is it right to ask friends for GAS money?

xxpizzo23

Banned
so my question to my fellow NTers is, if your friend makes a plan to do something and offers the ride and then said would you be able to throw up gas money? what do you think about that? IMO i think that its just a jerkoff move if you offer to drive someone why ask for gas money, it has nothing to do with money but if you get offerd a ride why should i throw you money to fill up your tank when i can just drive my own car.

Obviously no. If anyone offers to drive it should be on them. Why offer if you can't afford it? On the flip..

If were going out drinking and my man DD's everyone we always gas him up. It's the least a friend could do for someone giving them a safe ride.

I ask for gas regardless... Gas prices lookin stupid right now pleighboi... $3.65 in my hood
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

it depends...

if the ride is to the mall no

if the ride is to atlanta i don't think its crazy to ask for gas

I give gas money if he drives my girl too/I bring a friend he's not close with. If it's me and him though, he can eff himself. I've never been in the predicament though that my boy just asked me for gas money if he offered to drive. That's messed up.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

it depends...

if the ride is to the mall no

if the ride is to atlanta i don't think its crazy to ask for gas
Well this, too. But I mean.. I don't think anyone would expect a free road trip. Right?
laugh.gif

Then refuse and drive your own car.

If someone offers me a ride I will always offer to give them some gas money.

I think it's just common courtesy.

It's up to them if they take it or not.

Originally Posted by Young Handsome

I ask for gas regardless... Gas prices lookin stupid right now pleighboi... $3.65 in my hood
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

87 is $3.99 here. It's ugly y'all.

ehh it depends. I mean if my friends and I are going to a planned place like the movies, I dont ask for gas money. Because Im going there anyway. but if we go on an unplanend excursion after the movie that has me driving all around the city and stopping off at different spots, then yea I ask.

It all depends on how far the trip is really. You should know when you have to chip on for gas though.

If I offer the ride, I don't ask

If you're asking for a ride, I still dont ask...not from my friends

My friends will usually get me back in one way or another if they didnt offer gas money themselves in the first place

my friends never give gas money im on the only one with a car

Got $7 for driving from MA to RI
30t6p3b.gif

Ahhh the gas money debate..
It really depends on the situation and how im feeling. If he offers then no, im not throwin anything.

If its a planned trip somewhere with a bunch of us, then yea we all chip in. But if my boy needs a ride and its not

convenient for me, best believe im collectin some gas money
grin.gif

anyways if someone drive, then someone else should be spotting for parking or get the dude something to eat. not as a requirement, just as an unwritten law to do something in return. asking for money though seems cheap as hell

If its a really far drive.... probably

If your always the one stuck driving with your friends.... probably

If your just going to the movies or something.... naw just make them drive next time

Originally Posted by iamsaikotic

Then refuse and drive your own car.

If someone offers me a ride I will always offer to give them some gas money.

I think it's just common courtesy.

It's up to them if they take it or not.
It took 5 posts to get the right answer.  You guys are grimey have you seen gas prices??? of course i offer money
If its not about the money then driver yourself.

As mentioned if its less then 10 minutes from home and dude asked for gas money id just drive myself but if its an hour drive id def throw money to the driver.  And offer to pay tolls too.  

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

3.65?
roll.gif
roll.gif
   Man that's cheap

Originally Posted by Vendetta

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

3.65?
roll.gif
roll.gif
   Man that's cheap
I'm sayin', it's $4.50 here in LA. And to answer Op's question it comes down to how much your friends abuse you giving them rides and how far you're going.

if someone ask for a ride and its out my way or far or im low on gas ill ask for gas money
other than that nope

Originally Posted by cap1229

4 dollars here. It hurts my heart everytime i turn my truck on.

wat kinda truck you drive? saw a cutie ina raptor the other day. i was jelly

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Obviously no. If anyone offers to drive it should be on them. Why offer if you can't afford it? On the flip..

If were going out drinking and my man DD's everyone we always gas him up. It's the least a friend could do for someone giving them a safe ride.

QFT.

#OhHellYeah!

Back
Top Bottom