Is Kevin Durant the last NBA Superstar for awhile?

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Originally Posted by DUB 253

Originally Posted by LDJ

As crazy as it sounds he cant be because his name is too plain jane... think about it what superstar you can think of with a plain jane name like mike james, john smith, kevin price...
Nah fam, if anything holds him back it'll be not having two eyebrows...
fearthebrow.jpg

It actually might be a potential marketing tool

i think embrace the brow is a lil more catchy...

The league is in good hands with these young players... A lot of them aren't even in their prime yet
eek.gif

There's still room for superstars that were drafted after KD.

There will always be superstar point guards and even big men but for perimeter scorers, it depends. We're in the era of the tweener. Players can look good in college but come to the NBA where they struggle to find a defined position. The future of the pure shooting guard also looks bleak -  there has been a pretty big gap between best shooting guards in the NBA for a while now with Kobe, Wade, and then a huge dropoff to number three. 

Originally Posted by bkzkurse

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by Al3xis

+ your man Wiggins are really the only two I could really feel confident penciling in for 10 ASG's and being franchise players if you're just looking in the college and HS ranks. 
Beyond that it's a roll of the dice, but that's usually the case. 

As crazy as it sounds he cant be because his name is too plain jane... think about it what superstar you can think of with a plain jane name like mike james, john smith, kevin price...

roll.gif
 name talent correlation 

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Guess dude never heard of Michael Jordan, Ray Allen, Steve Nash, Kevin Garnett, Dwight Howard, Karl Malone, Chris Paul, Vince Carter, and about 100 other superstars past, present and possibly future I can think of. 

Pass that %#%% homie. 

If his theory was true DJ Mbenga would God. 

Originally Posted by LDJ

Al3xis wrote:

Osh Kosh Bosh wrote:

Anthony Davis?
+ your man Wiggins are really the only two I could really feel confident penciling in for 10 ASG's and being franchise players if you're just looking in the college and HS ranks. 

Austin Rivers has potential imo

Austin Rivers will NEVER be a superstar.

I guess Davis is the next surefire pick.

Not 100% sold on Bari yet, Cake. I want to see him a few more times throughout his HS career.

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

Originally Posted by Curious24

I dont follow college bball or high school.  I beleive only superstars win championships.  As a knick fan i dont think we can win without a superstar.  When i watched Kevin Durant I knew right away this guy was a superstar.  6'10 ppl dont go off for forty with little effort.

Durant is an offensive threat, but he has a while to be a figure on the "DEFENSIVE" end.  A lot of SUPER STARS do not exhibit both sides of the game.  When Durant can SHUT DOWN another player, and not just be on ESPN for his 'points', that's when he'll become a true super star.  He still is very talented and the new face for the NBA.  I like his image, but he has tattoos and shaved pits, which make him a bit less manly.
attention-o.gif

Anyway,
Kevin Durrant, Russell Westbrook, Derrick Rose, John Wall, Kyrie Irving, and Demarcus Cousins all got next

I think I see what your getting at OP. Is he THAT player that rarely comes around like Lebron... And I think he is.

Give it a year or two and Durant will be better than Lebron.

Everyone else in the league is and always will be a few steps behind Durant. It went Jordan, Kobe, Lebron, and now Durant. He's in that category and im pretty sure thats what your asking. You can't really put a point guard in that category because of what their role is on the court. So Rose, Russell, Wall, Irving ect wont ever get to Kobe, Lebron, Durant status. Chris Paul plays the point guard position better than anyone ive ever seen in my lifetime but you cant put him in that category cause what they're expected to do is much different. Thats why Rose will never be in consideration, he wont even get to Pauls level.

Going back to Durant though, and how I said it went Jordan, Kobe, Lebron, and now Durant. Call me crazy but I think there's a chance Durant could be the best ever. He is so young, so good at scoring, with still soo much potential. But the main reason why I think he could be the best ever is because he's 7 feet tall. As his game progresses I see it literally being impossible to stop him from scoring. The height and length are simply something Jordan and them didnt or could never have. You can work on your mid range game, but you cant work on being taller.
And I dont know if you guys are serious or not with the Anthony Davis talk, or anyone playing in the NCAA right now, but not one of them will be anywhere close to being as good as Durant.

Originally Posted by LDJ

fearthebrow.jpg

It actually might be a potential marketing tool
I always tell this to people when they mention it. like NIKE incorporating it into a logo
pimp.gif

BTW, A. Davis will be a stud/superstar(but that seems to be common knowledge on here)
Kyrie Irving

Derrick Rose is a borderline Superstar(if not already a superstar) & he came after KD.
K. Love, LaMarcus Aldridge, maybe. I thought John Wall would be one, the jury is still out. same w/ Cousins, but some guys struggle to put it all together

Jabari Parker(class of 2013) has a Superstar-esque aura about him

All in all, "Superstars" aren't going anywhere in the NBA, or any sport for that matter. I can't lie, though. after HS class if 2009(J.Wall) '10, '11, '12 didn't have that player you looked at in HS & seen as a "phenom"
but players emerge every year, whether it be HS or College. look at Thomas Robinson

Durant will not be.better than LeBron in one or two years.
laugh.gif
What could possibly make you say this? Hold up. Possibly best ever?
eek.gif

There's no way to project high school kids as future superstars... in 06 people would have told you that Mike Beasley was going to be an elite scorer and franchise player for a lucky NBA team.
Also, Anthony Davis seems like a potential pick. Sort of like a Marvin Williams. IDK.

Originally Posted by Cheese Wagstaff

Also, Anthony Davis seems like a potential pick. Sort of like a Marvin Williams. IDK.

Anthony Davis as a high school senior was better than a pro Marvin Williams.

There's no way to project high school kids as future superstars... in 06 people would have told you that Mike Beasley was going to be an elite scorer and franchise player for a lucky NBA team.
during Williams' Frosh year, I NEVER seen star or lottery pick, for that matter. Never got the hype around him during that season.

At least I can say I see A. Davis produce & at a high level. UK isn't nearly the team they are w/o him. I said every team in the nation is an Anthony Davis away from being the National Championship favorite.
Huge fan of that kid. he's a beast.

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Anthony Davis?
This is ridiculous. No.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Anthony Davis?

I think Bari is capable.

How many average athletes become superstar players? Very rare, and I'm not sure Jabari is anything more than that. Do I think he has an incredibly high floor? Sure.

Just saying that cats are hyped over Davis' potential and athleticism. Am I wrong? The kid recently had a growth spurt and is still adjusting to his frame.

Just saying that cats are hyped over Davis' potential and athleticism. Am I wrong? The kid recently had a growth spurt and is still adjusting to his frame.
Anthony Davis is the best player in college basketball, the unquestioned number 1 pick, with an elite traslatble basketball skills (blocking shots/rebounding), Marin Williams is was never any of this, not even close.

He has a skill set that is going to translate pretty seamlessly to the NBA. Going to be lethal in pick & roll/pop sets & the defense is a given. Not too many holes in his game that he needs to work on (I'm sure a jump hook will come) just repetition and getting stronger.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Durant will not be.better than LeBron in one or two years.
laugh.gif
What could possibly make you say this? Hold up. Possibly best ever?
eek.gif

Why couldnt he be better than Bron? People were talking about Durant being better than him last year. Why couldnt he be better than him in another year or 2. Your crazy to think Durant is right there with Lebron.
Im not saying Durant will for sure be the best ever. I said there's a chance. People said Lebron had a chance of being the best ever so why cant you say the same about Durant. He's already elite at the age of 23. His skill set with his physical attributes are something the NBA has never seen. 

What is the point of this thread?

There's a lot of stars and young guys with great potential coming up.

I don't follow college that much, but in terms of what we got right now, if we're talking one of those guys that only come around every once in a while, since Jordan, we've had Shaq, Kobe, and LeBron. That's it to me. We can call other guys superstars like Rose, Durant, Dwight, etc., but if we're going to be picky on who we call a superstar, I'm not sure I call any of the latter three superstars.

If we're going to be loose with the term and say guys like All-First NBA team, yeah sure, there will be more.

Personally, I don't see Durant developing into that. He could, but most guys don't. Iceman is the perfect analogy for him.

80s- Magic, Bird, Jordan
90s- Jordan, Kobe, Shaq.
2000s- Kobe, Shaq, LeBron.

That's how I see it. I didn't even include Duncan on there. Duncan is undoubtedly the best PF to ever lace em up, but I don't know to be a superstar, you got to have the persona. He just doesn't have it.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

I think Bari is capable.

How many average athletes become superstar players? Very rare, and I'm not sure Jabari is anything more than that. Do I think he has an incredibly high floor? Sure.

Do you or have you ever classified #7 as a superstar player?

Back
Top Bottom