Is Rasheed Wallace a smart player? Russell Westbrook thinks so.

Before the game as Westbrook sat in front of his locker, intently watching film from Game 4, he admitted he wasn't a big Kobe Bryant fan growing up despite living in Lawndale and attending UCLA.

la_g_lakers_thunderlive1_288.jpg

Kevork Djansezian/Getty ImagesRussell Westbrook, who grew up in Los Angeles, admitted he wasn't a die-hard Lakers or Kobe Bryant fan growing up.

"Nah, they were a good team, but I wasn't a die-hard Lakers fan," he said. "I liked the Grizzlies and the Blazers. I liked Rasheed Wallace and http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=996Pau Gasol. I always wanted the Lakers to win but not when they were playing those teams. I wasn't really a fan of those teams but of those players. They're smart players; those are my favorite kind of players."

heres the full article [url=http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/columns/story?id=5142029]http://sports.espn.go.com...columns/story?id=5142029[/url]

sheed is an incredible player but i dont think hes a smart player...he lets his emotions get to him and for me thats not a smart player

and is westbrook saying that the reason why he didnt like the Lakers growing up because there wasnt anybody smart on that team?

thoughts NT?

Rasheed's GREAT B-Ball IQ is well-documented....Rasheed is one of the smartest players in the NBA....by far.

I think it's been widely known Rasheed has a high bball IQ. His coaches, teammates, and media have talked about it since he's been in the L.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Rasheed's GREAT B-Ball IQ is well-documented....Rasheed is one of the smartest players in the NBA....by far.

word. he might not be the most athletic and the most hustling player but he has a great basketball knowledge. 

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

if he wasnt such a knucklehead he would probably be up there with timmy

qft. rasheed knows the game. he has all the tools, but doesn't really care to be great. the guy has a post up game (which he rarely uses) and a nice touch from outside. also, he is a solid defensive player. remember the impact he had on that pistons team, he was the missing link. his constant arguing with the refs, and going through his career not wanting to be the best is what people will remember most about his career.

Originally Posted by DMan14

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

if he wasnt such a knucklehead he would probably be up there with timmy

qft. rasheed knows the game. he has all the tools, but doesn't really care to be great. the guy has a post up game (which he rarely uses) and a nice touch from outside. also, he is a solid defensive player. remember the impact he had on that pistons team, he was the missing link. his constant arguing with the refs, and going through his career not wanting to be the best is what people will remember most about his career.
IMO a player who has a high basketball IQ along with self discipline and keep his cool is what defines a smart player...no doubt sheed has the high basketball IQ but his constant bickering and t's doesnt make him a smart player in my book

guys like timmy, j.kidd and battier are some of my ideas of smart players

Sheed is very similar to Sam Cassell, where they have iffy reputations related to their tempers, yet nobody doubts the fact that they know the game better than most. The main difference in how we regard these dudes is that Sheed has been coasting through his career while Gollum maxed out his talent.

Sheed is one of my favorite players because of how he doesn't care what people think and he's talented as hell and keeps it real. He's just being Sheed.

If he wanted to, I think Sheed would dominate on a nightly basis. Like someone said about Timmy.

Back
Top Bottom