinda like Isiah back in the day.
NT OG, don't bother arguing, you're not gonna get him to admit he's wrong.

I've been wanting to make this thread for awhile.. I like CP3 as a person and a player.... But you are in denial if you think that he doesn't flop

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Y'all are being hard-headed because it's an argument with a mod.

laugh.gif

I'm used to it.

By the way, NT OG, when do you feel was the worst call ever made in the history of the NBA? Because you mentioned last year in the playoffs that a certain call was the "worst call ever".

So I'm pretty sure you remember the play, because... 'worst call ever'... that's pretty strong.

I would hate to think that you meant those words 'tongue in cheek', because it seems very clear that you take words very literally.

laugh.gif

Knowing damn well... all of you... that you understand the concept of speaking on reputation, not literal interpretations.

I've said that I love David Robinson because he didn't trash talk. I suspect that if you would have seen that, you would have posted a clip of D-Rob talking trash, like I meant that he NEVER talked trash. No. You know what I mean, and you know what I mean here. David doesn't have a rep of talking trash; he's not a trash talker. I said while he was playing that he doesn't talk trash, because statements like that are statements on reputation.

Like I said (and yes, I'm noticing that you refuse to respond to this exact rebuttal
laugh.gif
), "I have every reason to believe NT OG, because he doesn't lie" does NOT mean "I have every reason to believe NT OG, because he NEVER, EVER lies."

Oh wait, you did respond to that; you said it didn't count.

roll.gif

laugh.gif
..tell me...which exact rebuttal of mine did you respond to?

and when you say "[NT OG] doesn't lie"..what the hell DO you mean? Why on earth would you say someone doesn't lie? Everybody lies. That'swhy I said that example doesn't count. It's not valid. That comment is never going to be taken seriously, literally, or loosely.

Now when you say..."he doesn't flop, and he doesn't play dirty"...Not everyone flops or plays dirty in the NBA.

I did respond to your rebuttal. You haven't responded to any of mine.

I don't _____ means I don't _____.

This does not mean that I take every sentence literally.

I don't understand why you didn't just say he doesn't flop a lot and he doesn't play dirty all the time. <--That would've been a lotmore accurate than what you said.

count me in. I would love to have him in my team but since he isnt, dude is super good at drawing foul and flopping. hate that crap.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

DoubleJs07:
#1. No Artest fans should say anything about another player playing dirty. I'm a HUGE Artest fan, but c'mon, you can't have Artest as your avy and then ay something like 'Chris Paul punched a guy in the nuts once in '05.'
So, because I have a Ron Artest avy I can't comment on someone who YOU said isn't dirty, hitting people in the balls?
Not if the dirty play you're talking about is one isolated play.
DoubleJs07:
Ok....I'm just calling a spade, a spade. Don't pretend like Paul is some choirboy that doesn't do %%%+. Good rebuttal, Ska.
Actually, you're not really calling a spade a spade when you say 'Punching people in the nuts since '05', because that would only hold true if he were still doing it, or if he had done it multiple times since '05.

And I never said he was a choir boy. I said he doesn't flop (but I didn't mean 'never') and he doesn't play dirty (but that doesn't mean 'never').

you must have missed the bruce bowen clip....

so I guess if Reggie Evans grabs another dude below the belt (which would make it two times), I couldn't say he has a habit of doing that right? I'msorry...but punching someone down there on more than one occasion isn't exactly an "isolated" play, ska...

also, I am not exatly following your interpretation of the word "doesn't." I guess in Skaville it has multiple meanings.....

I don't understand why you didn't just say he doesn't flop a lot and he doesn't play dirty all the time. <--That would've been a lot more accurate than what you said.

I agree 100%....

Originally Posted by CruThik3

He is really annoying when he plays. That attitude of his really grinds my gears. I'd rather have Deron Williams, more clutch player.

I don't know how you could make that assumption. I watch EVERY Hornets game and I've seen CP3 take over countless games and make countless clutchshots. There are many games that the Hornets would not have won had CP3 not taken over the game. I'll admit I don't watch alot of Jazz so I can'tcomment on Deron but you made that statement like CP3 just isn't clutch.

I will openly admit that CP is very adept at doing the little things to draw fouls. I've seen him do it numerous times. Name me a NBA superstar thatisn't??? Kobe gets the defender to make a little contact and then forces up ******ed shots to get the foul, Manu flops, Dirk flops, etc. etc. I guess Icould understand how some of you hate his attitude on the court. I'm a Hornets fan so I love seeing the fire and the intensity that he brings to the floor.I just think that as a point guard in the NBA, you have to have that attitude to let other guys know not to take you lightly. The edge that he brings to thegame is amazing. Almost every dominant player in this league has that same attitude; Kobe and LeBron included.

I wouldn't say he's a "dirty" player but he's been known to pull annoying little stunts since HS.

Originally Posted by freshKRN

Everytime i see this guy play he always initiates the contact or purposely bumps into him when hes dribbling and the ref calls foul on the other player...

Yeah i know its smart for Chris Paul to do this, but it sometimes pisses me off

sooo.... is it just me?
smh.gif
499w.jpg

YOU MEAN LIKE FLOPING PAUL!?

QUE!!!?? Okay.. I want examples on how Chris Paul is supposed to play basketball the "proper," way.. Is there a Proper way?? You win the Game..That's all you need to do .. Now if he's playing dirty to an extent where he's constantly punching people *goodness wow one time* (doesn't seemto me Bruce bowen felt anything down there sooo X that one out lmao), and flopping *Which NBA player does not flop
alien.gif
*, then you have a point that he's an annoying person and a "littlebastard" on the court.. You can't use ONE! isolated incident and say, "ohh he's such a dirty player" I haven't seen a habit of thispunching or anything of that sort..

And how can it annoy you when he dribbles around a screen and gets in front of the trailer, leaving a 2 on 1 situation.. Point Guard at it's Finest..
I guess.. Every star has it's faults according to niketalk..

Paul is a damn stud. Truly great PG and a joy to watch play the game except for one thing.

The dude is one of the floppiest, whiniest, guys on the court I have ever seen.

And everytime I see him dribble INTO players that are behind him or near him, I wish they would just punch him in the face so he'll stop doing it.

How the hell can a player as fast as Paul be in the OPEN court, in front, slow down to initiate contact with a guy merely running down the floor to get to hisman, and either get the foul called, or scream at the ref for not calling the foul?

That to me is bush, and hopefully someday someone corrects him for it, and then I will have zero anything to say negative about the kid.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom