Is Rap music dead/dying?

and in 10 yrs the kids listening to "mainstream" rap now will say the same thing

these threads are stupid

Last edited:
Music is so subjective. Like what some people said in this thread, it's literally tons of artist out. Of every variety. Just find something you dig. 

Nope!  Rap never died & it never will.  I don't listen to any mainstream, so I'm not up on what most of ya'll like, but all of the dope artists are underground.  

some i dont like but they are catchy like chief keef

the game is on this **** now.. like celebration like the f is this **** celebration

rappers now a days with the internet drop songs that shouldve wouldve been shelfed and get some big names... **** songs nothing new..... like everybody is the birdman of rap now. same **** different song ... the producers are the same. get a signiture sound and use the **** of it ala lex luger... not to make this a old school new school type thing but eminem in marshall matters lp instrumentals was all different cool ****. none of this producer tryin to get his shine

my .02

-_-

Nah.

Just because more people can go to an art store buy some supplies and go home to paint over a projection, water down a popular style that took a real artist years to develop or get on Adobe CS with no talent and bang out some corny graphics with stock art found on the internet doesn't mean visual art is dead...

Same thing goes with hip hop. It easier to do now, so of course you're gonna hear a bunch of garbage getting pumped out. Does that mean true artistry is dead in hip hop? No. Let's not pretend that every artist in the past was a Rakim, Nas, Pac or Biggie. For every KRS-1, their was a Fat Boys, 2 Live Crew and PM Dawn. The list for bad art in every era of hip hop outnumbers the quality music by far. And if I'm being honest, all of those bad artist still had a little talent and would make a decent track a couple of times a career. Hell, Kris Kros was garbage, but they had a good track in "Live and Die for Hip Hop."

Good art is good because it's rare and not easy for everyone to create. If everything was great, there would be no greats. Real art takes time, experience and pressure to create so don't expect it to be dripping out of every MC that touches a mic.

Imma say this from the bottom of my heart, i blame NY for this, i mean when they was eating, they was eating good and you got good hip hop with it, but that south hate they was throwing in the early 00's was just :rolleyes, then that whole im not a rapper faze created this monster we got now, where cats dont even try and can make dough. I find myself getting overloaded with the new music that comes out every second, i swear i take like 2 weeks breaks from new hip hop just to decipher the trash from the good stuff. I havent listen to good kid mad city in a while trying to let it breathe before i say its as good as it is. just me though, if new york could produce a good rapper, who doesn't look/act weird, i would be back on deck, until then it aint looking good.

Last edited:
people don't have standards anymore and the ones who do are called haters.

This is very true.

Fans stopped respecting Hip-Hop as an art form.

thats da slow death of cancer as far as im concerned.
you cant impress someone with a skill that they can't see as "hard" to do

Yep. I've said it plenty of times on here, but you can blame increasing technology for that. A youtube account makes you a journalist, and FL studio makes you a producer. Why grind and truly build something good when when can just take the easiest way possible and get money. There's so many scum rappers that make a mockery of the genre just for $$$, so the dudes coming up would could potentially be transcending/engaging artists figure there's no room for them, or they succumb to making a mockery of rap/hip hop as well.

Last edited:
the good **** is still around its just not in the mainstream for the most part...
there isnt as much of it around tho... fans stopped respecting the art so the "Artists" did too...
people cosign wack **** cuz its uptempo saying its "good workout music"
people just make every excuse possible for ******** now and most dont care anyway
so many people listen to wack **** because it has deep bass and they like how it hits on their subs
cats really have the nerve to call non hype **** "headphone music"
people are just corny and its not just rap its the urban culture in general

THIS......:pimp: homie you hit the nail on the head with this comment people these days are very corny & lame the culture is just follow the trend & your cool I mean just look at INSTAGRAM....:lol: :lol:

Rap music aint gonna die as long as ppl keep rapping.

If it actually died I guess all those ppl in the early 90s who said it was a fad will get their day.

Hip Hop has never died to me, like stated above me the ratio of bad music to good music is like 20:1 artist like jay z , nas, big L, big pun, wu-tang clan, The roots, slum village, common, ATCQ, De La Soul. MF DOOM, Madlib, Black Star, Eminem, etc. in the 90's. J Dilla, Kanye, Lupe, Twista, Gemini/Gemstones, 50 cent (though none of them rhyme like they used to) Little Brother, in the early 2000's. and even now we have Kendrick Lamar, Ab-soul, Rapsody, Chuuwee, Action Bronson, Blu, Mickey Factz, Joey Bad*****, Asher Roth, Slaughterhouse, Curren$y, Big K.r.i.t., Jay Electronica (though he seldom drops music), and J Cole. So no Hip Hop has and never will die as long as one person have the drive to make music just because they genuinely love it.

IT WILL NEVER DIE CAUSE IT WILL LIVE THROUGH THE GREATS LIKE BIGGIE AND 2PAC. BUT THE MUSIC THAT IS COMING OUT NOW DOES NOT COMPARE TO THAT OF THE EARLY AND LATE 90S. NEVER. HOPEFULLY IN THE NEAR FUTURE SOME REAL QUALITY MUSIC WILL COME OUT

Back
Top Bottom