Is that real butter on the popcorn at the movies or just delicious grease?

I'm at home trying to make some popcorn like the movie theater popcorn, I add butter in everything but it just doesn't taste the same.

So I came to the conclusion that it's just grease, and not real butter at all.

I'm stupid.

-Jacob

Originally Posted by getmoneyforever

basically butter flavor so yea grease
Damn, so not only is the price to make the popcorn cheap, but they don't even use real butter. So essentially the movie theater is making a greater profit on the popcorn than the actual movies.

yea, it's basically flavored vegetable oil and salt because real butter costs more plus it melts the popcorn.

I work at the theater, that aint butter, its straight up grease..now you know.

Damn,so not only is the price to make the popcorn cheap, but they don't evenuse real butter. So essentially the movie theater is making a greaterprofit on the popcorn than the actual movies.

They dont really profit off the movies...all that money goes to the movie companies and what not.. the theater gets its money from the concessions

laugh.gif
delicious grease

To make it at home also, mix real butter and a type of vegetable oil and salt. Canola or Peanut Oil is best. Or you can buy it. Somewhere like Sam's or Costco should have butter flavoring. I'm not sure about Wal Mart though I assume they would have something comparable too, however, I don't know if you have Wal Mart since you are in CA IIRC
http://www.amazon.com/Wab...ed-Popcorn/dp/B000UZLQG2

I'm about to start bootlegging movies, and charging people to watch them, and serve them food too.

You cant duplicate that taste.....!%@# is like crack yo
smh.gif

Edit: I'm going to try what DatNasty posted soon
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BalconyBundles

I work at the theater, that aint butter, its straight up grease..now you know.

Damn,so not only is the price to make the popcorn cheap, but they don't evenuse real butter. So essentially the movie theater is making a greaterprofit on the popcorn than the actual movies.

They dont really profit off the movies...all that money goes to the movie companies and what not.. the theater gets its money from the concessions

QFT. Only a percentage goes to the movies, Tickets are already 10 plus dollars

You gotta make sure the person getting your popcorn puts that grease on the bottom, in the middle, and on top.

Originally Posted by jumpman247

I'm about to start bootlegging movies, and charging people to watch them, and serve them food too.

That's a brilliant idea, why didn't I think of that?

why did datznasty go and post the recipe?

gonna have a brotha drinking straight popcorn grease, no chaser.

Originally Posted by Hankzilla

Originally Posted by jumpman247

That's a brilliant idea, why didn't I think of that?
Cause there is no well in hell that would work. Only an idiot would pay for all that. Unless you got your own personal theatre at home.                                             

Use to work at a movie theater, I'm not sure what the butter actually was, but I do remember them looking like giant yellow plastic sacks of lard..

so delicious.
i still microwave butter and put it on my popcorn at home though. still good to me. soggy ones are good sometimes too.

Delicious grease
laugh.gif

Mmm but seriously, don't put anything on the popcorn once you've made it and just sift some icing sugar through it.
pimp.gif
sooo good

Originally Posted by DanzInRealLife

Delicious grease
laugh.gif

Mmm but seriously, don't put anything on the popcorn once you've made it and just sift some icing sugar through it.
pimp.gif
sooo good
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

Originally Posted by DanzInRealLife

Delicious grease
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
sooo good
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Oh, kettle corn?
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom