is it worth it to join the military to pay for grad school?

Bump. 
nerd.gif

^^^Everything Devildoc said, plus the officer route is more of a career move than road to get school paid for.

but seriously, everything Devildoc said

I know someone who joined the Navy to pay for his education. He came out a totally well adjusted, level headed person. He's 4 years behind his peers but isn't paying one cent.

I would only seriously consider the Navy or the Air Force. Even then I'd never do it.

There are no desk jobs everyone deploys and if they need you to go out the wire down range you will idk why everyone thinks a certain mos means no combat lol but coming in with a degree is the way to go also u can take class while your in im takin classes now on Ta (Tuition Assistance) which pays for youre school while you are serving and you still get the gi bill i will say it depends on how its structured when you join to bo honest so just look into it

OP, why do you always post by having dambs, yambs, fambs, crambs, clambs, hambs, etc. written?

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

OP, why do you always post by having dambs, yambs, fambs, crambs, clambs, hambs, etc. written?
%@%% is dumb as hell. Dude forces them too. It's on the same level as ninjahood refusing to let go of "da" so half the $%@+%! on here don't take his posts seriously.

If you know what you're doing and just isnt a grunt, it might be a good move. ?mky little bro did it and is a reservist. Loves all the military credits he gets for work, school, etc, and works 2 days a month. #pocketchange.

Yeah the whole famb thing is old now.

And no to grad school and no to military. Unless you know you really want it.

Originally Posted by snaggykicks

There are no desk jobs everyone deploys and if they need you to go out the wire down range you will idk why everyone thinks a certain mos means no combat lol but coming in with a degree is the way to go also u can take class while your in im takin classes now on Ta (Tuition Assistance) which pays for youre school while you are serving and you still get the gi bill i will say it depends on how its structured when you join to bo honest so just look into it

lol wut?  On any deployment I've ever been on there have been plenty admin/intel/accounting types that sat behind desks in country

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

%@%% is dumb as hell. Dude forces them too. It's on the same level as ninjahood refusing to let go of "da" so half the $%@+%! on here don't take his posts seriously.

laugh.gif
I swear, it's almost harder to type that way. 

Originally Posted by solarius49

lol wut?  On any deployment I've ever been on there have been plenty admin/intel/accounting types that sat behind desks in country

....thats that Marine/Army mentality. sure Devildoc had great things to say......if you wanna join the marines.

...in the Airforce 'everyone' doesnt deploy. and there are plenty of desk jobs.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Originally Posted by solarius49

....thats that Marine/Army mentality. sure Devildoc had great things to say......if you wanna join the marines.

so have I know plenty admin workers in all branches that have gone out on covoys and etc im a supply guy a desk job as you say but goin out the wire is not a guranteed not gonna happen besides what u gonna do if ya fob takes mortar rounds etc just sayin for example

Bad idea, me thinks.

Does anyone still know if there is a waiting list to get in?

Look into Peace Corps or the other corps that's based in the states. They pay for you to go to school.

Yeah Im a marine and i know plenty of people who deploy, and plenty of people who sit behind desks the whole deployment. Bottom line, if you want to do it as a springboard to grad school its not worth it

probably a long shot but look into seeing if you can get a ROTC scholarship for grad school. I met a few people from my university that were grad students on NROTC scholarships. upon completion, they'd get a direct commission into the Naval Reserves

Yes, its worth it as an Officer. I did 6 years in the Navy. One of my co-workers has college loans, I have none. I actually get paid to go to school. The military was a goog choice for me.

I graduated last year with a Degree in Computer Info Systems and was Cum Laude, I use to think about doing the Air Force route, because people I know in the Air Force was like with my degree I wouldn't see combat, Id be doing something technical/analyst like.

I heard Air Force isn't even accepting people for Officer school or something anymore because pretty much everyone who couldn't find a job from like 02-08 went that route.

Back
Top Bottom