Is Kevin Hart as big of a star as Eddie Murphy was in the 80's?

My point is that stand up is the only thing Hart is close to matching to Eddie when it comes to being a huge star

If selling out stadiums and having specials is all it takes to be close to Eddie's level of fame when it comes to stand-up then a bunch of other comedians have done that and gotten close to Eddie.

I mean damn Chris Rock had a string of doing that in the late 90s and 2000s. I guess that means Kevin is close to Chris and Eddie.

No, not even close.

People are severely underestimating how big Eddie was in his prime.

Kevin Hart has a long ways to go.

How can kids under 21 not who Eddie Murphy is with all the Shrek movies that came out. Y'all find any excuse not to be wrong about Kevin Hart. Stupid mothas.
laugh.gif
 @ kids knowing who voice actors are or even caring about that ****.

Kevin is a huge star

cats just clowded by their taste in comedy

comedy wise Kevin is def just as big but movie wise no

and overall no Kevin is not as big of a star but the gap is not that big as people acting

people in here refuse to separate star power from talent

On a side note, Delirious and Raw have aged badly for me. I know he makes fun of everyone in these standups, but a lot of it is too racist and homophobic for me to enjoy in 2016. I am not a fan of Kevin Hart at all if it matters.

Last edited:
We talking about who has had a bigger star in the peak. Now we talking about the mall, and who's on tv more. :lol: like son that's not OPs question. Plus Eddie ain't working by choice. Why would he be doing media rounds? He's paid enjoying life.

My homie is one of Eddies many kids. Bro is paid with a M6, private jet rides, exotic trips, etc. this is one of his what, 9 kids? And he got enough to share. He don't need to work.

I went to HS w/ one of his kids & fam lived n a big *** mansion ACROSS THE STREET from the HS & still drove a hummer to school

Realized something else that helps Kevin, there's barely any damn comedies made anymore. Trying to find some recent ones while snowed in was a task.

Realized something else that helps Kevin, there's barely any damn comedies made anymore. Trying to find some recent ones while snowed in was a task.

nah theres tons of "comedies" but the bulk of them suck & are unwatchable after a few miuntes

I saw this comedy special that was pretty funny a few weeks back on Showtime

Movies are fewer and farther between cuz the really funny ppl aint making movies that are as funny and the new ppl can't get big roles in a comedy or make one on their own.

It'll take a while. I'm hoping some of the past Last Comic Standing contestants get shots in the biz. Dudes are hilarious.

Last edited:
I don't remember the last legitimately funny comedy I saw in theaters. Pineapple Express?

Me and my bro were having this discussion the other night. Like there really aren't any good comedy movies anymore. Action, comedy and horror are dying out.

"This is the end" was the last legit funny movie I've seen though.

Started reading this sentence and thought you were gonna say comedians.

But now that it's brought up, someone drop some young, new black comedians. I only know of Jermaine guy from Guy Code and the Damien Lemon guy from Guy Code.

This dude ain't funny at all.

Comments **** riding the hell out of dude.

Weird people laugh at anything.

Last edited:
Started reading this sentence and thought you were gonna say comedians.

But now that it's brought up, someone drop some young, new black comedians. I only know of Jermaine guy from Guy Code and the Damien Lemon guy from Guy Code.
Not really new but Jay Pharaoh is pretty funny.

Back
Top Bottom